Kerbal Space Program 2 ...This is the Dream

The Yellow Dart

If I could decide the basis for KSP 2, this is what it would be:

xPuK4tT.jpg?1

I can take credit only for assembling this collection of images.

The KSP logo, Squad logo & text, and upside-down Bob Kerman belong to squad.

The Space Engine logo belongs to Space Engine which, if you haven't tried or heard of it, is an incredible program/game/work of art that procedurally generates the entire universe for you to explore and is currently free to download. It is currently still being developed to be used as a game engine (like KSP2, hint hint) or basis for some other type of program.

The background is a gorgeous Space Engine screenshot made by NUk of Photobucket.

That beautiful ship, the KSV Intrepid, a long duration science vessel, belongs to RussPixie.

It uses parts from Fractal_UK's amazing mod, KSP Interstellar, along with parts from at least one other mod that I don't recognize off hand.

Thanks for looking! :wink:

• 3 months later...
KSP and Space Engine?! My god, I think we've discovered the greatest game in existence! Create massive fleets of intergalactic spacecraft by hand and discover the entire universe! Complete science, advance technology, and colonize habitable worlds! Ha ha! YES!

This is something squad could do, But they dont want to add a infinite universe to ksp.

This is something squad could do, But they dont want to add a infinite universe to ksp.

No, they don't want to add "unrealistic" methods of transportation to KSP, even though warp drives are most likely possible. They have nothing wrong with an infinite universe that is impossible to explore without waiting for thousands of years.

If they just added really high time warp or accepted warp technology, this could happen.

I highly doubt that a 20c warp drive is enough for spaceengine ;)

Yeah, you'd need something more like 500000c to get anywhere quickly.

Though since the Kerbal universe is scaled down by at least 10x, you'd only need a 50000c or so warp drive.

KSP and Space Engine?! My god, I think we've discovered the greatest game in existence! Create massive fleets of intergalactic spacecraft by hand and discover the entire universe! Complete science, advance technology, and colonize habitable worlds! Ha ha! YES!

... + Garry's Mod + Space Engineers + Minecraft?

Forget Unity, we're going straight to 64-bit awesomeness.

Since it's fictional I'd really like to add either UE4 or Cry3 since I highly doubt that the 64bit version of Unity will ever work properly.

Ah...forget those, let's take Octane render and dedicated renderfarms for everyone!

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.