[1.1.X/1.2.2] Malah's Stock configs [2017.01.14]

Malah

Malah's Stock configs are configuration for Module Manager to keep a savegame without plugin's parts

You can download all of my mods on SpaceDock, on GitHub or some on KerbalCurseForge.
All my mods can be installed with CKAN and are KSP-AVC compatible.

Released:

* Currently, I work on these configs, an update will be released soon.

Known bugs:

Spoiler

• small errors with @TechRequired = unassigned

If you like these tiny mods

:wink: you can consider a little donation...

btn_donate_LG.gif

StockSCANsat

What is it ?

StockSCANsat is a ModuleManager config file which adds the possibility to use the SCANsat mod without the additional parts.

This config file requires SCANsat v16.X and ModuleManager v2.6.X.

This config file support Asteroid Day mod, the Contract Packs: SCANSat and PartUpgrade mod.

Download:

SpaceDock
Github

More informations:

Spoiler

This is a request from monstah.

Licence information:

Public domain

What is it modify on the Squad Stock Parts?

All the SCAN functions of SCANsat is put on the parts:

• [LO] SCAN Radar Altimetry (unlocked at Tier 4) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 is now at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • [bIO] [ANOM] SCAN Multispectral sensor (unlocked at Tier 6) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 is now at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • [bTDT] SCAN Been There Done That (unlocked at Tier 7) -> Surface Scanning Module (unlocked at Tier 7),
  • [HI] SCAN SAR Altimetry Sensor (unlocked at Tier 8) -> M4435 Narrow-Band Scanner (unlocked at Tier 9 is now at Tier 8 (Advanced Science Tech)).

With the Asteroid Day mod the SCAN functions of SCANsat is put on the parts:

• [LO] SCAN Radar Altimetry (unlocked at Tier 4) -> SENTINEL Infrared Telescope (unlocked at Tier 7 is now at Tier 5 (Space Exploration)),
  • [bIO] [ANOM] SCAN Multispectral sensor (unlocked at Tier 6) -> M700 Survey Scanner (unlocked at Tier 7 is now at Tier 6 (Advanced Exploration)).

All SCANsat parts can't be accessed on the editor. If you don't use them on your savegame, you can delete the parts folder from SCANSat.

You can delete this folder: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/SCANsat/Parts

If you don't want to delete these folders, you can Prune them with AutoPruner.

put StockSCANsat.pnrl into the folder where AutoPruner is.

and in command line: pruner -prune StockSCANsat.prnl

All parts from these plugins can't be accessed on the editor. If you don't use them on your savegame, you can delete the parts folder.

How to install it?

Unzip all files. Put the StockSCANsat folder which in the GameData folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

How to update it?

Unzip all files. Merge the new StockSCANsat folder with the old folder which is in your KSP/GameData folder

How to uninstall it?

You need to delete the StockSCANsat folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

Changelog on GITHUB

Thanks!

• to monstah to have requested this mod,
  • to DMagic and damny for the mod SCANsat,
  • to sarbian for the mod ModuleManager,
  • to nightingale for the mods Contract Configurator,
  • to DBT85 for the mod Contract Pack: SCANSat,
  • to severedsolo for the mod Contract Pack: ScanSat Lite,
  • to Merill for the mod PartUpgrade,
  • to Felger for the script AutoPruner,
  • to all others mods developers which make this game really huge,
  • and to Squad for this awesome game.

Links

StockRT

Hello, I couldn't imagine playing Kerbal Space Program without RemoteTech, but I didn't want too many parts on my savegame. I decided to release a Stock RemoteTech as I thought it might help you too, feel free to do whatever you want with this, it is easy to use and easy to edit.

What is it?

StockRT is a ModuleManager config file which adds the possibility to use the RemoteTech mod without the additional parts.

This config file requires RemoteTech v1.7.X and ModuleManager v2.6.X and support Unmanned before Manned.

Download:

SpaceDock
Github

More informations:

Spoiler

Screenshots

Licence information:

Public domain

Source code:

github

What it changes on RemoteTech?

On Kerbol:

• All the commands pods can communicate to 100 km, and all probes have been tweaked to communicate from 100 to 3000 km (replacement for Reflectron DP-10),
  • Communotron 16 can communicate to 5000 km (like the Communotron 32),
  • Comms DTS-M1 has not been tweaked, can communicate to 50 Mm like normal
  • Communotron 88-88 can communicate to 400 Gm (like the Reflectron GX-128).

