This Will Not End Well (post images of your craft in a precarious situation)

John FX

• 2 weeks later...

Tried out a new shuttle design. Beautiful corkscrew machine.

However, after the SRB burned out, I managed to dump the tank, open the cargo bay, dump the 36t payload, get the orbiter leveled and land it close to the runway with all crew members surviving. What a day!

78DSdB6.png

So I've been fooling around with new lander designs for Tylo, and developed the Nova probe. Tonight was the first shakedown of Nova One. Starting out pretty standard, we'll test the landing gear on the launchpad by slowing lifting up a few meters and letting the ship drop back down on to the gear.

X27Rfg8.jpg

Technically, the Nova survived the landing. The launchpad, however, needs more struts.

riXCugq.jpg

466w3Ke.jpg

Did one of your Kerbals have a heavy lunch and then let rip? Less than 1 second to impact, assuming the atmosphere doesn't kill you first. That's a good one.

What happened was that it was going so fast that everything tore off, including the parachute (FAR's aerodynamic failures accounted for some but not all of this, I swear). The capsule slowed down to around 200 m/s before disintegrating at splashdown.

What happened was that it was going so fast that everything tore off, including the parachute (FAR's aerodynamic failures accounted for some but not all of this, I swear). The capsule slowed down to around 200 m/s before disintegrating at splashdown.

The last time I saw something like that, with that kind of velocity, the Kraken was involved and my ship was hurtling across the solar system after passing/falling right through Kerbin. lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.