[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

I installed RO via CKAN along with mods it suggested and my parts are all messed up. If I go into the fuel tanks tab, it has pages and pages of everything that belongs in other categories including pods and probes. Uninstalled and reinstalled and get the same thing. When I uninstall it, the only thing in the tanks tab are tanks, as it should be. What's going on?

I was testing the new version, it seems that there are still problems with 2 KW engines, more specifically the Saturn V second stage engine J2, seems to have wrong size and wrong nodes and also the Apollo CSM AJ10-137 seems to have the wrong nodes, the top node is far offset of the model.

Edit: Also it seems that the Saturn V s-ii ullage motor never flames out.

Edited by Beduino

I seem to be having some issues with the procedural SRB with regards to burn times when they are stacked on top of each other. they seem to revert back to its default burn values when they are loaded on the pad:

http://i.imgur.com/mNJfaFs.png

http://i.imgur.com/nEzib2h.png

i am only running realism overhaul with RSS with CKAN if that is of any help.

This bug also still exists in latest version. :(

/me still patiently waits for CKAN to catch up....

Mmmh. Given that CKAN is the recommended way of installing this, why does it take so long to update its database? I was assuming it would be crawling the projects that are directly supported more frequently...

Every time I try installing this, an error occurs! (with ckan)

You must remove incompatible and conflicting mods first manually (or using ckan but by yourself i mean), then install RO.

Edited by Beduino

When I install this with RP-0 and all required mods I cannot play career mode. The only "command" pods I have are a bonanza Beechcraft that looks like it's for planes and an avionics package which does nothing.

No command pods. No ability to build ships.

Anyone able to tell me how to fix this? I've been wanting to play this for quite some time and am very frustrated.

CKAN is terrible.

I can't corroborate that. For me, CKAN worked like a charm, installed everything smoothly (OK, once it got everything downloaded, but enh), and in general has made my life very easy wrt. RO. So, with that in mind, I'm wondering what the problems you encounter manifest like. How are you using CKAN, that it fails you so?

- - - Updated - - -

When I install this with RP-0 and all required mods I cannot play career mode. The only "command" pods I have are a bonanza Beechcraft that looks like it's for planes and an avionics package which does nothing.

Anyone able to tell me how to fix this? I've been wanting to play this for quite some time and am very frustrated.

Start by building one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounding_rocket

RP-0 starts before NASA existed, at the time when the V-2 rocket was the be-all-end-all of rocketry. It provides you with the means to build the sorts of vehicles that were built then.

this is intended behaviour. At the start of RP-0 you do not have a command pod. Start simpler just with the sounding rocket core. - More on the RP-0 thread.

I can't corroborate that. For me, CKAN worked like a charm, installed everything smoothly (OK, once it got everything downloaded, but enh), and in general has made my life very easy wrt. RO. So, with that in mind, I'm wondering what the problems you encounter manifest like. How are you using CKAN, that it fails you so?

- - - Updated - - -

Start by building one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounding_rocket

RP-0 starts before NASA existed, at the time when the V-2 rocket was the be-all-end-all of rocketry. It provides you with the means to build the sorts of vehicles that were built then.

I install Real Solar System, Realism Overhaul and download most of the mods it recommends. No Module Manager, no Procedural Parts or anything else downloads. I open KSP up, still got Kerbol, still got no rescaled parts, tons of bugs and glitches.

Running RO v10.2, I'm getting 'mach' aero effects starting at very low velocities (~60m/s) and continuing into absoluate fireballs during ascent. I looked at the RO_Physics.cfg changes between v10.1 and v10.2, and several AeroFX parameters have been changed.

v10.1

// AeroFX
@aeroFXScalar = 0.003
@aeroFXDensityExponent = 0.5
@aeroFXStartThermalFX = 2.5
@aeroFXFullThermalFX = 3.5
@aeroFXExponent = 3.5

v10.2

// AeroFX
@aeroFXScalar = 0.00004
@aeroFXDensityExponent = 0.7
@aeroFXStartThermalFX = 2.5
@aeroFXFullThermalFX = 3.5
@aeroFXExponent = 4.0

This appears to be physically unrealistic and may be a bug?

I'm having problems with the LR89 booster in the RS-56-OBA config. Before I fire the engine it says propellant is very stable and there is one ignition, and I make sure I have 100% throttle. When I fire the engine I get a message saying there are insufficient resources to fire the engine and the ignition count goes to zero.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/58rmcntxnuhhpmk/Asteroid%20Visitor%20wo%20kis.craft?dl=0

Here's the craft file which I don't think requires any mods outside of RO but let me know if it does and I can take off the offending pieces and re-upload.

Thanks.

RealismOverhaul broken the fasa mod apollo capsule been resized but attch nod didn't, now the heat shield are berried in the capsule and a huge gap between severs module and severs module decoupler, and all apollo and atlas faring are gone, not loading, i don't know why this is happing

IIRC the heat bar shows up at 1/2 max temperature. If max temperature is only 500K (as it may well be for pod internals) it'll show up when temperature is >250K. Don't worry about it. (Skin temp has a much higher max, 2-3000K).

IIRC the heat bar shows up at 1/2 max temperature. If max temperature is only 500K (as it may well be for pod internals) it'll show up when temperature is >250K. Don't worry about it. (Skin temp has a much higher max, 2-3000K).

But it also gives my pod an unhealthy red glow. :P

And I want all my ships to look ...

(•_•)

( •_•)>âŒÂâ– -â– 

(âŒÂâ– _â– )

cool.

hey guys im wondering how to edit the cost of solid rocket fuel in the kw rocketry SRBs, im basicly using a 1st generation titan II and i need some extra power and dv to get my payload up, when i added the 4 castor 4As to the rocket the price jumped from 7,800(ish) to 51,000(ish), after removing the HTPB from the castors the price drops back down to 8,000(ish)

i have tried going through the real fuels config in the real fuels folder and in the realism overhaul folder and i cant find it there, i also couldnt find HTPB in the resources config file for RO.

i tried changing the cost of solid fuel in the above mentioned configs but it made no difference, i can find the HTPB mentioned in the kw rocketry solids config in the RO folder but no price attached to it

where abouts would i find what i need?