[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Okay, I managed to replicate the Flag on ground bug on Laythe. Weirdly it only happens in some spots and replanting it somewhere else doesn't have the same effect. Some other KAS objects drop through the terrain too. I think it is a KAS native bug unfortunately. I will look into moving over to KIS and see if that helps.

Kaboom! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Will be great to take the Endurance round the real Interstellar planets.

Okay, I managed to replicate the Flag on ground bug on Laythe. Weirdly it only happens in some spots and replanting it somewhere else doesn't have the same effect. Some other KAS objects drop through the terrain too. I think it is a KAS native bug unfortunately. I will look into moving over to KIS and see if that helps.

Kaboom! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Will be great to take the Endurance round the real Interstellar planets.

Gargantua should be done by tonight. Using a black planet because I can't get black hole textures.

Huh, weird!

Maybe we do need to update to KIS.

I think that's possible but haven't checked it out.

Here's how I think you'd do it:

- Put the files relating to the box in a folder within the COLONY directory, something like 'box_yellow'

- Change the model path in the .cfg file to match

- Duplicate the folder & change the name, e.g. 'box_red'

- Change the model path in the .cfg to match

- Change the part name so that they don't conflict

- Change the colour of the duplicate texture (I think there is a .mu importer utility for blender that would allow you to do this but you'd need to export the edited texture as a .mbm from Unity)

Now it should load up as a separate part. I'd encourage you to try it! It's always most satisfying when you do something like that yourself!

I think that's possible but haven't checked it out.

Here's how I think you'd do it:

- Put the files relating to the box in a folder within the COLONY directory, something like 'box_yellow'

- Change the model path in the .cfg file to match

- Duplicate the folder & change the name, e.g. 'box_red'

- Change the model path in the .cfg to match

- Change the part name so that they don't conflict

- Change the colour of the duplicate texture (I think there is a .mu importer utility for blender that would allow you to do this but you'd need to export the edited texture as a .mbm from Unity)

Now it should load up as a separate part. I'd encourage you to try it! It's always most satisfying when you do something like that yourself!

Alright, I'll try it tomorrow!

Are there any more chances of new colony parts? Also, I think that you should increase the Large KAS container's storage space up to 500. 300 is too small for real colony operations.

With 1.0 coming, I'm launching the CSV-02 Athena. Crew: A whole lotta girbles

I'll increase the size yeah.

As to other colony parts, I was thinking about making some KAS-deployable science instruments. Not sure about that though and would probably wait until I moved over to KIS to make sure they work properly and don't fall through the ground!

Next step will be IVAs for everything. I feel like they're important to add some polish. And maybe some more texture work, and fixing a bug on a couple of the endurance modules which prevent you clicking on the hatches.

I'll increase the size yeah.

As to other colony parts, I was thinking about making some KAS-deployable science instruments. Not sure about that though and would probably wait until I moved over to KIS to make sure they work properly and don't fall through the ground!

Next step will be IVAs for everything. I feel like they're important to add some polish. And maybe some more texture work, and fixing a bug on a couple of the endurance modules which prevent you clicking on the hatches.

Alright!

You rock man.

I'm all about the colonies.

Also, I'm starting a fan work that uses these ships. You'll recognize a lot once the photos come out.

The link in case you want to follow it (the story is developing now).

Laythien.

Hey, it might just be me but the parts you have made are indestructible, I have flowed into every KSC building and there and not been a scratch on any of comand pods, it seems the engines and everything else breaks but the pods. I would lie, you to fix this, I find it a bit cheats because I have seen some people just abusing your parts indestrubiltdy, peope, are landing on eve with put stopping they are just nose diving to the ground and surviving and then using the op engines to excape using miminal fuel

I love this mod! (It's in top 3 of my favourite ksp mods). It would be nice if you can make other textures for the ground base units like Habitat and others buildings. ;-) But boxes and Flag are realle cool, LOVE them

Hey, it might just be me but the parts you have made are indestructible, I have flowed into every KSC building and there and not been a scratch on any of comand pods, it seems the engines and everything else breaks but the pods. I would lie, you to fix this, I find it a bit cheats because I have seen some people just abusing your parts indestrubiltdy, peope, are landing on eve with put stopping they are just nose diving to the ground and surviving and then using the op engines to excape using miminal fuel

I think that the craft need to have that for as you said, survival reasons.

