[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Request to whomever... I love the Viper. She's overpowered but still .... as all get out. Is there any plan in place to fit her up with landing gear and/or a good spot for a docking port? I can put a docking port on top, so that's not too much trouble, but some gear would be nice just do I don't have to belly land wherever I wind up.

Still, very nice machine and a nice mod on the whole.

I love this bloody mod. It's part my "essentials" list. There are some problems, however, that I could really use some help with. All the parts show up in sandbox, which is fine. But in career, I get the lander, ranger, and the Endurance ring & modules. The first time, I was missing the lander & Endurance engines. I re-installed, now I've got the Lander's engines, but am missing the Ranger & Endurance's engines. What do I do???

I love this bloody mod. It's part my "essentials" list. There are some problems, however, that I could really use some help with. All the parts show up in sandbox, which is fine. But in career, I get the lander, ranger, and the Endurance ring & modules. The first time, I was missing the lander & Endurance engines. I re-installed, now I've got the Lander's engines, but am missing the Ranger & Endurance's engines. What do I do???

May be it's related to this:

There is a typo in the .cfg file for the ranger engine. It should be:

Code:

TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamics

but says:

Code:

TechRequired = experimentalAerodynamic

(From Jasseji's post #1218:)

• 2 weeks later...

Its a shame this mod hasn't been updated to 1.04 yet, and 1.1 coming nearer. I'm very excited to see the IVAs, But if just the docking thing could be fixed and the compatibility updated to 1.0.4.... i know i would be a happy puppy.

Hey there!

First of all, AMAZING Mod :) I love everything about it, and I think you did a great job with the models and everything.

Only thing I found was a "bug" (I don't really know whether or not to call it a bug) with the ranger engines. They weren't showing up for me in the science tree, weren't available in the VAB or SPH, and weren't "unlocked" even though I had all tech nodes researched (made it so that I was unable to launch the premade ranger). Not sure if this was just a problem on my end, but after MANY hours of trying to figure it out I realized that it was literally just because of a typo in the config for that part. The required tech was listed as "experimentalAerodynamic" which doesn't exist, instead of "experimentalAerodynamics" like the other parts (lander parts, etc.).

Not sure if you were aware of this, so I figured I'd let ya know. In the debug it spams messages like "No tech node found called 'experimentalAerodynamic'" and "no tech node found called 'experimentalRocketry'"

If this was intentional, then I completely apologize, and take back everything I said :P

But yeah, otherwise this mod is beautiful and I cant' commend you enough on the awesome work - Keep it up!

Edit to my last post (don't know why the forum won't let me edit... I'll try to fix that in a bit.

The same problem occurs with the Endurance parts (specifically the engine cluster) - There is no such tech node called "experimentalRocketry"

Again, not sure if this was intentional, but I changed it to "heavierRocketry" just to test it, and that made it available for the "Heavier Rocketry" tech node. I know this is probably not the node you wanted it in, but I just wanted to provide that info for your purposes.

Thanks again for the awesome mod :)

Issues I've found with this mod:

I don't feel the aerodynamics of the parts are being calculated correctly if at all, the Ranger can make hairpin turns without stalling or losing control, it doesn't feel like it's fighting against the air at all. Is this mod intended to be used with FAR or is it stock compatible in the case that it's not intended for use with FAR?

The Engines' Textures for the Endurance are all 100% White.

Hey guys! The mod looks great! :D I was just planning on checking how it was going... but then:

Request to whomever... I love the Viper. She's overpowered but still .... as all get out. Is there any plan in place to fit her up with landing gear and/or a good spot for a docking port? I can put a docking port on top, so that's not too much trouble, but some gear would be nice just do I don't have to belly land wherever I wind up.

Still, very nice machine and a nice mod on the whole.

I wouldn't mind picking back up a small part of this mod :) I've been working on other projects in unity a lot, I've got a pretty solid understanding of the class/component relationships. Could probably even make a .dll if necessary.

For anyone that doesn't know me: I built the range initialy(sans IVA).

Edited by Shryq

For anyone that doesn't know me: I built the range initialy(sans IVA).

Any chance you could take a look at Ranger's RCS issues? Between inability to complete orbital maneuvers and impossibility of docking with anything Ranger collects far more dust than it should.

As for Viper's gears... for now, resized gears from KAX mod work good enough. Just need to be mindful of CoM, as misplaced gears render Viper uncontrollable.

I haven't even checked the thread in nearly 8 months, much less the parts. Someone fill me in; is the RCS on the range still unusably imbalanced? I remember figuring out a fix for it, but IDK if that made it into the release before I went on hiatus.

I'll send benjee a message and see what I can do.

This mod is essentially dead. Benjee and xxHan have moved onto other mods and stuff. There hasn't been support for this thread in nearly 3 months.

xxHan replied about 40 days ago that benjee was working on the interiors? Even if this is true, I wouldn't mind dicking around with some things, especially the Viper. Maybe polish some things?

I don't mean to sound rude but seriously, if I have to use the prebuilt craft to get around an issue in the mod, then it doesn't work fine. But given that there's no current support on the mod, that's sort of a moot point anyways. So I suppose you're right and I'll just use the prebuilt ones.

Finally gotten around to updating this for 1.0.4! Still probably some issues but most things should work now. Also not had time to rebuild all the craft files for now, so this is sort of a beta release!

Also lots of the work I had done previously was on a laptop which I don't currently have with me, which meant I had to cover a lot of ground I'd already done (such as implementing the new docking ports and lab IVA)

Enjoy & let me know any bugs you find!

DOWNLOAD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.