On Outer Planets Mod:

• All distances are the same as on Kerbol, exept for the Communotron 88-88 which can communicate to 800 Gm.

On Real Solar System (dish range from Realism Overhaul):

• All the commands pods can communicate to 200 km, and all probes have been tweaked to communicate from 100 to 3000 km,
  • Communotron 16 can communicate to 10 Mm,
  • Comms DTS-M1 can communicate to 400 Mm,
  • Communotron 88-88 can communicate to 25 Tm.

PassiveAntenna Node is unlocked in Survivability.

All RemoteTech parts can't be accessed on the editor. If you don't use them on your savegame, you can delete the parts folder from RemoteTech.

You can delete these folders:

• Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RemoteTech/Parts

put StockRT.pnrl into the folder where AutoPruner is installed.
and in command line: pruner -prune StockRT.prnl
How to install it?
Unzip all files. Put the StockRT folder in your KSP/GameData folder.
How to update it?
Unzip all files. Merge the new StockRT folder with the old folder which is in your KSP/GameData folder
How to uninstall it?
You need to delete the StockRT folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

Changelog on GITHUB

Thanks!

• to the Remote Technologies Group for the mod RemoteTech,
  • to NathanKell for the mod Real Solar System,
  • to NathanKell, RedAV8R and Felger for the mod Realism Overhaul,
  • to RoverDude for the mod Sounding Rockets,
  • to nightingale for the mods Contract Configurator and Contract Pack: RemoteTech,
  • to KaiserSoze for the mod Contract Pack: RemoteTech LITE,
  • to CaptRobau for the mod Outer Planets Mod,
  • to all others mods developers which make this game really huge,

Links:

StockPlugins

What is it ?

StockPlugins is several ModuleManager config files which adds the possibility to use a plugin without the additional parts.

StockPlugins support DeadlyReentry, Graphotron, KerbalEngineer, KerbalGPS, kOS, MechJeb, Protractor, RocketWatch and Telemachus.

You don't need all these plugins for the use of StockPlugins.

If you want that it supports an other mod, you can just make a request here :wink:

This config file requires ModuleManager v2.6.X.

Download:

SpaceDock
Github

More informations:

Spoiler

Screenshots

gxRM8Qo.png

Licence information:

Public domain

All parts from these plugins can't be accessed on the editor. If you don't use them on your savegame, you can delete the parts folder.

You can delete/prune these folders:

• KerbalEngineer: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerbalEngineer/Parts
  • KerbalGPS: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerbalGPS/Parts
  • MechJeb: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/MechJeb2/Parts
  • Protractor: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Protractor/Parts
  • kOS: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/kOS/Parts
  • Graphotron: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Kerbaltek/Graphotron/Parts
  • Telemachus: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/Telemachus/Parts
  • DeadlyReentry if you want to delete the DRE Parts: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/DeadlyReentry/Parts
  • DeadlyReentry if you want to delete the Stock Parts : Squad/Parts/Aero/HeatShield
  • RocketWatch: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RocketWatch/Parts

put StockPlugins.pnrl into the folder where AutoPruner is.

and in command line: pruner -prune StockPlugins.prnl

In stock, KerbalEngineer has in these options the possibility to don't used his part. If you use StockPlugins only for KerbalEngineer, I suggest you to look at KerbalEngineer's options.

By default the DRE's parts are blocked, but there's an optional version which keeps the DRE's parts and blocks the Stock's parts, you just need to merge and overwrite the DeadlyReentry.cfg file which is in the Optional folder.

If you keep the Stock HeatShields, the config file will add decoupler to them.

How to install it?

Unzip all files. Put the StockPlugins folder which in the GameData folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

How to update it?

Unzip all files. Merge the new StockPlugins folder with the old folder which is in your KSP/GameData folder

How to uninstall it?

You need to delete the StockPlugins folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

Changelog on GITHUB

Troubleshooting ?

For KerbalGPS, you need to rename all your satellite of your constellation with GPS in his name.

All functions from the supported plugins will be set on the pods/probes.

Thanks!