A crew should be able to be rescued.

Also, cool to see you like my Laythe Landing image!

Not all mods have Stock balance

zfFft3U.png

Ranger-2 leaving my fully assembled Laythe colony. I abandoned the two (crashed) Landers on the surface. Ranger-1 had a problem. All crew are coming home soon.

hXA0n8M.png

The crew see the CSV Paulina once again, with Jool in the photo. Also, that lake near the bottom is where the colony is.

Also, any work on the Lazarus pods?

DMSP.

http://i.imgur.com/zfFft3U.png

Ranger-2 leaving my fully assembled Laythe colony. I abandoned the two (crashed) Landers on the surface. Ranger-1 had a problem. All crew are coming home soon.

http://i.imgur.com/hXA0n8M.png

The crew see the CSV Paulina once again, with Jool in the photo. Also, that lake near the bottom is where the colony is.

Also, any work on the Lazarus pods?

DMSP.

Nice base!

xxhansonmaxx made a Lazarus pod a while back I believe,

It's so quiet here...

I made a Ranger docking port adapter so the Ranger fits your normal space stations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3ui4cr6cie6ytv/copythistoGAMEDATA.zip?dl=0

http://i.imgur.com/oBiF77B.jpg

Nice one! Might have to include one of those in the core mod.

I've been quiet lately cos of IRL stuff. Exams coming up and all. I won't be upgrading to 1.0 for a while because of that, hope you understand.

Since 1.0 will likely require a complete revamp anyway I thought I'd have a go at revamping the Ranger a little, similar to what Shryq was doing earlier. He has all the Unity files, and since he hasn't been inactive for a while I've reshaped the model a lot and redone the UVs so I can texture it properly, also added quite a bit of detail:

VGFO1jX.png

I want to try to integrate as much into one part as possible. So RCS, wing, docking port and VTOL engine will all be built in to the body. I'm not sure if it's possible to have multiple engines on one part but if possible I'll do that. Either way, I've remodeled the engines to be symmetrical so there would only be one engine part instead of two. Landing gear I'm not sure about since I've never made them before. To get them built in might require removing the suspension from them, similar to how the legs on the deployable science lab work. Texturing is still WIP, need more dirt and scratches and the rear RCS, plus the window in the docking port needs colouring. That docking port will also have a stand-alone 1.25m version.

Also, huge thanks to everyone as we recently hit over 10,000 total downloads! That's amazing!

Nice base!

xxhansonmaxx made a Lazarus pod a while back I believe,

Nice one! Might have to include one of those in the core mod.

I've been quiet lately cos of IRL stuff. Exams coming up and all. I won't be upgrading to 1.0 for a while because of that, hope you understand.

Since 1.0 will likely require a complete revamp anyway I thought I'd have a go at revamping the Ranger a little, similar to what Shryq was doing earlier. He has all the Unity files, and since he hasn't been inactive for a while I've reshaped the model a lot and redone the UVs so I can texture it properly, also added quite a bit of detail:

http://i.imgur.com/VGFO1jX.png

I want to try to integrate as much into one part as possible. So RCS, wing, docking port and VTOL engine will all be built in to the body. I'm not sure if it's possible to have multiple engines on one part but if possible I'll do that. Either way, I've remodeled the engines to be symmetrical so there would only be one engine part instead of two. Landing gear I'm not sure about since I've never made them before. To get them built in might require removing the suspension from them, similar to how the legs on the deployable science lab work. Texturing is still WIP, need more dirt and scratches and the rear RCS, plus the window in the docking port needs colouring. That docking port will also have a stand-alone 1.25m version.

Also, huge thanks to everyone as we recently hit over 10,000 total downloads! That's amazing!

I think the new ranger design looks AMAZING!

http://i.imgur.com/VGFO1jX.png

Ooh, that looks good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.