[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Like building the whole thing using the built-in Endurance ship

(Making the Ranger and Lander as subassemblies)

Save the subassembly from the docking port that it's going to attach with

You can't launch the fully constructed endurance from the ground, it'll lag like crazy, I use hyperedit for that

Save the subassembly from the docking port that it's going to attach with

You can't launch the fully constructed endurance from the ground, it'll lag like crazy, I use hyperedit for that

I tried but the Ranger won't stick on..

I can use MechJeb to dock the Landers

The ranger doesn't work in FAR because FAR is realistic. The ranger has no control surfaces whatsoever. There's no way it could ever fly.

Yes, there is a way: "The spacecraft uses a novel aerodynamic control system that relies on chemical thrusters and electrically powered air jets to provide pitch, yaw, and roll control. This effectively eliminates a slew of moving aircraft parts such as flaps, ailerons, elevators, and rudders, which would otherwise increase drag, weight, and mechanical complexity."

http://interstellarfilm.wikia.com/wiki/Ranger

Sorry if this is a silly question (couldn't find an answer) but is there a way to minimize the amount of options available in the right-click menu on the Ranger in flight? Sometimes the menu extends too far, and I can't move the camera around to see all the options.

On a similar note, is there a way to add a controlNode in the Unity file so that the "Control from Here" option aligns with the docking port to making docking easier?

Sorry if this is a silly question (couldn't find an answer) but is there a way to minimize the amount of options available in the right-click menu on the Ranger in flight? Sometimes the menu extends too far, and I can't move the camera around to see all the options.

On a similar note, is there a way to add a controlNode in the Unity file so that the "Control from Here" option aligns with the docking port to making docking easier?

I don't think this is a silly question at all. In fact, I had both of these issues. What I did was edit the ranger.cfg to remove the docking port (but not the node it sits on) and attached a regular docking port part to that node. It solved both problems--reduced the menu to a managable size and let me control from the now separate docking port.

I may end up cloning the docking port from the Ranger model to create a standalone docking port. Kind of unnecessary work but I really like the way Benjee10's / the Rangers port looks.

Unless he wants to make a version that doesn't have the port on the back and make the docking port a separate piece... -nudge nudge-

I may end up cloning the docking port from the Ranger model to create a standalone docking port. Kind of unnecessary work but I really like the way Benjee10's / the Rangers port looks.

Unless he wants to make a version that doesn't have the port on the back and make the docking port a separate piece... -nudge nudge-

That's the plan yes. There would have been separate versions anyway, I was just hoping to keep it integrated if possible since that allows you to use the docking port to EVA kerbals out.

Ahhh, I gotchya. It's not impossible to dock, but would make it so much easier. Unfortunately no Cooper kerbals will be standing heroically out the back airlock...

I'm glad that's the plan though, good to know!

benjee do u plan on adding remote tech, cryofreeze and tac support? Current built in tac support only lasts for a short amount of time, I can probably add some if u want

btw, the endurance's bottom nodes are flipped

EDIT: Tac works well now, freezing somewhat works still a bit buggy

Edited by xxhansonmaxx

That's the plan yes. There would have been separate versions anyway, I was just hoping to keep it integrated if possible since that allows you to use the docking port to EVA kerbals out.

a second for separate flat docking port - could be used on the Lander as well to eliminate those ugly stock ports (hint - separate mod with 3 sizes of your flat docking ports, i would split them myself but my blender skills are rusted for the moment)

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh, I gotchya. It's not impossible to dock, but would make it so much easier. Unfortunately no Cooper kerbals will be standing heroically out the back airlock...

I'm glad that's the plan though, good to know!

i believe Kooper Kerman would be willing to give up this for nicer ports :P

- - - Updated - - -

Would this work with roverdude's USI Life Support as well (more 'Kerbal'-ish life support theme) ?

benjee, to ease up on your workload, I've separated the docking port part in blender myself and successfully implemented it as new model in KSP - now i am working on tweaking the .cfg and model to make it work properly

Will post the results once done

Edited by Jasseji

So i'm guessing others have encountered this where a whole whack of the endurance parts are under experimental rocketry, which doesn't exist in the tech tree. Is there a fix for this coming? Additionally the reaction wheel in the ring seems to be a huge suck on energy, making it difficult to use.

So i'm guessing others have encountered this where a whole whack of the endurance parts are under experimental rocketry, which doesn't exist in the tech tree. Is there a fix for this coming? Additionally the reaction wheel in the ring seems to be a huge suck on energy, making it difficult to use.

Change the cfg file to some other tech node

Yes and i get that thanks all i'm asking is about the next official release so i dont have to keep distributing files to friends on my server

i've sent my modified files directly to benjee and he included them so maybe do the same ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.