[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

I'll be upgrading soon as the final version comes out. Ever since I thought of playing Kerbal Space Program, I wanted to do an Endurance mission. I'm still on the learning curve, but soon I'll be ready! Only one question, is an IVA for the Inflatable Hab being made? Or will there just be the Science Lab?

Found a few problems. Attempted colonisation of Eve. The lander modules wont dock to the Lander, it gets close enough to capture the magnetics but is about 2m away and still a seperate craft. The Ranger doesnt like re-entry (hot hot boom boom) and while the Lander had no issues (attempt without modules), while on a completly vertical final descent the Lander nosed down even with SAS on, and even trying to pitch up did little, ending up in a more or less conventional landing and a VTOL engine destroyed. Still, any landing you can walk away from...

9T2OIVk.jpg

As you can see, it hasnt docked, and this is the closest it will go

Edited by Cdodders
added pic

Hullo, I have recently downloaded this mod after watching a youtube video about it and I am having some trouble, none of the parts are showing up in the VAB or SPH. Could you help me becuause I would really like to use the craft featured in this mod?

The Endurance Ring part's collision mesh seems to have changed. In 1.0.4 I had a fully functional endurance craft with the landers docked to the inner docking ports, but when I tried to undock the landers under the new 1.0.5 update, the ship exploded. Testing in the VAB confirms.

Edit: I have figured it out, started a new fresh save with minimum mods. I'm sure I made some mistakes porting my save from 4 to 5. Anyhow sorry for the trouble.

Love the mod. Keep up the good work.4

Edited by spoonhaus

[quote name='garri87']Hi! since the last update of KSP i can't pass trought the ring with anything, there's a invisible wall and if i attach something in the inner side, it collides and explodes.[/QUOTE]

1.0.5 has changed the way colliders in KSP work, they all have to be convex now. Most of the Endurance (and the Ranger and Lander) relies on non-convex colliders, so it's gonna be a big job to get it working again. I'm not even going to attempt it until after 1.1, and even then it may be too big a task.

[quote name='Kerbl101']I know this is off-topic, but are you planning to make the [I][B][U]Nostromo[/U][/B][/I] from [B][I][U]Alien[/U][/I][/B]?[/QUOTE]

Nope sorry. It's a bit too sci-fi looking for my liking (I prefer stuff that looks like it could actually have been assembled in orbit, for KSP at least)

Hello people!! This is such an awesome mod. It is unreal the level of detail and the realism achieved!!
However my kerbals can't access the other modules or the docked spacecraft without doing an EVA. I'm using KSP 1.0.4.
And the ranger's VTOL engine thrust is acting way aft of the center of gravity thus it tends to pitch downwards heavily.
And do the IVA's have lights? Because during night it is too dark.
Thank you very much for this mod benjee10, it is fantastic!

This mod is really cool, but there are two problems to me: the first is the collision mesh on lander: as CDodders said, the lander can't dock with anything on the bottom of it's hull: I had two landers docked to an interplanetary spaceship but I had to abort departure because I saw in orbit that once I've detached the landers of the ship, it won't dock. The 2nd problem is that it's weird that the lander hasn't any KIS Inventory;  it's a lander, they can bring some stuff with em'. I fixed that problem editing the CFG file of the lander and the Ranger but I won't post it for respect of the developper. Keep up the good work, Benjee10 :)

Will be doing a complete revamp of this for 1.1 (since it's just about as much work to do that than fix everything that's broken now, and it's a chance to improve the art style on lots of the parts) with the exception of the Ranger which will be staying pretty much unchanged. xxhansonmaxx is working on a revised Ranger IVA which fits the model better, as well as improving the textures:

yVjelrm.pngvXddWG7.png

I've also pretty much finished the new Lander model and started on the Endurance but there isn't really enough to show of them yet. Will change the Endurance main engines from single parts with three nozzles to a single 1.25m nozzle, with three mounting points on each engine pod, so the engines can be used in multiple situations (e.g. 1.25m stacks). 

No ETA yet but it'll be at some point after 1.1 drops.

I'm not sure why this is happening and this is really frustrating me but for some reason I can't load up the stock crafting files for VAB, I see other people on youtube being able to load it up but I can't seem to find any trace of them amongst the stock files in the game itself. I've tried reinstalling the mod multiple times and that has not helped at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Shame 1.0.5 broke this mod... I could not figure out why I couldn't dock the lander due to an invisible barrier, and nobody else seemed to mention it.  I read every single page of this thread, only to see it finally mentioned just a few posts from the end that 1.0.5 changed things. In hindsight, it would've been smarter to start from the back... 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.