The Adventures of Ragnar Kerman Part One (of many)

Orion1500

Hope you guys enjoy this one as well. There will be many more to come soon.:cool:

The sound of explosions was heard in the distance. Another failed launch, as it always was. That always happened with a new spacecraft that had only been designed about a day before. The three legends: Jebediah, Bill, and Bob, were already on awesome missions across the solar system. Bill and Bob are on Laythe as the main commanders of the Kethane mining colonies there. Jeb is the pilot of the IceRok GR-5 that is heading to Eeloo, which is still about a year off. We haven’t heard from the craft in a couple days, but we are sure everything is fine. More explosions went off in the distance. I turned my head slightly just in time to see the parachutes of the main capsule deploy. “Thank god for that,†I said, as sometimes, you don’t always see the capsule again. “Ragnar Kerman to the space plane hangar, Ragnar Kerman to the space plane hangar immediately.†said a voice over the intercom. I got up from my seat in the Astronaut Complex and made my way to the transit bus for a short ride to the hangar. My next flight was coming up.

“Hey Ragnar! What’s up my dearest friend?†yelled a voice, my friend Archibald, just as I was getting off the bus.

“Probably got another flight today, I hope it’s on one of ‘em new Raylux N-Class planes!†I yelled back to him. The Raylux commercial company had just signed a contract with the KSC to start launching their planes as a cheaper way for people to get around. The planes were technically still in the testing phase and, if flown correctly, could travel halfway around Kerbin on one full tank of fuel. And that’s if you have the one with the added cargo bay. Their max altitude is around 20 kilometers and had a max speed of about 1.5 kilometers per second. God, they are lovely planes.

“Those are absolutely beautiful things,†he said, agreeing with me,†I hope you get one just the same.â€Â

“Thanks,†I commented back,†maybe you’ll get to fly one sometime.â€Â

“That would be lovely. Now, I have to go, see ya around!â€Â

“ See ya!â€Â

I continued walking to the entrance of the space plane complex, I opened the door, walked in, and now I heard another set of explosions in the distance. “Those damn rocket-heads are going to get themselves all killed one day.†I stated under my breath. There was always a bit of tension between both sets of kerbonauts, the “rocket-heads†and the “green wings". However, whenever a kerbal died in an accident, whether it was a plane or rocket pilot, those tensions seemed to diminish for a while, then would come back. The "rocket-heads" were always the daredevils that looked death straight in the face. The "green wings" were always the more timid ones that honestly wanted nothing to due with space. I was one of the "green wings". I made my way through the main lobby of the spaceplane hangar and went up to the secretary at the desk.

"Name please." He said in a monotonous manner, like he could be somewhere else doing better things.

"Ragnar Kerman, I was just recently called down-" I started to say before I was cut off.

"Thank you, you are to report to the third office down on the right in the hallway to your right." Said the secretary. I nodded and turned in that direction. I proceeded down the hallway, now fulling knowing I wasn't flying a Raylux N-Class at all, but a space plane. I was, sadly, going to space.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.