[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

It doesn't work with FAR/NEAR yet. And most center of gravity is near the rear. I moded mine to bring back the weight to the front and it worked okay.

On the other hand the lander work great. so great that you don't need the ranger at all.

And just how did you do that?

I've also noticed that the center of lift on the Ranger is way near the back while the center of lift on the Lander is near the front. Perhaps it has something to do with that?

And just how did you do that?

I've also noticed that the center of lift on the Ranger is way near the back while the center of lift on the Lander is near the front. Perhaps it has something to do with that?

Humm, I don't have the config anymore... I just use the Lander for now ( too much mod...).

Its kinda simple. As far as I know ,there is no way to change the center of mass in config. (if someone know please tell me!). So what I did is simple, I played with the weight of individual part until I had a "decent" center of weight. Anyway I think the ranger is not heavy enough, so I raised its foward RCS weight. Note that the fuel is stored in the main body, so as the ranger burn its fuel the center of mass will slowly move foward... Not a big deal but the lift engine will never realy be under the center of weight. I think droped the ball at that point. But I know of too fix that part too, I did something similar to allow the lander to fly with heavy stuff under it. I created a mini lift engine (a moded vernier from B9 ) that I put under the nose. Then you just have to use Trottle controled avionics to balance it.

I downloaded the updated version.

Went to Jool.

I played out Interstellar.

Tylo was bust, headed to Vall.

Swung around Jool, loosing fuel.

Ranger Landed, Thumbs Up!

Lander brought down wrong module.

Pilot somehow hovers over and grabs the module, returns to Orbit.

Prepares to dock...

*Time to sleep!*

I quicksaved there. I think I can save the colony module, but it will take a lot of determination. I need to do it for the 10 Kerbals in that module.

Also, are you going to make a Cyrogenic module? On the flight to Jool I swung around Eve and Duna so the crew must have been very bored. It would allow for more building capabilitys (I could ditch the two extra Habitation modules and replace one with a Cyro module so I could have more fuel for exploring).

Also, the plan is to dock the habitat to the free port on the Colony Set-up Vehicle (CSV) Paulina and dock the Lander to the underside docking port featured exclusively in the "No Time for Caution" scene. I will then take down the Science Unit to the surface of Vall. Then, I'll take down a KAS module. The crew will stay there for a few weeks, exploring the surrounding area, taking photos, observing the sky, and doing Science! experiments. The Ranger will go up first, with just one crew member. He will dock the Ranger. The Lander will pack up the KAS equipment. Then they will take off, leaving Vall Base behind. Then I'll pretend that there was a malfunction on the CSV and start spinning it really fast. I'll pretend the Ranger pilot went unconscious. The crew will try to dock to the CSV. They will then leave Vall, and sling around Jool to Laythe. Sidrie will play Cooper and ditch himself and the Ranger into Jool's Atmosphere. I will Hyperedit him back home before he hits the "Surface". He'll see his family again before leaving on a Viper. Meanwhile, the Base will be set up, and the Kerbals will start a new home.

I'll also send the Endurance back with the Original crew once Sidrie gets to Laythe. There will also be 4 Kerbals from the Colony coming along to Kerbin.

DMSP scheming here.

I first must say that I love this mod. It is unique, fun, and very functional in alot ways beyond just being a replica in game. Like it can totally be used to for resupplying moon bases, space stations, a whole lot of potential besides just being a great replica. That being said can one of your next updates include deliver atleast for the ranger in space? I mean early of development days I asked if you were going to make attachments for existing infrastructure ie SLS or FASA Saturns. Kinda like this

obviously this a real model. However I thought it was cool that a model company made the ranger and though hey instead of making our own we should just make an attachment that goes with another popular model. Watching that made me think of KSP and this mod.

EDIT: I am very aware this could be done with some proc part/proc fairings. I just thought it would be cool to have like it actually was in the movie. I mean so much detail has gone into this mod so far it would be nice to have that option.

Edited by sp1989

Dude, you are awesome for making this mod, thanks. but just one thing, why does the landerlift engines have no sound/visual effects? or is it just me... btw, you should really expand this mod. and the habitationmodule better texture, if you could do that, thanks.

I just found a glitch, might be just for Tylo:

I planted my Large KAS Flag, left in a Ranger, switched back there (after going out of physics range) to time warp so I could dock faster, and the Flag sunk into the ground. Only the Flag itself is visible, and it seems to be "hanging". What caused this?

