[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

trying to fix my install I did another fresh ckan install and tweakscale is still installing with a kspapiextendsions that is incompatible.

Interesting indeed! It's possible that the CKAN tweakscale is trying to install a version of APIExtensions for the 0.90 version. I'll look into it when I have time, but in the meantime you can always install an older version manually:

https://github.com/Biotronic/TweakScale/releases

Felger, Fizwalker: Look again, though. The pod on the wing. You can see the I-bar that the gear attaches to through it, as well as the strut fitting on the side of it. It's faintly transparent, which is not supposed to happen. Disregard the frustum clipping on the right side of the image, that's not what this is about.

I completely missed that before! I thought you were referring to the clipping through the main fuselage showing the opposite side of the plane.

I can't say I've ever seen that before, it looks like the texture chosen for that procedural part has its opacity set at 90% or something. Does it do that with other textures, or just that particular texture?

I think I have the same problem as Bender. KSP-AVC shows that "KSPAPIExtensions is not compatible with 0.25" and TweakScale doesn't work

See above, and I'll see if I can resolve it. Hopefully we can update RealismOverhaul to 0.90 sometime soon, I'd love to play with all the new toys!

I completely missed that before! I thought you were referring to the clipping through the main fuselage showing the opposite side of the plane.

I can't say I've ever seen that before, it looks like the texture chosen for that procedural part has its opacity set at 90% or something. Does it do that with other textures, or just that particular texture?

it does seem that way, every time I try to change the textures I get the same effect, vanilla procedural textures and Blackheart's procedural textures.

Release - Realism Overhaul 7.0.4 for KSP 0.90!

Important note:

This release and KSP 0.90 will very likely break old saves. We strongly recommend a clean slate update between this and the last version.

Changelog:

* Added support for:

* OLDD Apollo/Saturn (Thanks jean400!)

* LionHead Aerospace Landers & Probes(Thanks rocketscience!)

* RaiderNick's Soviet Probes (Thanks Rezzy!)

* SpaceFactory Vostok/Voskhod (Thanks hattivat!)

* blackheart612 Procedural Fairing Bases (updated configs)

* Began creating expanding plume configs for engines (Merging RealEffects into RO), FASA mostly complete, several Squad engines configured. Note: requires SmokeScreen to function, update in progress to CKAN install instructions.

* Moved files around into a more sensible file structure, follows the Dependencies / Recommends / Suggests split.

* Various other bugfixes, and updates.

As mod packs update, please let us know if anything is not configured, or if parts are misconfigured. As always, feel free to drop by the IRC channel and help out! (Or get help yourself)

The dependent mods are not marked, have they all been updated?

Nvm Ro is stillf or .25. I just tried a fresh install and it seems KSPAPIextensions is still the wrong version.

All the dependent mods have had their marks removed, as they're compatible now.

Additionally, I should note that until NathanKell posts the official update to RSS, I'd recommend either grabbing the dev version from his github (be warned: Things may not be perfect, at the very least biomes aren't updated, as well as other things) or waiting until he posts the official 0.90 version.

@Felger - Just to confirm, are CKAN-based installs disabled or outdated? RO doesn't appear in CKAN for .90 here.

That's correct, we're working with the CKAN folks on that, seems something's a little bit broken on their end, looks like new builds aren't getting pushed out.

I'll make a post here when we're up and ready to go!

That's correct, we're working with the CKAN folks on that, seems something's a little bit broken on their end, looks like new builds aren't getting pushed out.

I'll make a post here when we're up and ready to go!

rgr standing by for CKAN its there but wont install..

I have a question/bugreport? for the modpack, did you tweak the size of the stockparts? because the 1m command pod looks like it can fit two kerbals, and the regular 1m fueltanks and engines are alot bigger than the command pod. Its been happening with a bunch of parts and I just got tweakscale to try and fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

How am I supposed to fly rockets? The gimbal on all the engines makes my rocket wiggle violently and then flip out.

Try disabling gimbal for the engines in an action group or in the VAB

Hi, is this playable on Carrer and/or Science mod with mods installed only from "Dependencies" and "Recommendations" ?

Also, when I select Realism Overhaul in CKAN, the button "Go to changes" is greyed out and I cannot click it :/ (any other mod works fine)

Edited by Funeh

Hi, is this playable on Carrer and/or Science mod with mods installed only from "Dependencies" and "Recommendations" ?

Also, when I select Realism Overhaul in CKAN, the button "Go to changes" is greyed out and I cannot click it :/ (any other mod works fine)

no, if you want career get rp-0 thats what its for.

How am I supposed to fly rockets? The gimbal on all the engines makes my rocket wiggle violently and then flip out.

That's a known bug with the way KSP calculates your vessel's velocity. Easy way to fix it is to use the new editor tools to re-root your ship to a part near the center of mass (

) - Note that video uses SelectRoot, which was the only way to reroot prior to 0.90
I have a question/bugreport? for the modpack, did you tweak the size of the stockparts? because the 1m command pod looks like it can fit two kerbals, and the regular 1m fueltanks and engines are alot bigger than the command pod. Its been happening with a bunch of parts and I just got tweakscale to try and fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Try disabling gimbal for the engines in an action group or in the VAB

On the question/bugreport, yes, everything's been resized to be realistic. Kerbals are about half the size of humans, so the stock parts (and everything else, for that matter) have been resized to match their real life counterparts. Thus "Realism Overhaul" :D

Disabling gimbal doesn't really solve the issue, but it'll work as an interim fix. The better fix (see above) is re-rooting your vessel to a part near the center of mass. Or wait until Sarbian implements a similar fix in MechJeb and use that

To be honest, I have no idea, never tried it. If you feel like trying it and finding out for us, let us know!

no, if you want career get rp-0 thats what its for.

Yeah, I'd give a go to RP-0 if I were you, I should probably add that to the Recommended mod list. I'll do that once I get the CKAN install working...

my go to changes is also greyed out cant get RSS etc is there still a prob with CKAN ?

Yeah, I'm working on resolving it, I screwed up the installation package file last night, gotta get that fixed.

To be honest, I have no idea, never tried it. If you feel like trying it and finding out for us, let us know!

Yeah, I'd give a go to RP-0 if I were you, I should probably add that to the Recommended mod list. I'll do that once I get the CKAN install working...

Yeah, I'm working on resolving it, I screwed up the installation package file last night, gotta get that fixed.

rgr and thanks for your work and helping to ensure the best set of mods continue

Does anyone know why my remote guided vehicles don't work? I am currently running .90 and when I try flying a probe it tells me there is no connection. Does RemoteTech have problems with .90 and I should wait for it to be updated or what?

Tried installing this a little bit ago, CKAN completed the process, but after 20 minutes it hadn't even gotten through the FASA parts (one of the first mods it tried to load).

Clean KSP install to start with. Not sure what is going on :S.