• to gkorgood for the mod RocketWatch,
  • to olex, DYJ, khyperia and Kerbaltek for the mod Graphotron,
  • to cybutek for the mod Engineer,
  • to PakledHostage for the mod Figaro Global Navigation Satellite System,
  • to r4m0n, sarbian and all others who contributed to MechJeb,
  • to Addle and mrenigma03 for the mod Protractor,
  • to Rich for the mod Telemachus,
  • to erendrake for the mod kOS,
  • to Starwaster, ialdabaoth, r4m0n and NathanKell for the mod DeadlyReentry,
  • to all other mods developers which make this game really huge,

Links

StockNoContracts

What is it ?

StockNoContracts is a ModuleManager config file which disables all stock contracts types. You can easly edit it to enable the contract type that you want to keep.

This config file require ModuleManager v2.6.X.

Download:

SpaceDock
Github

More informations:

Spoiler

Licence information:

Public domain

How to install it?

Unzip all files. Put the StockNoContracts folder which in the GameData folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

How to update it?

Unzip all files. Merge the new StockNoContracts folder with the old folder which is in your KSP/GameData folder

How to uninstall it?

You need to delete the StockNoContracts folder in your KSP/GameData folder.

Changelog on GITHUB

Thanks!

• to oliezekat to have requested this mod,
  • to all other mods developers which make this game really huge,

Links

Edited by Malah

A couple comments and suggestions:

• The MM cfg by itself will not save memory for anyone. The part loader loads any valid asset it can find in GameData even if that asset isn't used anywhere in game. You need to tell users to delete folders from RemoteTech or overwrite them with blank MBMs.
  • You could preserve the existing ranges and function of standard RemoteTech by cloning and scaling stock parts with ModuleManager.
  • RemoteTech is fairly texture light with the exception of the GX-128 (big folding dish). If you exclude that part, you're really only looking at about 4 MB of textures -- not a lot considering Squad has IVA textures that are > 4 MB.

A couple comments and suggestions:

• The MM cfg by itself will not save memory for anyone. The part loader loads any valid asset it can find in GameData even if that asset isn't used anywhere in game. You need to tell users to delete folders from RemoteTech or overwrite them with blank MBMs.
  • You could preserve the existing ranges and function of standard RemoteTech by cloning and scaling stock parts with ModuleManager.
  • RemoteTech is fairly texture light with the exception of the GX-128 (big folding dish). If you exclude that part, you're really only looking at about 4 MB of textures -- not a lot considering Squad has IVA textures that are > 4 MB.

This is why I say this:

- All RemoteTech parts can't be accessed on the editor. If you don't use them on your savegame, you can delete the parts folder from RemoteTech.
;)

But this is not the only advantage to use this MM config, with this config you can keep a savegame without any new parts. If you want to stop using RemoteTech, you can ;) and you will keep your savegame clean :)

Edited by Malah

Great work!

I cannot live without Remote Tech, but it is always a challenge for longer-range mission that the longer-range dishes are huge and heavy (I'm sure like 1 ton or greater). Having the stock folding antenna be able to do the long-range job is great.

I got 1 Problem already from the start, when i try to send data back to the station from the launchpad it says that i don't have a communication device on my ship and i am using the stock started pod

That's a new career ? You need to unlock Survivability on the techtree to have access to this function (on the default RemoteTech mod you need to unlock Unmanned Tech).

• 1 month later...

Hello, StockRT and StockPlugins have been updated.

StockRT

Changelog

v1.20 - 2014.12.22

- New: Added support of Sounding Rockets,

- Update to 0.90

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

StockPlugins

Changelog

v1.01 - 2014.12.21

- New: Added support of kOS,

- Fix: Blocked the KerbalEngineer parts from the editor,

- Update ModuleManager to 2.5.4,

- Update to 0.90

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

• 1 month later...

I'm having some trouble with this: say I have an empty pod as root, and an Octo2 attached to it. With StockRT installed, it has no command. The signal icon shows green, but I can't control it.

Not sure if it's a bug with RT or the MM implementation.

I'm having some trouble with this: say I have an empty pod as root, and an Octo2 attached to it. With StockRT installed, it has no command. The signal icon shows green, but I can't control it.

Not sure if it's a bug with RT or the MM implementation.

I've never seen a bug like this, you can try one thing, delete StockRT and see if you have again the bug (if yes, I think it doesn't come from StockRT).

Your RemoteTech installation is up to date ? And can you send your logs and the list of all mods that you use (to find them you can read this: How To Get Support).

Edited by Malah

Confirmed, on a fresh install with only RT and Stock RT.

