[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Edit: It seems to be only the pitch axis that is effected. Yaw and Roll seem to be completely uneffected.

Edit2: Turns out it was FAR flight assistance. Why that even works in space is beyond me. This was a couple hours of frustration grr.

Once I had the very same problem. My rocket was using up all rcs fuel by going up and down. Like you, it took me hours to find out, that FAR was still trying to assist me... ...in space... After that, I promised myself to never configure FAR and leave it, as it is. After all, a well placed SAS and MechJeb solves nearly all of my problems during ascend.

I have a problem concerning the TAC Life Support under RSS/RO:

Currently, I am building a space station and I have a LS modulue containing enough water purifier and CO2 scrubber for 12 people. Although station is not finished yet, 2 people are already on board. CO2 scrubbing is fine. But I get a lot of waste water. I mean: A LOT.

A quick look showed me that I get an additional 120 liters of waste water per hour(!), Fresh water is not diminishing so the mass of the station grows constantly. I thought, that due to massive recycling my 2500l waste water tank would be enough for 1-2 yeats but now it seems that I have to send a waste carrier each day... :huh:

Is this a bug of TACLS besides RO (so this would be the wrong thread then) or is RO involved?

EDIT: I realized, that I should have read the part description more thoroughly. The CO2 scrubber produces a lot of water in the resulting process. Ok. But mass shouldn't increase, right? And is it really that much water?

Edited by Carraux

And there is another problem I have, regarding restartable engines: Some of them igniting with a real huge BANG. Sounds cool and for me it's the sign that they used up an ignition. Unfortunately, sometimes I hear this bang, when the engine is shutting off. I have checked it, and indeed it did use up one more ignition. In the worst case, I am only able to use the engine MaxIgnitions/2 times...

Is this behaviour intended?

Nathankell- Which thermal data? Something in FAR or the debug menu? I'll do more tests today.

Carraux- Yeah I was gonna say the waste containers are good for holding what you recycle but as I recall once a waste tank is full the life support all continues to work with further waste being lost to space.

Ah a right click tells all and it isn't as bad as I thought. The heating starts at 420m/s. When I reached and hold mach 2 at 13km I now see that the temp does max out at 680c. Well into the red but when I pushed it further the engines reached their max mach level and exploded before the cockpit, though not by a large margin. This may be a non-issue, I'm getting used to how things work in RO.

Just updated to 10.4. The cost for PBAN fuel is better than it was, but it still seems excessively high. According to what I've been able to find, the Titan 3A cost around $31mil while the Titan 3C cost around $67mil. The only difference between the two is the addition of the two UA 1205 SRBs so you'd think those cost about half of what a plain Titan 3A costs. In game, it costs about around 24k to put together a Titan 3A so you'd expect a Titan 3C to cost around 52k but I'm seeing costs close to 128k, all because of the unit cost for the PBAN fuel. So the UA1205 either has four times as much fuel as it should have, or the PBAN fuel needs to be reduced in cost more.

EDIT: While I'm on the subject of the UA1205 booster, from what I'm seeing, it should have an empty mass of around 34t but it's closer to 39t in game. And it's fueled mass should be around 226t but in game it's just over 231t. Looks like it has the right amount of fuel (though it always seems to burn a lot longer then the 75s it's supposed to) but it's about 5t heavier then the sources I can find list it as.

Edited by chrisl

Herrkurt: I replied on the DRE thread regarding the gauge bug. For data, open debug toolbar (Alt-F12, or rshf-F12), go to Physics, Thermal, and click show thermal data. Then right-click the parts. That shows temperatures.

chrisl: I'll check it out, I agree 34t dry is correct...

As to reentry problems in RO, it's due to a bad physics patch in 10.4, I'll release an update shortly. Sorry.

Hi RSS is very good but when i try to fly with Saturn V FASA Mod it's impossible to go to the moon

I can just orbit around the earth

In 0.90 Kerbal ISP Difficulty scaler mod can resolve this problem but how in 1.0.4 ????

If any1 can reach Jupiter or Saturn orbit please explain me

Hi, I recently added realism overhaul and I can't seem to get my rockets to do anything. I'm thinking it's because of remote tech. Any clue how I'm supposed to launch my first rocket? Help would be greatly appreciated.

This still hasn't been answered. Does nobody else have this problem or is it just too dumb of a question to need an answer? Maybe no one saw it. In the event that no one saw it, I'm bringing the question up again for it to hopefully be answered.

This still hasn't been answered. Does nobody else have this problem or is it just too dumb of a question to need an answer? Maybe no one saw it. In the event that no one saw it, I'm bringing the question up again for it to hopefully be answered.

If it's a RemoteTech issue, you should see a "No Connection" message in the upper left corner. If that ends up being the case, probably check your install. Make sure you have RO and RSS both installed properly because with those, you should have more than enough comm stations to launch a rocket.

Beyond that, can you be a bit more specific as to what is happening? Is the problem trying to take off or are you running into issues after launch? Are you using RP-0 and, if so, do you have avionics installed on the rocket? Do you have battery power on your top stage?

If it's a RemoteTech issue, you should see a "No Connection" message in the upper left corner. If that ends up being the case, probably check your install. Make sure you have RO and RSS both installed properly because with those, you should have more than enough comm stations to launch a rocket.

Beyond that, can you be a bit more specific as to what is happening? Is the problem trying to take off or are you running into issues after launch? Are you using RP-0 and, if so, do you have avionics installed on the rocket? Do you have battery power on your top stage?

