[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Having trouble on loading, it gets stuck and KSP has to be force quit. Clean install, pre RSS release with the pre RO release only.

Debug is spammed by: [Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Stuck on Squad/Parts/Command/Mk1-2Pod/mk1-2CommandPod/Mark1-2Pod

Memory at around 440 mb

ModuleRCSFX is the one causing issues. v4.1 from CKAN/Github/RO pre release all cause the same issue. KSP loads for me when it's uninstalled with the rest of RO working.

This has probably nothing to do with it, but I tried to be smart and got the latest version of RSS. Not the Dev one, but the one with the latest commits. It didn't include Kopernicus and as such, always stopped loading at MK1-2 pod. There's about half a dozen parts it won't load without kopernicus.

I installed all the latest prereleases and minimal support mods for RSS/RO/RF and it loads! Started adding mods to see if there are any other issues and found that it's now crashing on KW Rocketry's GriffonC engine (or at least, the splashscreen text area gets cut off after the text "KW5mengineGriffonC"), which was working in the previous set.

Linux 64-bit

Player.log

This is with the RealFuels 10.3 and the latest RSS/RO Pre-1.0 links posted recently.

Edit: Looks like we're also getting problems now with some of the RLA stockalike engines, such as RLA_mp_I_vac. Did any stock engine configs accidentally make it into the RF 10.3 .zip? I remember those tending to cause conflicts with the RealEngines configs in RO.

Edit 2: NovaPunch engines and Space Shuttle Engines appear to be in good shape. :)

Edit 3: AIES engines also good to go.

Edited by jrandom

BUG REPORT: (don't know if this is RSS or RO, I'm running both) Infernal robotics is all kinds of wonky, I've got 4 telescopic pistons attached to each other, and when i push them out, they drift apart and turn weirdly. can't show it right now as for some reason i can't take a screenshot, but I'm going to get one later.

EDIT: log

Edited by blub01

blub01: I'm not aware of RO doing anything to Infernal Robotics, and your log has a literal crapton of errors from...all sorts of mods. I think your best hope is to start with only a few mods and slowly build back up, checking the log for `Exception` after each run, and seeing what's causing them.

blub01: I'm not aware of RO doing anything to Infernal Robotics, and your log has a literal crapton of errors from...all sorts of mods. I think your best hope is to start with only a few mods and slowly build back up, checking the log for `Exception` after each run, and seeing what's causing them.

what mods? that might help me find the buggy ones. i only scrolled through the log to see if there was any obvious error.

The file "ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB.cfg" has some issues and causes KSP/ModuleManager not to finish initial loading of parts...

Got the problem even after a fresh and clean install. After I removed the file everything seem to work ok (this time).

Thank you, blub01.

(But someone should still have a look onto this file, causes problem when it's there)

Another thing:

RO makes some weird attachment points to this engine:

CppUz14.jpg

Edited by Carraux

The LR72 LH2 Vacuum engine also has the lower attachment point to high, it's basically in the middle of the bell. There is also something seriously wonky about the KVC1/CE-7.5 vacuum engine.

One more weird thing, I found the game to freeze everytime during loading when i added the current AJE beta. Works perfectly fine after removing the folder, tho.

I noticed today that the fancier SAS modes (prograde / retrograte / maneuver node target, etc...) appear to be disabled. Is there a way to get those back? Like a part that adds that functionality? I'm playing in sandbox mode so I wouldn't expect it to be something that needs unlocking. All the extra SAS buttons appear and are selectable, they just don't do anything.

it's not required, but recommended. I've had some issues with it lagging the hell out of my game and making it crash, though(without RSS+RO, which make my game crash quite often already, anyway)

EDIT: okay, so now something really weird happened. i tried using two hinges(form infernal robotics) stacked to fold my blimp into the craft, and one of them suddenly started translating the blimp. ...?

Edited by blub01

What mods are compatible with the 1.0 pre-release? If I am running Ubuntu, is the instalation or mod selection different?

I couldn't find any incompabilities (windows 7) aside from AJE. All other dependencies are already updated to 1.0 and work fine.

Nvm, the AJE-2.1alpha1 on github works. Awesome!

Edited by Temeter

There is a lot of activity on the RO-Github, so I am daring to ask whether there might possibly be an ETA on the release of RO.

I'd rather start testing the release or pre-release than testing a non-release. - Unless there is something you guys, especially Felger and Nathan consider important to be tested now.

I'm sure you're very busy working on bringing RO up to a final release, and really, you're bringing KSP onto another level, but did you consider making a config for the Behemoth Aerospace Engineering Mod?

It brings a lot of large sized parts many mods like KW are missing, and which become very relevant with the huge rockets of RO/RSS. Mainly 5m/7.5m/10m fuel tanks/probe cores/engines/decoupler/adapter/radial SAS/heat shields/Radial drop tanks/heat shields, radial decoupler (+integrated sepratron engines), nose cones with fuel reserves, multiple modular booster rockets, 8m landing leg, huge vernour engines.

Basically incredibly usefull stuff you usually only get this versatile with proc fuel tanks, and everything in a slightly colorful, but very clean look that should still work well for realistic styled rockets.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124064-Behemoth-Aerospace-Engineering-Large-Parts-v1-1-0-(2015-06-05)

There is a lot of activity on the RO-Github, so I am daring to ask whether there might possibly be an ETA on the release of RO.

I'd rather start testing the release or pre-release than testing a non-release. - Unless there is something you guys, especially Felger and Nathan consider important to be tested now.

There is already a prerelease which seems to be working quite well:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/archive/KSP10.zip

Edited by Temeter

I'm halfway to the moon with this pre-release, so it's playable enough. :)

I had to take a break, after succesfully assembling my moon ship and finalyzing refueling operations, to recover from the shock of seeing dat inclination.^^'

edit: And after that I found out how how nuclear fuel has a boil off rate and travels to the moon take a long time. Well, now off to pull an Apollo 13! Can't be that hard.

And the ETA is tonight. :)

Awesome!

Edited by Temeter

@NathanKell

while I'm very happy to see RSS and RO released in less than 24 hours, and I see the time and effort you put in this community, I hope you'll find the time to sleep... You know, it's useful, sometimes ;-)

great job!!!