Here's the setup: A probe core as root, an empty pod under it (and a DP-10 when not using Stock RT). It works perfectly on both occasions;

Same setup, but the root is the empty pod: controllable with RT, uncontrollable with Stock RT (even with the DP-10): the light shows green, but clicking on any action gives you the "no connection" message.

Work around: edit the .cfg, add a "#minimumCrew[0]" check when adding moduleSPU. Pods don't have the flight computer anymore, but the RT controllability check passes.

It seems like a bug in the RT code: root has SPU, but can't be controlled due to lack of minimum crew, therefore ship can't be controlled regardless of presence of other perfectly fine SPU parts on the same ship.

- - - Updated - - -

No useful logs to post, given nature of problem: I'm not generating any exceptions or anything, I simply have no control on the ship.

Confirmed, on a fresh install with only RT and Stock RT.

Here's the setup: A probe core as root, an empty pod under it (and a DP-10 when not using Stock RT). It works perfectly on both occasions;

Same setup, but the root is the empty pod: controllable with RT, uncontrollable with Stock RT (even with the DP-10): the light shows green, but clicking on any action gives you the "no connection" message.

Work around: edit the .cfg, add a "#minimumCrew[0]" check when adding moduleSPU. Pods don't have the flight computer anymore, but the RT controllability check passes.

It seems like a bug in the RT code: root has SPU, but can't be controlled due to lack of minimum crew, therefore ship can't be controlled regardless of presence of other perfectly fine SPU parts on the same ship.

- - - Updated - - -

No useful logs to post, given nature of problem: I'm not generating any exceptions or anything, I simply have no control on the ship.

Can you send me your craft and your save game?

I had an issue with an unmanned Mk1-2 pod in LKO over KSC. I decoupled it from my SM for reentry inteface but when I switched to the pod, it said no connection even though I was 80,000 m above the KSC. It was not the root pod on my rocket as I had another probe core on my SM.

Is this a known issue?

I had an issue with an unmanned Mk1-2 pod in LKO over KSC. I decoupled it from my SM for reentry inteface but when I switched to the pod, it said no connection even though I was 80,000 m above the KSC. It was not the root pod on my rocket as I had another probe core on my SM.

Is this a known issue?

I've doesn't seen this issue, I will make some test to see if it comes from a bug of StockRT, thanks to have report it ;)

Edit: A pod can't communicate alone ... it needs a Kerbal or a probe, and on your savegame have you unlocked the Survivability node on the techtree? To the next update, I will delete the "Remote control capable" (SPU) from the commands pods which is useless ;), it will be more clear (but it will preserve the communication of 100 km).

Edited by Malah

I've doesn't seen this issue, I will make some test to see if it comes from a bug of StockRT, thanks to have report it ;)

Edit: A pod can't communicate alone ... it needs a Kerbal or a probe, and on your savegame have you unlocked the Survivability node on the techtree? To the next update, I will delete the "Remote control capable" (SPU) from the commands pods which is useless ;), it will be more clear (but it will preserve the communication of 100 km).

OHHHH! I assumed because it said in the VAB that it was remote control capable.. ok thanks for clearing that up!

• 2 months later...

Hello, I've updated StockRT and StockPlugins ;)

StockRT

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

Changelog

v1.21 - 2015.05.07

• Fix: Delete SPU from all the commands pods, which is useless,
  • Fix: Deleted the support of Sounding Rockets, which is now integrated in RemoteTech,
  • Fix: Tweak the MM syntax,
  • Updated to KSP 1.02

StockPlugins

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

Changelog

v1.02 - 2015.05.07

• New: Added support of Graphotron,
  • Fix: Deleted the support of Engineer v0.6 and Telemachus which aren't up to date,
  • Update ModuleManager to 2.6.3,
  • Update to KSP 1.02

I got a tiny problem with MJ. In my fresh stock install while in carrier mode all MJ options are available from the start. No progression in options as you go up the science tree.

Thanks, I wasn't aware that a new one has been released. I just tried it out. It unlocks but not in the modules it says it does while in the R&D facility. A minor problem which will surely be resolved in the release.

Whenever I have StockPlugins installed, my rockets automatically stage *everything* as soon as the launchpad loads.

I did a lot of testing, and if I remove the Graphotron module manager patch, my rockets no longer stage automatically.

Whenever I have StockPlugins installed, my rockets automatically stage *everything* as soon as the launchpad loads.

I did a lot of testing, and if I remove the Graphotron module manager patch, my rockets no longer stage automatically.

Thanks for the report, I will look at this bug ;)