DMSP

I just found a glitch, might be just for Tylo:

I planted my Large KAS Flag, left in a Ranger, switched back there (after going out of physics range) to time warp so I could dock faster, and the Flag sunk into the ground. Only the Flag itself is visible, and it seems to be "hanging". What caused this?

DMSP

Are you using any texture pack packs?

I just switched back to the Ranger and clicked the "Target" on the Navball.

Hell Kraken struck!

Are the two incidents related?

DMSP, slightly confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you using any texture pack packs?

No. I do have Raster.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I started the game again, went to the Ranger.

Hell Kraken feasted again. This is caused by something.

Trying one last time.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell Kraken Struck again, this has something to do with setting targets in the Ranger.

Actually, It's the Ranger.

I undocked Ranger One from the Endurance and the Hell Kraken struck. No targets were set. I replicated this twice.

Does anyone know what is happening? I really want to continue using this so it would be cool if I knew what was wrong.

Thanks guys, DMSP

- - - Updated - - -

image.php?u=108306&type=sigpic&dateline=1405472808

I'm panicking! Help!

Gargantua is getting big in the window!

I need a plan fast!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so what is happening now is on descent to Vall in a Ranger, at a random moment, the Hell Kraken strikes. I can post photos, a video, my save and more details.

Someone help though please...

Does anybody have CFGs for the Ranger or this whole mod for use with NEAR? If I try to take off in the Ranger it will go fine for a bit and then go into unstoppable backflips.

I am also getting that with a stock install.

Great job on the project guys by the way !

Hi everyone, I figured out my problem.

It is caused by the Large EVA flag.

I had one on the back of the Ranger and it kept crashing the game (and summoning the Hell Kraken).

I got rid of it VIA EVA during Vall descent and I had no problems.

I found a great area for exploring, landed the Ranger, brought down the Science! Lab (with the Lander, of course) and got the Lander to LVO (Low Vall Orbit).

I did a "No Time for Caution" scene and played the music as well. That was so much fun! I docked with the CSV successfully.

Right now, I just finished sorting out KAS for the Vall trip (I have 3 boxes instead of 2 because I replaced one Habitation Assessment Unit with a Storage Container).

The crew is good for final Vall descent. They will stay there for a few weeks and make Exploration trips (#1 is done).

Ok I discovered a bug:

When you time-warp and a large KAS flag is within Physics Range, the flag will fall into the ground, but only the Flag itself will be above. It is "Hanging" by this.

Any ideas how to fix this?

(Also, sorry for the random posts above, I was really worried I would have to delete the mod).

I've noticed that to. However if you place the large extending flag on a KAS Ground Pylon first everything is OK. Also I've noticed if you leave an unpressurized container on the ground then time work, it will explode.

Weird. I also discovered if you have the Large Flag attached to a craft, the Hell Kraken will strike. I have replicated this 13 times now.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, 14 times now.

Started working on a Fan-Work based on my mission to Jool using this mod. It is based a lot on Interstellar and this mod plays a huge role in this. I really love this mod.

Also, in 1.0, my first mission will be to send out a second ship to Jool (CSV Paulina class) piloted by Girlbles.

It will resupply the KAS stuff, bring new KIS equipment, replace the Ranger that "malfunctioned" and the Lander I damaged.

I'm resting the whole rest of the mission on Lander-2, and I still have quite a few modules in orbit.

I'll bring the KAS ones first and then the Habitation assessment ones because KAS is way more important at the base (this is because if I crash the lander and I forgot to quick-save then that ends the mission. I have my last Science! Lab on the surface, both habitats, all crew (including the 10 "baby" Kerbals), the surviving Lander and Ranger, and a heck load of flags.

Guys, I just wanted to say I'm making the Gargantua system to be used with this mod (you don't have to use this mod)! If you want to check it out here is the link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/115848-Gargantua-System-%28Lead-by-the-remarkable-Dr-Kaboom%21%29. Sorry if this is spam.

Definitly not spam!

I can't wait until the planets and Gargantua come out! More exploring and Colonizing to do!

Definitly not spam!

I can't wait until the planets and Gargantua come out! More exploring and Colonizing to do!

It should take a few weeks at most. So maybe when 1.0 gets all the major bugs fixed. I have all 3 planets found on Space Engine. Doing config for black hole and Miller's Planet tonight. Tomorrow after school, Mann and Edmunds. I'll test it extensively and get it out after 1.0 release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.