[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

I use CKAN to keep track of all the RO/RSS mods and since the last solver engine update it's been spitting this error message out:

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!

Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.

Please report it at:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File : GameData/SolverEngines/SolverEngines.version

Installing Mod : SolverEngines v1.5

Owning Mod : ModuleAnimateEmissive

CKAN Version : v1.10.0-0-gb447380 (beta)

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Is this something for the CKAN people or one of the plugin authors to change their meta data?

Edit: before someone asks, I did create a new issue on github as the message asks.

Now I can finally try to get an installation on Linux. Anyone know how to copy and paste a folder on Ubuntu?? Bear in mind it took me 6 hours to install it after 2 previous failed attempts!!!

Anyone know how to copy and paste a folder on Ubuntu??

...Am I missing something here? The exact same way you would do that on windows should do the trick: right click, copy, right click, paste, or Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V. Alternatively you could use the command line, but I imagine that's not the kind of advice you are looking for.

Release 10.1 - KSP 1.0.4 Compatibility!

Updated CKAN installation should come shortly!

I seem to be unable to use this via CKAN, now that it has shown up there. I preinstalled some of the various requirements and optional addons while waiting for RO to appear on CKAN, and now that it has, when I tick it for installation it comes up with the following:

************** Exception Text **************

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install HangarExtender, module not available

at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KSPVersion ksp_version)

at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

... etc

Anyone else got this, and more importantly, a workaround?

You should start with a clean install.

Hi Carraux. Thanks for that. I did indeed try a clean install (well, I cleaned out what I'd installed this morning) and it did solve the problem. I was just coming back to report that and saw you had replied already.

However, that seems like a fairly recurring bug to me - I've had it before. I'll see if I can find where the CKAN bugs are reported and try getting a permanent fix for the bug there.

Thanks to the New Horizons Probe we know now that Pluto is red. So it should be corrected? :D Just a suggestion ;)

I agree, but we should wait a few months for the detailed pictures of the surface.

Is it normal for my game to almost be done loading and it stopping on a part? It shouldn't be RAM as I have ATM agressive.

It could still be RAM, RO needs a lot. Can you upload your output_log.txt somewhere so we can take a look?

- - - Updated - - -

Check out this post, about halfway down to see how to get the output log.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229

It could still be RAM, RO needs a lot. Can you upload your output_log.txt somewhere so we can take a look?

- - - Updated - - -

Check out this post, about halfway down to see how to get the output log.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229

I can't find it. But even with ATM aggressive and OpenGL, it stops loading on the KW Rocketry Maverick engine. Should I delete KW?

I can't find it. But even with ATM aggressive and OpenGL, it stops loading on the KW Rocketry Maverick engine. Should I delete KW?

What I do in that situation is go through all the mods and pick out parts I don't need. Like you can delete all the KW fairings since you have procedural fairings. The KW fuel tanks and the stock fuel tanks can be deleted because you have procedural fuel tanks. The only thing you really need from KW rocketry is the engines. Another way to shave off some RAM is using lower resolution RSS textures. Just go through and see if you really even need most of the stuff in the mods.