[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Try using the integrated docking port on the Ranger. Try turning SAS off when you're like half a meter away to let the docking ports pull you in. MechJeb is a bit buggy with the ranger since the docking port is integrated and at a 28 degree angle.

Docking with the ranger is really tricky at first but not impossible. Probably why Dr. Mann had so much trouble with it.

Edited by -ctn-

Hi all, It is possible to use ranger & endurance in a career mode? Once I open the ship it says that engines are locked, and I have all my tree thech open :(

I tested on different instalations, with no mods... I would like to know what I'm doing bad, please.

It's a fantastic mod!

Hi all, It is possible to use ranger & endurance in a career mode? Once I open the ship it says that engines are locked, and I have all my tree thech open :(

I tested on different instalations, with no mods... I would like to know what I'm doing bad, please.

It's a fantastic mod!

There's a typo in the engine config file, theres a way to solve it a few posts back I remember

I can almost assemble the endurance as one set in the hangar, the merge feature helps with the Ranger, but the Lander can't be integrated using the merge feature because it can't attach to the docking ports, even with its docking ports. Can the Lander get built in docking ports soon? Also are there any suggestions about what to do in the meantime?

I can almost assemble the endurance as one set in the hangar, the merge feature helps with the Ranger, but the Lander can't be integrated using the merge feature because it can't attach to the docking ports, even with its docking ports. Can the Lander get built in docking ports soon? Also are there any suggestions about what to do in the meantime?

Open Lander in VAB/SPH, change root node to the docking port, save as assembly, go back to endurance...

Open Lander in VAB/SPH, change root node to the docking port, save as assembly, go back to endurance...

Benjee: is it possible for one ship to have all engines integrated ? I mean like the lander havin both the lift engines aswell as the main engines integrated in the body ?

If not then how about integrating the lander's lift engines and having separate main engines as was done with the Ranger (partcount wise better)

I feel like the Endurance's engines should be more efficient, given that they're supposed to transport four huge spacecraft and other things. After docking the two Rangers and Landers to the ring, the total Delta-v came to something like 4,000m/s. I tweaked the config for the engine and doubled the vacuum ISP, but left the thrust alone. Does anybody else thing that the ring should be more efficient? BTW, I'm not criticizing this mod, in fact I applaud 'benjee10' and whoever else worked on this mod - it's a masterpiece.

@vistaero

It consumes no oxidizer, but something needs to produce the extreme amount of electrical power. I'd say it would be an internal APU that does consume fuel(probably is a very efficient engine) and some of the intake air to create proper combustion.

It could be a nuclear reactor. The problem of using fuel is, how can it fit on the Ranger? even the X-33, which had (not electrical) aerospikes engines, was too big because of the fuel. No need of fuel in the atmosphere explains its small size.

Just found a bug.

The inflatable habitat apparently does not have KIS compatibility yet and any Kerbal going into that module loses all his/her inventory. I already lost three electric drills this way, keep wondering where the hell had I put my drills on.

Running latest version of KSP, Endurance(this mod) and KIS.

Yeah. In the current state, just ditching Endurance and going with a sole Lander can get you further in the Kerbol System.

Its not like any of the engines/crafts in the mod isn't OP enough, but still. I'm thinking of retrofitting an Alcubierre Drive on the Endurance, to 'balance' stuffs.

Just found a bug.

The inflatable habitat apparently does not have KIS compatibility yet and any Kerbal going into that module loses all his/her inventory. I already lost three electric drills this way, keep wondering where the hell had I put my drills on.

Running latest version of KSP, Endurance(this mod) and KIS.

It doesnt disappear if you unequip it - i believe that's a general KIS bug

Benjee: is it possible for one ship to have all engines integrated ? I mean like the lander havin both the lift engines aswell as the main engines integrated in the body ?

If not then how about integrating the lander's lift engines and having separate main engines as was done with the Ranger (partcount wise better)

I don't think it's possible to have more than one Engine module on one part or it won't stage properly, and integrating the lander VTOL engines would prevent using throttle controlled avionics with it and also only save 4 parts for the entire Endurance, since the rear engines are not symetrical and would have to be in two parts.

I feel like the Endurance's engines should be more efficient, given that they're supposed to transport four huge spacecraft and other things. After docking the two Rangers and Landers to the ring, the total Delta-v came to something like 4,000m/s. I tweaked the config for the engine and doubled the vacuum ISP, but left the thrust alone. Does anybody else thing that the ring should be more efficient? BTW, I'm not criticizing this mod, in fact I applaud 'benjee10' and whoever else worked on this mod - it's a masterpiece.

Delta-v should be above 16,000m/s with a fully fueled Endurance! I may reduce the Lander efficiency a little since it is OP for 1.0.2 aero though.

Benjee10 will you fix the Lander IVA placement?

Lander IVA placement cannot be fixed because the IVA and external are not to exactly the same scale, so anywhere you offset it parts of the outside show through.

there is a mod called extraplanetary launchpads (EL) that does exactly that, it's also integrated nicely with USI kolonization.

I will take a look!

Is it possible to add nodes to the Lander and Viper to make them into subassemblies? I have tried my hand at it, and cannot figure out how to get the nodes to move.

Viper cannot be made into a subassembly, for the lander use the root tool and select the bottom docking port

- - - Updated - - -

Lander IVA placement cannot be fixed because the IVA and external are not to exactly the same scale, so anywhere you offset it parts of the outside show through.

Can't you scale the iva model in unity?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.