[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Anyone else having the electrical problem?

having real difficulty getting the lander into orbit in a single stage...

also how are you managing to launch into orbit without the attached docking ports overheat and explode? on the Lander?

Ok think i've narrowed down the problem with loosing electric charge... in the landerbody.cfg

this section

MODULE

{

name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = 100

YawTorque = 100

RollTorque = 100

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 50

}

}

think this is only meant to be 5 instead of 50.... the Ranger's is set to 5 can someone confirm?

Benjee, do you have any recommendations on getting the Endurance ring into orbit without sacrificing a significant amount of the ring's fuel?

- - - Updated - - -

Benjee, do you have any recommendations on getting the Endurance ring into orbit without sacrificing a significant amount of the ring's fuel?

I don't have any problems getting the ranger into orbit but I think it's because it generates electric charge where as the lander doesn't.

The Lander should have a built in generator, I think it is just using it faster than it can generate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Either attach some pretty hefty rocket stacks underneath the Endurance main engines or... HyperEdit :D

Ok think i've narrowed down the problem with loosing electric charge... in the landerbody.cfg

this section

MODULE

{

name = ModuleReactionWheel

PitchTorque = 100

YawTorque = 100

RollTorque = 100

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 50

}

}

think this is only meant to be 5 instead of 50.... the Ranger's is set to 5 can someone confirm?

Yes, I reduced the power consumption on the Ranger because of the new isp changes and guess I forgot to change it on the Lander.

Does anyone have any tips on re-entry with the ranger? after multiple attempts to de-orbit, the landing legs keep seeming to burn up and explode

What version of the mod are you using? In the latest release landing legs are integrated into the Ranger so they can't burn up.

Wow I just stumbled on this thread/forum, and this ship looks FANTASTIC. Amazing work!

Just curious, is it at all possible to use it in 1.0.2, or do I have to wait for KAS to update before attempting to use this?

Thanks so much in advance, this looks great.

Wow I just stumbled on this thread/forum, and this ship looks FANTASTIC. Amazing work!

Just curious, is it at all possible to use it in 1.0.2, or do I have to wait for KAS to update before attempting to use this?

Thanks so much in advance, this looks great.

Thanks!

Yup, works fine in 1.0.2, you just won't be able to use the KAS attachable parts or containers properly.I will be migrating everything over to KIS pretty soon anyway.

is there any way to separate out the integrated docking port? i can't get it to work properly for docking and end up just putting another port over the top of it?

Also has there been any more work done on the Lazarus Module?

thanks

Phers

Edited by Phers

is there any way to separate out the integrated docking port? i can't get it to work properly for docking and end up just putting another port over the top of it?

Also has there been any more work done on the Lazarus Module?

thanks

Phers

I'm working on the Lazarus pod, probably gonna be done in a week or so, got IRL stuff going on

BTW I found miller!

XfJKOKg.png

Edited by xxhansonmaxx

I seem to be missing all the IVA instruments for the Endurance Command Module.

The Ranger and Lander IVA's work fine, levers and screens are all there.

But the command module IVA is missing all the props, stock and RPM props.

I tried re-download and re-paste Endurance folder

deleting everything except for modulemanager2.6.2, Endurance and RasterPropMonitor

I do not have KAS at this moment.

Any idea what's going on?

Looking good. Question is now is how was it deployed in the movie? Was it sent out on an endurance class ship or something else...

Hopefully it will have a docking port on the top so the lander can deploy it?

From what I know so far, it's probably not something like the endurance. Brand said that there are 2 ranger launches for each mission, probably a ship that can carry 3 huge Lazarus pods. I think its a powered descent, the Lazarus is wayyyy to big to fit under the lander...

Thanks!

Yup, works fine in 1.0.2, you just won't be able to use the KAS attachable parts or containers properly.I will be migrating everything over to KIS pretty soon anyway.

That's actually what i wanted to start doing privately ;)

Want the modified files when i'm done testing them ?

Love the Endurance, personally i am planning to retrofit it with an Alcubierre drive from the NASA IXS Enterprise Mod when i am ready to go beyond the solar system :D :D

- - - Updated - - -

I seem to be missing all the IVA instruments for the Endurance Command Module.

The Ranger and Lander IVA's work fine, levers and screens are all there.

But the command module IVA is missing all the props, stock and RPM props.

I tried re-download and re-paste Endurance folder

deleting everything except for modulemanager2.6.2, Endurance and RasterPropMonitor

I do not have KAS at this moment.

Any idea what's going on?

I have the same issue though i didnt try to reinstall RPM yet, maybe that's the cause

no, i meant remove all rpm components, remove Endurance mod, install Endurance again then RPM

on the other hand i have the problem on a fresh ksp install as well so might need to dig deeper in the logfiles or the mod devs find out sooner what's wrong :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.