This Will Not End Well (post images of your craft in a precarious situation)

John FX

It was broken before it launched. You can`t dock a docking port to a docking port jnr...

Anyone else got a `This Will Not End Well` image?

EDIT :

No pictures, but slamming into Kerbin's atmosphere sideways because the timewarp caught me out was a Bad Idea. Snapped the capsule section clean off the rest of the ship. In stock aero mind you.

I can see from your profile image that you like the flames, hehe

EDIT 2 : Hooray, 1900 posts!

Made a tiny-sized Minmus lander. It worked and got to Minmus! A parachute would have added too much weight however so I wanted to do a powered landing back on Kerbin. Unfortunately, Jeb was the heaviest part of the remaining ship so this happened on re-entry...

KeLgdco.png

When I was building a Laythe colony back in 0.23, I had some trouble with delivering the modules to surface.

laythe_fail_5.jpeg

It actually ended well after 20-30 reloads. I managed to lower the habitation module on top of the utility tug, launched the loose payload out of atmosphere, completed a quick suborbital docking operation, and circularized the orbit.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Well, it did end well, but that's what I get for trying to scream through the tunnels at KSC. And yes, I did also post this on the day of the event in the "What did you do in KSP today?" thread, but I figure, why not, it fits the theme well enough.

And yes, it was an unmanned flight, but I wanted to save the craft anyway. Too many piloted aircraft exploded much like that and so I've learned how to fly damaged aircraft back to a save landing spot. With a keyboard.

That's perhaps the worst damage I've flown back, but not the most difficult to fly. Flying with a missing jet engine is harder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.