[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Thx, but doesn't work for some mods like realchutes.

==removed at request of poster==

I have 7 part packs[KW Rokctetry, AIES, FASA, SXT, Ven's Revamp, Tantares(+LV),various BobCat things that work after fixing nodes === and then usability mods like KAS/KIS and infernal robotics](with converted .dds textures and removed unused parts) with 4k textures(which are mostly perfectly fine) and my game runs at 2.5gb to 3gb using OpenGL mode. It would be great to have 64-bit support but that will come eventually. Just have a little patience.

Edited by ANWRocketMan

Temeter, ferram recently explained on the 64bit thread

Temeter: I'll thank you to take your ranting elsewhere, like to the people who made broken Winx64 (Unity).

Sorry, I was just really annoyed at that point after the work of trying x64 and then everything still failing because of pointless issues. It's not fair from me to say that stuff. I'm appreciating the fantastic work you're doing with all those mods.

According to some reports unity 64 is working solid for a bunch of people tho, especially since ram crash are more regular. But i don't think there is much point in discussing much here, that was already to much from my side.

@ANWRocketMan: Thanks, i'll try OpenGL then. Can you please remove the changed part of the quote? Was just stuff from the heat of the moment, no point in leaving the incendiary parts here.

Edited by Temeter

Sorry, I was just really annoyed at that point after the work of trying x64 and then everything still failing because of pointless issues. It's not really fair from me. I'm appreciating the fantastic work you're doing with all those mods.

According to some reports unity 64 is working solid for a bunch of people tho, especially since ram crash are more regular. But i don't think there is much point in discussing much here, that was already to much from my side.

@ANWRocketMan: Thanks, i'll try OpenGL then. Can you please remove the changed part of the quote? Was just stuff from the heat of the moment, no point in leaving the incendiary parts here.

Sure thing. OpenGL mode has some graphical issues for some people with text, but it saves me about 700mb of RAM usage. My GameData is 1.8gb. Otherwise you could install Linux on a separate partition(KSP x64 on Linux is much more stable and functional) or just a live boot DVD with Linux.

Sure thing. OpenGL mode has some graphical issues for some people with text, but it saves me about 700mb of RAM usage. My GameData is 1.8gb. Otherwise you could install Linux on a separate partition(KSP x64 on Linux is much more stable and functional) or just a live boot DVD with Linux.

Yeah, that actually seems to work. Couldn't spot issues on the first try, and it was around a third less ram usage. Thx, seems great after 900 mb making the game next to unplayable.

Edited by Temeter

After installing RO and RSS the game's built in maneuver hold (prograde, normal, all of it) seems to do nothing anymore. Is this intended and I'm just missing the notation for that or is there some kind of workaround? Not having the maneuver hold for long burns is going to be frustrating.

Edited by Cronus425

For the RAM issue, there is another solution. If youy think that OPENGL or D3D11 isn't enough, there is a little free addon to install, Re Shade + Sweet FX. I don't know what it do, it's like magic, but with my pc, RSS/RO and many other mods, with this one and D3D11 never had a crash...

After installing RO and RSS the game's built in maneuver hold (prograde, normal, all of it) seems to do nothing anymore. Is this intended and I'm just missing the notation for that or is there some kind of workaround? Not having the maneuver hold for long burns is going to be frustrating.

Also Mechjeb's maneuver lock isn't working properly. Regardless of how much torque is available via the SAS or RCS It acts like ships have none at all, or that they simply cannot lock in on any vector. Spacecraft just spins around till you control it manually.

I'm having the issue with the vector hold as well. A far more annoying problem however is that every time I try to load a save or exit a flight scene to the space centre the game crashes. I am not sure whats causing it but the RAM is only at about 80% when it happens. The hardrive however seems to be operating at 100% (According to task manager). Is this just a performance problem? How can I fix it?

Crash log (random example)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8lqvje1c55exw54/AABKM06IITrMXNmblYoOKBzya?dl=0

In this case it says 88% memory use, but sometimes it already happens at 72%.

Thx for help

Edited by Warp11

I can't seem to find the engine igniter mod. Is it built in to RO now?

