[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Just wanted to let you know that Rezzy has been setting up a website for us, for all things Realism Overhaul and related: realismoverhaul.com. Please check it out; it's very much a work in progress but will soon have many useful things. :)

Awesome!

and: what would be a good setting for RemoteTech's multiple antenna multiplier? Is "1" realistic?

I'm trying to recreate the Sea Dragon launch vehicle, and astronautix tells me that the first stage had a thrust of 36 million kgf. Kerosene if forced into the ignition chamber at 32 atmospheres, and liquid oxygen at 17 atmospheres.

how would I translate 36 million kgf into a number that ksp can understand? does Realism Overhaul change the way ksp measures thrust?

and from your experience with putting real life engines into the game, how does the pressure with which the fuel is forced into the chamber change the rate of consumption of each fuel. Or is that dependent on the ratio of the fuels?

KSP measures thrust in kilonewtons, so all you need is a converter. It says 36 mln kgf equals 353039.4 kN. Now the question is whether this figure is for vacuum thrust or sea-level thrust. Hopefully the former, because the latter makes it all more complicated. The chamber pressure is, I'm afraid, not enough to determine the Isp with an acceptable degree of confidence. What you really want is Isp (at sea-level and in vacuum, separately) and mixture ratio.

By the way, Astronautix is not the best of sources (we've found it to contain mistakes on multiple occasions), it's better to use source documents whenever possible, such as these:

https://archive.org/details/nasa_techdoc_19880069339

https://archive.org/details/nasa_techdoc_19880069340

Is there any practical porkchop plot webpage for real solar system like alexmoons?

I have a self made program able to do that (if I change planet data), but it is programmed for Windows and it takes much work to port it to Linux, where I play now.

The newest version of Ven's Stock Parts Revamp has a lot of changes. One of them is the addition of a heat shield to the Mk1-2 pod. I guess it is not that easy to configure around that?

I've done some poking around the forums, but I don't think there's a soyuz RO config, right? I'm curious about where the soyuz and those planes in the OP album came from.

Otherwise, loving RO again, so thanks for all who contribute!

I have completed a config for Component Space Shuttle

It will be released with the next version of RO hopefully with integrated seperation motors and some other minor tweaks here and there.

Try it out and let me know of any bugs.

CSS_RO Download

http://imgur.com/a/0hBD0

Thanks for this, and to chris bacon. Btw about my config for the nodes I think it got lost with my computer crash, I'll see if I can re do it though, just cause it worked so much better! Are you including the white ET btw?

I have completed a config for Component Space Shuttle

It will be released with the next version of RO hopefully with integrated seperation motors and some other minor tweaks here and there.

Try it out and let me know of any bugs.

CSS_RO Download

http://imgur.com/a/0hBD0

Awesome! Putting this in as official in the next release!

After having rescaled the Mk3 parts for my Space Shuttle recreation, adding heat shielding, real fuels integration and life support (made it 2 weeks for now, it is surprisingly hard to find data on how long the life support on the shuttle lasted), here is my config for Mk3 Parts: Dropbox Download

Most values are definitely not 100% accurate, especially masses (especially especially the fuel tanks) which i basically just guessed so that it gives me a realistic empty mass for a shuttle (at least that means it can't be too far off), if you notice something off please let me know :)

Holy sweetness! Two sets of space shuttle parts! You guys are the best!

Is there any practical porkchop plot webpage for real solar system like alexmoons?

I have a self made program able to do that (if I change planet data), but it is programmed for Windows and it takes much work to port it to Linux, where I play now.

MechJeb can do porkchop plots, so you could use that in-game.

Thanks for this, and to chris bacon. Btw about my config for the nodes I think it got lost with my computer crash, I'll see if I can re do it though, just cause it worked so much better! Are you including the white ET btw?

I put in some work on that CSS config as well, and yes it does include the white external tank, though I don't know if we accounted for the extra mass due to tank paint.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I know. I managed to fix it, You need to create an MM config file that only has the resale parameter.

Is this something we need to include in the main config file?

Triggertech's transfer window planner works fine with RSS, but I don't know about Linux.

Is this something we need to include in the main config file?

I'm not sure exactly what montyben101 is implying. As far as I'm aware the config correctly rescales the robotic arm. If it doesn't, my current WIP does.

Ill have a revised cfg ready soonish.. As well as some additional parts ;)

To the person above, do you mean scaling with tweakscale, or with Procedural Parts, if you only use tweakscale, I'd strongly reccomend you install procedural parts.

Also!!!, Does anyone know a fix for this bug, a good 40% of my rocket engines don't have exhaust effects when they are being used.

Use Procedural tanks, it is AMAZING! It may say "Non-RO, but for me it works perfectly. If you need to decrease the memory usage, you can take out all of the fuel tanks except for the procedural ones, you basically don't need any other ones with procedural parts.

My Launch Clamps burn up on start due to heating – though I'm using really small rockets and "unclamp" with the first stage…

Procedural Parts, SXT and Ven's Stock Revamp in use…

Update: Nevermind – I took the latest DeadlyReentry files from Git (not the Beta but even newer settings files), that was the culprit as it seems.

Edited by mecki