I am still trying to take off. I am indeed using RP-0, and I do have battery power on my top stage(inside the probe in fact), but I could not find anything saying avionics. When I go to try and test out the rocket and I right click on the probe core, I see something saying: "SPU: No connection".

I am still trying to take off. I am indeed using RP-0, and I do have battery power on my top stage(inside the probe in fact), but I could not find anything saying avionics. When I go to try and test out the rocket and I right click on the probe core, I see something saying: "SPU: No connection".

Depending how far along you are in your career, you may not have avionics yet. For that matter, if you're just starting out, you're probably just on the sounding rocket phase which means what you're seeing is correct. Sounding rockets aren't controllable (other than staging). You build them, aim them (from the VAB by altering the way you have the rocket attached to a launch clamp), and launch them, then just watch them fly. You won't be able to steer for awhile but you can stage and you can pull and transmit science.

Depending how far along you are in your career, you may not have avionics yet. For that matter, if you're just starting out, you're probably just on the sounding rocket phase which means what you're seeing is correct. Sounding rockets aren't controllable (other than staging). You build them, aim them (from the VAB by altering the way you have the rocket attached to a launch clamp), and launch them, then just watch them fly. You won't be able to steer for awhile but you can stage and you can pull and transmit science.

But spacebar doesn't do anything. And manually turning the rocket on doesn't work either.

Donoya- The launch clamp is important for sounding rockets. It will give you control of a sounding rocket until released so you can set throttle (not that it matters) and maybe even SAS. Us mechjeb when you have insufficient avionics, it is messy but good for the first couple ascent stages. Also three fins slightly rotated at the base of the rocket for spin stability.

So I have another question. How do I build a probe to survive re-entry from LEO so I can bring back camera data? Everything I've tried so far the fuel or structural part next to the heat shield has exploded.

Carraux- Yeah I was gonna say the waste containers are good for holding what you recycle but as I recall once a waste tank is full the life support all continues to work with further waste being lost to space.

Ok, understood. But the magical mass increase bothers me...

v10.4.1

• Fix FASA J-2 to have correct number of ignitions (3). Thanks Raidernick!
  • Support LOK, LK, TDRS A-G, fix Block L. Thanks Raidernick!
  • Rename Sounding Rocket avionics, improve description.
  • Add a clone of SXT RD-170 as RD-107/108.
  • Fixed Engine Group Controller. Thanks asmi!
  • Fix reentry (oops), DRE Mk1-2 pod heatshield.
  • Rework DRE heat shields to have better internal max temps, and higher (2300 K) skin max temps.
  • Change Mk1-2 pod to have higher (2000 K) max skin temp.
  • Change a Cryoengines config from Vinci to RL10B-2. Thanks A1Ch1!
  • Added a full-thrust Merlin config from latest SpaceX docs. Thanks A1Ch1!
  • Rename Able/Delta to just Able, add Delta avionics (for Delta E and above, or Able-Star) in 1.45m diameter.
  • FASA Agena parts' masses tweaked slightly (note: FASA Agena models an early Agena D, which as far as we can tell is much heavier than the later, 673kg-dry-mass versions. You can tell because they have later-model 8096 engines with 300s, not 291s, Isp).
  • Make Agena avionics (stock part) exactly 5ft in diameter, not 1.5m.
  • Fix solid fuel costs again. They were way too high due to some weird math error going back nearly a year.
  • Fix UA1205 dry mass.
  • Bring the FASA LMDE in line with the stock-config one.
  • Add a much improved nosecone cockpit from Randazzo (expect an even better one soon!)

v10.4.1

• Fix FASA J-2 to have correct number of ignitions (3). Thanks Raidernick!
  • Support LOK, LK, TDRS A-G, fix Block L. Thanks Raidernick!
  • Rename Sounding Rocket avionics, improve description.
  • Add a clone of SXT RD-170 as RD-107/108.
  • Fixed Engine Group Controller. Thanks asmi!
  • Fix reentry (oops), DRE Mk1-2 pod heatshield.
  • Rework DRE heat shields to have better internal max temps, and higher (2300 K) skin max temps.
  • Change Mk1-2 pod to have higher (2000 K) max skin temp.
  • Change a Cryoengines config from Vinci to RL10B-2. Thanks A1Ch1!
  • Added a full-thrust Merlin config from latest SpaceX docs. Thanks A1Ch1!
  • Rename Able/Delta to just Able, add Delta avionics (for Delta E and above, or Able-Star) in 1.45m diameter.
  • FASA Agena parts' masses tweaked slightly (note: FASA Agena models an early Agena D, which as far as we can tell is much heavier than the later, 673kg-dry-mass versions. You can tell because they have later-model 8096 engines with 300s, not 291s, Isp).
  • Make Agena avionics (stock part) exactly 5ft in diameter, not 1.5m.
  • Fix solid fuel costs again. They were way too high due to some weird math error going back nearly a year.
  • Fix UA1205 dry mass.
  • Bring the FASA LMDE in line with the stock-config one.
  • Add a much improved nosecone cockpit from Randazzo (expect an even better one soon!)

I use a lot of solid boosters, so thank you!

I've followed the instructions in the first post to install this ( I used Ckan) and when I look in my data folder I can see that it installed a bunch of stuff in there... Yet when I launch KSP I'm still on Kerbin.. .. .. What Did I do wrong?

Hi RSS is very good but when i try to fly with Saturn V FASA Mod it's impossible to go to the moon

I can just orbit around the earth

In 0.90 Kerbal ISP Difficulty scaler mod can resolve this problem but how in 1.0.4 ????

If any1 can reach Jupiter or Saturn orbit please explain me