[Showcase] Show off your Launch Vehicles!

This was my apollo-like craft, which had a lander inside. I did do the whole landing deal, so it was good. I'm not going for replicas anyways, just doing the challenge my way. Right now, I'm using the main part for station lifting.

r3zugIk.png

Here's the Apollo lander.

KJ0Oz9U.png

CIRA VI

Designer: Zekes

Cost: $3,189,410.00

The largest Zokesian Lifter yet, the Cira-VI has a massive 40 engines in the first stage, and is capable of putting over 800 tonnes of pure cargo into LKO.

Simply stage to fly. I recommend making the launchpad indestructible, or it probably will blow it up on launch.

Download: https://www./?8j35l61x6gy726c

2SpFjn6.png

Here is an edited video of it's launch of 779 tonnes of test fuel to orbit - the 3rd stage still had over 1000 m/s of D/V in it.

Over the last few days I've been trying to flesh out my rocket family. I've made very much SLS-styled heavy lifters for 62 and 82 metric tons.

The 62 mT rocket has no upper stage and uses two LRB's and the KS-25 cluster engine. The 82 mT was tricky to design  not because of the difficulty of fabricating a rocket of that payload capacity, but in the sense of trying to make it look like the SLS Block II while still being realistic in looks and function (To a certain extent, with stock KSP upper stage performance isn't the same as real life as most real rockets burn the second stage until orbit is achieved. This is tricky to do in stock KSP without overshooting the apoapsis and periapsis). Anyway, pictures below! :)

62 mT

AkLjD0L.png?1

82 mT

avSCQ8x.png?1

STNLclU.png?1

Over the last few days I've been trying to flesh out my rocket family. I've made very much SLS-styled heavy lifters for 62 and 82 metric tons.

The 62 mT rocket has no upper stage and uses two LRB's and the KS-25 cluster engine. The 82 mT was tricky to design  not because of the difficulty of fabricating a rocket of that payload capacity, but in the sense of trying to make it look like the SLS Block II while still being realistic in looks and function (To a certain extent, with stock KSP upper stage performance isn't the same as real life as most real rockets burn the second stage until orbit is achieved. This is tricky to do in stock KSP without overshooting the apoapsis and periapsis). Anyway, pictures below! :)

62 mT

http://i.imgur.com/AkLjD0L.png?1

82 mT

http://i.imgur.com/avSCQ8x.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/STNLclU.png?1

Awesome. Do you want me to provide the fairings? I have a plethora of them.

You should rotate the core stage tanks 90° so the piping is more visible. The mainsails could also be rotated 45° to make the plumbing look better. Just minor aesthetic things, but it would make it look nicer.

As for the upper stage flight profile, I have been able to get achieve the single-burn-to-orbit by using a powerful first stage (and sometimes a second stage) the provides about 3800m/s of delta-v. The upper stage with a TWR <1 is then used to push the payload to an orbit that is slightly eccentric. I think that's it's done in real life too.

Edited by Giggleplex777

You know what Giggle? The Antares reminds me a lot of an alternate 20mT booster I built and never put up because the one currently in my "General Lifters" line was cooler-looking IMO (though looking at these pictures, I am reconsidering). I used the same extra tanks, only I put them on top of the SRBs, and mostly to get them to go all the way to the end of the stage to become flush with the structural adaptor. Kinda like the boosters on Soyuz.

86EzLbT.png

fURnb4O.png

Rune. In the end, though, I ended up not using it.

Here is my Delta IV heavy and orion block 1 lifter.

http://www./view/rxdci09xh0v58kn/Orion.craft

20 tonnes to [average eeloo distance from kerbol] orbit (from kerbin), but it has hardly anything to orbit as the first stage has a low twr.

About 900 parts.

No nukes or ions for those of you environmentalists who don't want to have an irradiated or damaged ozone layer planet.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I would show my Soyuz but I am not sure which version to post as I am about ready to release the next version, and it can barely get to mun.

Edited by LABHOUSE
weird how threads seem to end when I post

• 4 weeks later...

My lifter just got bigger!

J3CcFn9.jpg

e9DWYpI.jpg

OskhiAn.jpg

agzYGf0.jpg

dMkDH5J.jpg

I haven't tested this configuration in stock game (obviously more than the 700t lifter), but in x6.4 RSS it delivers a 328t payload to low orbit.

I'll be using it for my next mission, once i figure out what its gonna be :D

weird how threads seem to end when I post
you just have to make everyone feel like a total noob by showing your craft, don't u? :sticktongue:

New Energia M-inspired rocket:

iE7j41x.png

~36t to LKO, similar to the real thing.

I have an entire Russian-style LV family in the works and I can't wait to show it off when I'm done! :)

BTW, I updated the Neptune X to 0.90.0. Check out the new subassembly in the first page!

Edited by Giggleplex777

New Energia M-inspired rocket:

http://i.imgur.com/iE7j41x.png

~36t to LKO, similar to the real thing.

I have an entire Russian-style LV family in the works and I can't wait to show it off when I'm done! :)

BTW, I updated the Neptune X to 0.90.0. Check out the new subassembly in the first page!

Looking great Giggle! I like your launchers.

Thanks! :D

I need some help with coming up with names though. Any suggestions?

Hmmm. For the rocket shown or the pack as a whole?

Some variation of a russian name? Maybe each rocket could have a piece of a space station and be named accordingly.

Hmmm. For the rocket shown or the pack as a whole?

Some variation of a russian name? Maybe each rocket could have a piece of a space station and be named accordingly.

For the rocket family.

My naming scheme usually goes like this:

Upsilon A

Upsilon B

Upsilon M

And so on.

• 3 weeks later...

For when you need to evacuate Kerbin, I present Para-Sci Applied Sciences' newest single-stage heavy lift rocket, the x192, which can carry up to 192 tons into low orbit and then return for a soft landing and recovery (Sample payload in fairing for demo purposes):

1SMmS8o.png?2

I intend to make a thread later today featuring this and the rest of my lifter family.

• 5 weeks later...
For when you need to evacuate Kerbin, I present Para-Sci Applied Sciences' newest single-stage heavy lift rocket, the x192, which can carry up to 192 tons into low orbit and then return for a soft landing and recovery (Sample payload in fairing for demo purposes):

http://i.imgur.com/1SMmS8o.png?2

I intend to make a thread later today featuring this and the rest of my lifter family.

That looks great! :)

Going to cross post my post from the WIP thread:

I haven't been posting much recently but I've still been playing KSP! Here's some stuff I made.

Ariane 5 - I made an old one almost a year ago that wasn't very good. I've updated it with better boosters, new engine, new ATV, interstage, and a better nosecone

F9jYeVi.png?1

C20la4c.png?1

60 metric ton Lifter - Note: full credit to Kurotenshi for the fairings and inspiration for the ullage motors comes from GusTurbo's Saturbo V. I suck at making them so I just stole borrowed his. This one takes inspiration from the Proton rocket in its first stage setup, but lifts much more payload and only uses four engines instead of six

lG0GvRl.png

JrL8B74.png

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.