[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

This mod is amazing and for a while I thought it died, GLAD IT DIDN'T!!! very happy to see new things rolling out! I would love this mod so much more if the ranger didn't fly like a plank in FAR. Once again keep up the great work guys!!!

The Miniranger is awesome! It's rather twitchy though, and needs a fairly gentle hand. It also seems a bit large for kerbals- I would expect it to be ~ the same size as the Mk1 cockpit (mostly). The current version looks like it could hold 2 kerbals or more in a row.

It really needs engine emissives&hotrockets though. Otherwise, it looks AMAZING. Also needs an attach node on the top/bottom. And surface-attach.

In FAR, the COM is too far back, or the CoL is too far foward, resulting in instability during flight.

Edited by Mekan1k

Thanks guys! Time is a little limited for me again so development may slow down a little.

Second test release of the Mini-Ranger, now with IVA!

Weird bug, I changed the engine fuel resource to liquid fuel for simplicity and to allow for cool little fuel % gauges in the IVA, but now the fuel doesn't show up in the staging. Shall look into it further.

Thanks guys! Time is a little limited for me again so development may slow down a little.

Second test release of the Mini-Ranger, now with IVA!

Weird bug, I changed the engine fuel resource to liquid fuel for simplicity and to allow for cool little fuel % gauges in the IVA, but now the fuel doesn't show up in the staging. Shall look into it further.

Of course I'm at school right now and still have six hours to go until the day's over. ;.; I'm excited to test this out!

hej there.

awesomme mod. i'm having a lot of fun with it.

have a interesting suggestion for you. In the movie there are cryogenic sleep pods, but you must think how am i ever going to do that in ksp ?

well not many people know it but there had been a mod around that does it. it would make a perfect adition to the interstellar ship cause currently u cant go far with the ship if u have TAC installed .

il post the link bellow , maybe u can contact the creator of that mod. Its just a suggestion

keep up the good work. ps. english aint my first language so sorry if my spelling is weird.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92806-WIP-25-PaladinLabs-Dev-Thread-DeepFreeze-cryonic-crew-storage-v-012

I really like that mini ranger, i think it is better than the ranger, and only in 1 part! well done^^

but i have a weird bug, after i undock my miniranger in space the yaw left, yaw right and the left and right are inversed in the controlW2FNXac.png

Edited by S1000RRHP4

I really like that mini ranger, i think it is better than the ranger, and only in 1 part! well done^^

but i have a weird bug, after i undock my miniranger in space the yaw left, yaw right and the left and right are inversed in the controlhttp://i.imgur.com/W2FNXac.png

You sure you aren't controlling from the docking port?

No i checked that before, i was controlling from the ranger and not the docking port

That's strange. Try quicksaving and reloading. Is the IVA working correctly?

How do I remove parts of the endurance to take down to the surface? Are the permanently attached after I build it.

In the stock vessel provided they attached by docking ports to the attachment nodes inside the modules, so once you arrive at your destination you can right-click and select 'decouple node' and then dock them to the Lander's docking port.

Doing a retexture of the Lander to bring it more in line with the film version. Darker top surface will be the side which has a built-in heat shield, so those of you with deadly reentry will need to reenter inverted to protect the payload. Also will have integrated RCS ports.

6J9qTyL.png

The underside is as before. I also added a bit of specular to it.

I found a picture of the lander reentering somewhere, and it reenters with the thrusters facing down. I think the landing pods have heat resistance too.

i did a test run with the lander orbiting kerbin, and in stock, reentering with a payload is fine. If you add heat shielding to the bottom of the lander and pods, and heat shielding to one side of the pod ( the lander enters with the cockpit facing around 20 degrees downward), it should function fine in DRE.

Edited by Rolanvorxariat
autocorrect, U wot m8? You don't correct, you jsut make nonsensical phrases!

MK2GZsC.png

Definitely inverted here. Looks like the VTOL engines have protective covers for reentry, not sure I'll add those though since it's unnecessarily complex.

The idea of inverted reentry seems to be something which got lost somewhere along the process of designing the Lander's appearance in the film, since the earlier concept art has no windows on the top of the Lander and a thick heatshield. It's a shame cos that would've been quite cool.

http://i.imgur.com/MK2GZsC.png

Definitely inverted here. Looks like the VTOL engines have protective covers for reentry, not sure I'll add those though since it's unnecessarily complex.

The idea of inverted reentry seems to be something which got lost somewhere along the process of designing the Lander's appearance in the film, since the earlier concept art has no windows on the top of the Lander and a thick heatshield. It's a shame cos that would've been quite cool.

That is not the picture i found, but this one looks a bit more official. I guess the lander reenters with thrusters up.

http://i.imgur.com/MK2GZsC.png

I think the reason of reentering inverted is to protect the payload that is under the Lander

Guys, is there any mod to add saved vessels to assembly hangar? I mean, like I can add subassembly. So I can attach everything to Endurance without playing a docking game with Rangers every time I launch it into space, lazy mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.