[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Just tried landing a new base on eve. was using the lander to deliver a pod, and the nose dove at about 10k meters, it crashed killing jeb, he survived dozens of other missions. What the heck happened.

I usually re-enter upside down, then flip around when I'm about to use the engines.

Just a quick question. How do you take a module from the ring down to a planet?

You can't take one of the actual ring modules, but there are spaces in the large modules to store smaller modules with their own docking ports that can be brought down by the lander.

Is any else having a problem with the engines that are part of the Ranger, Mini Ranger and Lander activating as soon as you load the vehicle? It's getting a bit annoying to have to spam x to stop it from flying down the runway after it loads.

Lately I can't launch the ranger it keeps saying that a part is missing; the 2x xp-f40 'cooper" aerospike. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried to find that in mods to see if I am missing something but no luck.

Lately I can't launch the ranger it keeps saying that a part is missing; the 2x xp-f40 'cooper" aerospike. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried to find that in mods to see if I am missing something but no luck.

I had this problem as well, there's a spelling mistake in the rangerengine.cfg, it says

TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamic

when it should say

TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamics

(notice the missing s at the end)

So if you change that the part should now appear.

I had this problem as well, there's a spelling mistake in the rangerengine.cfg, it says
TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamic

when it should say

TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamics

(notice the missing s at the end)

So if you change that the part should now appear.

Thank you that was exactly the problem. I now recall reading that in the thread a long time ago. I was tearing my hair out!

Yes, sorry, that bug will be fixed next version! Not much time on my hands with exams at the moment but I've been working through fixing minor bugs. Probably the next update will come out after 1.0.3.

Feature list for next update (which I'll be calling 1.0 - no more content added after this with the exception of bug fixes and compatibility):

- Bug fixes (including ranger engine issue)

- Part balancing (including career mode)

- Heat balancing for whatever 1.0.3 throws at us

- IVAs for all parts (deplorable lab is near done)

- Life support support

- Custom docking ports

- Endurance engine texture work - it's pretty much plain white at the moment, should be darker and have ridges and details

- Lazarus pod

- Adapters for 3.75m and 5.0m ranger launches

Likely the Unity 5 update will break some stuff too. The things about Colliders worry me - lots of the parts rely on non-convex collision meshes for part-part collisions due to the complexity of the parts. If it means what I think it means I'll either have to redo all the colliders or some parts will be gliding through others...

Yes, sorry, that bug will be fixed next version! Not much time on my hands with exams at the moment but I've been working through fixing minor bugs. Probably the next update will come out after 1.0.3.

Feature list for next update (which I'll be calling 1.0 - no more content added after this with the exception of bug fixes and compatibility):

- Bug fixes (including ranger engine issue)

- Part balancing (including career mode)

- Heat balancing for whatever 1.0.3 throws at us

- Life support support

- Custom docking ports

- Endurance engine texture work - it's pretty much plain white at the moment, should be darker and have ridges and details

- Lazarus pod

- Adapters for 3.75m and 5.0m ranger launches

Likely the Unity 5 update will break some stuff too. The things about Colliders worry me - lots of the parts rely on non-convex collision meshes for part-part collisions due to the complexity of the parts. If it means what I think it means I'll either have to redo all the colliders or some parts will be gliding through others...

This update sounds awesome!

Those darn labs...

How do I get Kerbals out of the Endurance? I keep getting a pop up saying "can't EVA hatch obstructed" I have noticed that I can clip the camera into it then decouple the docking port connecting the habitation moduals to the Endurance. But I would like to get them out without detatching parts all over the place.

How do I get Kerbals out of the Endurance? I keep getting a pop up saying "can't EVA hatch obstructed" I have noticed that I can clip the camera into it then decouple the docking port connecting the habitation moduals to the Endurance. But I would like to get them out without detatching parts all over the place.

Did you launch them inside the Hab Module....? You're supposed to select them to go in the command modules in the crew section of the VAB

hmmm the game stops loading when it tries to load the endurance. could this be an issue with the new K.I.S. version? if not then i'll try to figure out whats going on.

also rasterprop monitors don't work.is the endurance mod updated along KIS and RPM? when I installed older versioins of kis and rpm the mod was fine.

so the mod should be updated...I think. don't know much about it. but the newer versions of RPM and KIS wont work until endurance is updated.

Edited by techstepman

I'm woring on a cfg that will make this mod fit to RSS

but for a rookie like me,bugs and bugs and bugs are driving me crazy Orz.

This cfg also do some "balance" to this mod,and add life support resource to every pod---God Im almost done it and u tell me u gonna update and this update will include all the works I have done?!Am I suppose to laugh or cry?

Anyway,thx for make such a wonderful mod,and good luck to your exam(Am I getting it right? you gonna have an exam right?).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.