[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Hello, I've noticed that the newest release no longer includes a RemoteTech settings.txt file with the ground stations and the correct ranges for the antennas.

I can fetch the one previously included in the past releases (i've got a copy somwhere on my HD), but do you believe there have been some changes that make it unsuitable? Does somebody plan on producing a new one soon?

Thank you for you support

Interestingly enough, we do include the RemoteTech settings file, it's just moved to the RealismOverhaul folder. RemoteTech upgraded to allow us to do this, which improves our installation overhead.

If you look right under the RO download button in the OP, there should be a RemoteTech settings file download link.

That link was going to the wrong place, it's fixed now, though it shouldn't really be needed as a separate download anymore.

Congratulations on the 1.0 release!

But i have a little question/concern:

How do we now use ion engines, or anything Near Future Propulsion delivers, now that Orbit Manipulator is completely outdated and got removed from the recommendations?

There have been a few update requests on the Orbit Manipulator thread already, but it looks pretty much dead. Will there be alternatives? Or will low-thrust engines have scaled-up thrust for now?

If i'm not mistaken, there had been plans to maybe implement warpable engines in the Principia project from Eggrobin (once it's ready). I'll be staying tuned!

You can use NanoExplorer's IonWarp, it's about the same as the old OrbitManipulator mod, hopefully NanoExplorer continues to work on stuff and improve it, or we can wait for eggrobin's Principia.

that link is broken, at least to me. I had tried it before posting and my guess was that it pointed to the remoteTech folder within the old RO repository on github, but since the remotetech folder is missing from the latest release that link doesn't point anywhere.

The link is fixed now, but the settings file resides in the RealismOverhaul directory, so you don't need it as a separate download.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: eggrobin has informed me that Principia is working pretty well (still WIP, and bugs here and there), so if you don't mind things breaking your saves and destroying your installation (make a backup!) you can try it out: link

You can use NanoExplorer's IonWarp, it's about the same as the old OrbitManipulator mod, hopefully NanoExplorer continues to work on stuff and improve it, or we can wait for eggrobin's Principia.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: eggrobin has informed me that Principia is working pretty well (still WIP, and bugs here and there), so if you don't mind things breaking your saves and destroying your installation (make a backup!) you can try it out: link

Thank you very much!

I've always had much fun messing around with electric engines in RO, so i was really worried. I'll be building up a RO install tomorrow or so (a bit busy lately), i think i'm also going to try out Principia. Seeing how much effort eggrobin & co put into Principia, "working pretty well" sounds very good.

Just a head's up, but I did a clean install of RO using CKAN and it either included, or gave the options for everything normally associated with RO, except Real Solar System. I had to add this to the install after CKAN had installed RO, but all seems well.

If you don't like them, you can literally just delete them from the parts folder. Same goes for any part pack.

This is what I do. I was just asking if there were maybe some use cases I was missing. First time going full Realism Overhaul. Secondly, deleting the Parts and Models folders does not eliminate all added parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. So some of the new parts are alternate configs for stock parts. By deleting the "parent" part, the new part is also deleted. I think I need to consider what I actually want KSP to be. I certainly want more realism, but, as far as engine replicas, how far do I want to go.

- - - Updated - - -

This is, of course, the beauty of the KSP modding community.

Am I missing something? Realism Overhaul appears as Incompatible for me with CKAN. This is with a fresh KSP 1.0.0 install and latest version of CKAN.

Edit: Updating to 1.0.2 fixed it.

Edited by Hylonomus

You can always use pruner. It disables (but it doesn't delete them) certain parts of your choice (wings or fuel tanks) so you are then left with only the procedural parts and lower loaded part number.

Off the topic: when can we expect full KIS integration? I've installed it but some storage parts appear to be non RO-compatible.

Wait... Does this work with the current version of real solar system?

Yes.

Issue - Is it known/intended that with Filter Extensions, "Non-RO" parts are appearing in basically all tabs instead of only being confined to the Non-RO tab?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much!

I've always had much fun messing around with electric engines in RO, so i was really worried. I'll be building up a RO install tomorrow or so (a bit busy lately), i think i'm also going to try out Principia. Seeing how much effort eggrobin & co put into Principia, "working pretty well" sounds very good.

There is also future promise in how Solar Sail Navigator may spin off a general purpose long-burn navigation system.

Issue - Is it known/intended that with Filter Extensions, "Non-RO" parts are appearing in basically all tabs instead of only being confined to the Non-RO tab?

I'm having this problem as well.

I'm having this problem as well.

I like it. Because "Not RO supported" just means the part is just not configured in RO. So it won't be balanced. But it's still usable. And I sometimes do use them still. Especially some KAS parts that are non-RO but work fine.

I like it. Because "Not RO supported" just means the part is just not configured in RO. So it won't be balanced. But it's still usable. And I sometimes do use them still. Especially some KAS parts that are non-RO but work fine.

I can definitely see how some would like it that way, but I'm currently in a situation where all non-RO parts are jumbled up in the fuel tanks category and I would at least like everything in its place.

Edited by jandcando

My crew seems to die at 5 g's. What is causing this? I have DRE installed.

5 g's is well within the DRE survivability range. Did you check the F3 window to see that it was definitely g-forces that killed them? (I had a reentry last night that topped out at 10 g's for a few moments and Jeb survived.)

Can anyone help me please? I install RSS and RO (ckan) KSP also cleaned, just installed, but i have no atmosphere at all with RSS. I need to install extra mod or should i check out some files?

When I select "revert to VAB, the game crashes. I've had it happen repeatedly, with different craft, at different times; on the pad, in flight, after splashdown.

In the output log, it says "KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module KSP.exe at 0023:016d7b3a." and "Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation."

I'm not sure how to post the whole log, but this appears in each one.

Can anyone help me please? I install RSS and RO (ckan) KSP also cleaned, just installed, but i have no atmosphere at all with RSS. I need to install extra mod or should i check out some files?

Just use CKAN. I first install RSS, then RO with all dependences and remember the textures of RSS... the OP have all the info. Good Luck!.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to modding my KSP, have tried a few but not many and certainly nothing on the scale of this overhaul. I just had one quick question - I want to do a fresh install just for this mod, but looking at the recommended (and some depended) mods list, it seems like not all had been updated to 1.0.X? Some parts are even from 0.23 and a dependency is from 0.9.

So I'm a bit confused, because the title says 1.0.X. Does it all work? Can I safely install all the mods listed on the first page even though they aren't updated?

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to modding my KSP, have tried a few but not many and certainly nothing on the scale of this overhaul. I just had one quick question - I want to do a fresh install just for this mod, but looking at the recommended (and some depended) mods list, it seems like not all had been updated to 1.0.X? Some parts are even from 0.23 and a dependency is from 0.9.

So I'm a bit confused, because the title says 1.0.X. Does it all work? Can I safely install all the mods listed on the first page even though they aren't updated?

Best way is to use CKAN, and install all requirements from there. Then you can mop up with the few that aren't in CKAN but are updated for the latest KSP.