[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

No, I just started playing the game in Sandbox mode. I can't open or view all the craft because they:

***Contain Locked or Invalid Parts***. Example: Craft Endurance was not loaded because it had the

following parts missing, etc..

I just started the game yesterday, so Is that a problem?

No, I just started playing the game in Sandbox mode. I can't open or view all the craft because they:

***Contain Locked or Invalid Parts***. Example: Craft Endurance was not loaded because it had the

following parts missing, etc..

I just started the game yesterday, so Is that a problem?

Yeah I have the same problem....its really pissing me off. maybe the next update will fix it.

That's very odd. The folder structure should be [your KSP install]/GameData/Endurance and then with the Parts and Flags folders within that.

I'm currently away and only have my little laptop with me so can't really check to see what the problem might be since all the files are on my desktop at home.

I need help,

While trying to put the Endurance into orbit, it doesnt want to lift off the ground, I have it on full throttle. With MJ, its telling me the TWR is .48... Anyone else encounter this problem?

You need to slap on lots of fuel tanks and engines, a TWR of .48 cant get u anywhere...

You need to slap on lots of fuel tanks and engines, a TWR of .48 cant get u anywhere...

Yeah Im in the process of that, but its frustrating because I never had this problem before, usually i can just launch the Endurance to orbit without adding rockets and boosters.

That's very odd. The folder structure should be [your KSP install]/GameData/Endurance and then with the Parts and Flags folders within that.

I'm currently away and only have my little laptop with me so can't really check to see what the problem might be since all the files are on my desktop at home.

HEY! I figured it out! wooo!!!! Don't put the endurance mod into gamedata, put the "Endurance" folder contained in the endurance mod in there. Also, move "ships" folder to main page so it merges with the stock ships folder.

Yeah Im in the process of that, but its frustrating because I never had this problem before, usually i can just launch the Endurance to orbit without adding rockets and boosters.

I think the aero changes in 1.03 must have changed the atmospheric efficiency of the engines. I'll look into that when I get back.

HEY! I figured it out! wooo!!!! Don't put the endurance mod into gamedata, put the "Endurance" folder contained in the endurance mod in there. Also, move "ships" folder to main page so it merges with the stock ships folder.

Glad you got it figured out!

This has been covered multiple times...

There is a typo in the config file for the engines. All you have to do is open up the config and add an "s" to "Aerodynamic".

The search bar is your friend.

This has been covered multiple times...

There is a typo in the config file for the engines. All you have to do is open up the config and add an "s" to "Aerodynamic".

The search bar is your friend.

Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience.

I got the first part, but can you be more specific? I figured it would let me open and view the craft if it knew where the parts were.

So I placed all the parts of the ships and the colony in the stock parts folder. And yet I still get this: Crafts were not loaded because they have the following parts missing( etc...) Can you give me a step by step? (Pics if possible)

I got the first part, but can you be more specific? I figured it would let me open and view the craft if it knew where the parts were.

So I placed all the parts of the ships and the colony in the stock parts folder. And yet I still get this: Crafts were not loaded because they have the following parts missing( etc...) Can you give me a step by step? (Pics if possible)

It's important to keep the folder structure the download comes with or parts will end up with missing textures and models and stuff like that. I'm not sure what you mean by put them in the stock parts folder - do you mean the Squad folder? If so, delete whatever you out in there. It'll mess up model definitions and parts won't show up.

I'll walk you through the installation process.

Inside the .zip file you download of the mod should be two folders (if you have unzipped the file first they will be inside a folder called EnduranceMod0.5.5); Endurance and Ships. You want to move the entire Endurance folder into the GameData directory, that way anything in there gets loaded up by the game on startup. You then want to merge the Ships folder with the one already in your KSP install. That'll make the stock craft appear in any save where you have stock craft enabled in the difficulty settings. Hope that helps.

I got it all to work! Just fixed it, and I installed all the necessary mods. It will take time for me to use this well, since I'm a complete beginner.

But I'm definitely looking forward to using this all. Thank you all so much for this mod!

I have a question: SWDennis(on his youtube video for this mod) said that there was a .craft file of the Endurance with the Rangers and Landers already in position. I can't get them to dock right(screw MechJeb), and it would be nice(for consistency reasons) if I could get that .craft file. I don't have enough time atm to search through all 142 pages to find it. Thank you for making this!

So, I try loading up the game and the module manager get stuck at Endurance/Parts/ENDURANCE/enduranceEngine/enduranceEngine every time. It just freezes there and will not load any further. Any ideas?

.... Nevermind, uninstalled/reinstalled the game and it works now.

Edited by MarkViper21

I just have a question feels stupid, but how do I get the ground modules out of the slots in the endurance? :sticktongue:

You have to zoom in until you can see the docking ports, the right click on the docking port and choose undock (I think that's the term used).

Not sure if it is just me or what, but trying to take off with the VTOL engine is near impossible. The ranger wants to pitch down HARD and for the first few seconds I can barely keep it level with full pitch up control then it starts to nose down and crashes. This is with only the VTOL engine on and the mains off, trying to get up and establish a hover.

Not sure if it is just me or what, but trying to take off with the VTOL engine is near impossible. The ranger wants to pitch down HARD and for the first few seconds I can barely keep it level with full pitch up control then it starts to nose down and crashes. This is with only the VTOL engine on and the mains off, trying to get up and establish a hover.

You may need to retract and re extend the gears on the Ranger if it's newly launched.

I recall the Rangers centre of mass is at a weird spot during gear deploy and retract animations and upon first launching it. Not sure if that was ever fixed so give the retract re extend gears a try.

Yeah, that's a big with the stock animation module I think. Not sure it's fixable but will have a look into it. RCS should be able to counteract most of the torque unless 1.0.4 changed something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.