No, it isn't. It's right here though:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51880-0-25-Engine-Ignitor-%28Workaround-for-some-bugs-V3-4-1-Aug-31%29

It's a very outdated mod, but lucky for us, someone very nice updated the .dll so that it properly works (so far for me, at least) in the latest version of the game and of RO. You'll find the .dll easilly on one of the last pages in that thread. You need to put that .dll inside the Plugin folder, which is inside the Engine Ignitor folder. Also don't extract the optional .zip files that come with the mod.

Happy user of OpenGL here myself; I run at about 2.4GB with 8192s. It helps to turn loadifmissing off in RSSKopernicus.cfg.

Temeter, thanks for your forbearance. I understand it's upsetting when things crash, and when a potential solution appears it might work for you but there are other things in the way. Glad OpenGL is working. :)

Aldes: I'm really sorry, but I still haven't seen any errors. At this point all I can suggest is an absolutely clean install of KSP with just RSS (which comes with Kopernicus and MM) and the 2048 RSS textures, and see if that works.

Warp11: see above about loadifmissing (or whatever I named that variable).

Hello, for the people who are using RO right now, what is the best career mode to use it with? I was using SETI in the mean time before RO got updated, now that RO is updated, are people just playing vanilla tech tree or what? I'd appreciate some suggestions.

Warp11: see above about loadifmissing (or whatever I named that variable).

That helped, thank you.

I actually had no idea there was a specialized career mode for ro. I just started a career without it. Looking forward to seeing that update.

These mods are awesome, I already learned heaps about realistic spaceflight so thx for the hard work.

I've got a strange problem with RSS and RO. When I install RO, it changes something such that RSS no longer works. I get normal Kerbol system instead of RSS. If I delete the RO folder, it goes back to real solar system.

I already learned heaps about realistic spaceflight

Had to lol at this :P

I just imagined you leading NASA.

"Sir, this the 14th Kerbal we've killed in 2 weeks. I don't know where you're coming up with these designs but ple..."

"GODDAMIT I'M IN CHARGE AND I KNOW REALZ SPACEY STUFF MMKAY!! Now all we need is to add more thrust. Also, why aren't the fuel tanks orange?!!"

:P

Uninstall all, but clean KSP + only RSS 2048 txtr still no clouds at all. Looks like there is no options but wait for new version?

EVE is broken for now, no clouds for us, sir!

Carraux: Real life uses mass ratios. KSP uses volume ratios. 6:1 LOX/LH2 in mass comes out rather different in volume (27.5:72.5).

You might like this worksheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P6C14h0w4PeI43oORvMe6VAGlL-XyMB0O-ArBOm-NAE/edit#gid=0

Great! Thank you, very informative sheet.

Carraux, SavingPilotRyan, those are out-of-memory crashes. Reduce mods installed / use force-opengl / use ATM / use lower resolution RSS textures.

Er... yes, you are right. Was a mem issue. My game config used 2.3GB of memory (with 8K textures) and 27 part rocket on launchpad. When I chose RevertFlight/SpaceCenter, temporary memory allocation went up through the ceiling and game crahed with 3.2GB mem usage (possibly tried to allocate even more). So the scenery change needed more than 1.3GB... Er....

Used 4K textures instead. Memory usage dropped to 1.8GB instead and scenery change only used ~100-200MB temporarily, so everything ran fine.

Then I switched back to 8K textures, but set "onDemandLoadOnMissing" in RSSKopernicus.cfg to false (as you suggested). Go the same memory usage of 2.3GB again, but scenery change only needed 100-200MB temporarily like with 4K textures. So it runs now fine, too... :)

So: Thank you again!

May I humbly propose to have "onDemandLoadOnMissing" set to false as default in RSSKopernicus.cfg, so people may not run into uneeded memory problems?

Edited by Carraux

Well in addition to my issues with maneuver holds, deadly reentry seems to be misbehaving. I am seeing heat shields explode coming from LEO after using less than 10 of their ablator. Their temperature continues to increase and the ablator just doesn't get used. Am I missing something here?

Also is there any way to get Kerbal Engineer working with RSS/RO? It works fine in the VAB, but in flight it doesnt know when I have my engines running.