[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Recommended mods work just fine. If they weren't compatible with 1.0.4, CKAN wouldn't list them in the first place. You probably mean the Version Checker during loading which says 1.0.2 for some mods. That one doesn't matter, they should all work fine.

If the game crashes for you, come back when you have proper info (output log, description etc.) of your issue, then we have a chance of helping you.

Many many thanks for this mod-pack, it really freshened up the KSP experience for me!

There are however a few technical challenges I had to fix before this pack run smoothly on my (rather powerful) PC, all of them because of RAM consumption. The link to the pruner program is very helpful, but it doesn't tell me which prune script to actually run. It would be great if you could actually add a set of files to prune for this mod-pack.

I found the amount of new features very refreshing, but with a complete lack of (in-game) documentation also very confusing. Especially if you are not used to FAR, the abbreviations are a mystery. I wrote and added a "Getting Started Guide" to the Wiki and it would be great if you could link to that. Also a link to the FAR documentation would be very helpful.

You're right, we totally do need docs! Awesome!

Quick note, though--career mode in RO, but without RP-0, is going to be fairly broken (and is totally unsupported), as this thread's OP mentions. The metaphor I usually use is, it's like you're having a marathon, and some people are showing up in Ferraris, and some of the contestants can't move.

That's because RO changes parts (particulary engines) all around, without regard to what they were before, and without re-pricing them or changing their nodes.

If you want to play RO career, please, please use RP-0, and for RP-0 there are two tutorials on the wiki (though we desperately need more of course). :)

Recommended mods work just fine. If they weren't compatible with 1.0.4, CKAN wouldn't list them in the first place. You probably mean the Version Checker during loading which says 1.0.2 for some mods. That one doesn't matter, they should all work fine.

If the game crashes for you, come back when you have proper info (output log, description etc.) of your issue, then we have a chance of helping you.

Why then are they listed by CKAN as being only compatible with say .25?

If you want to play RO career, please, please use RP-0, and for RP-0 there are two tutorials on the wiki (though we desperately need more of course). :)

I will give that a try. In my first attempt I messed up the installation and RP-0 caused parts to appear completely randomly, so I thought it was broken.

Having a funny problem with one craft. It seems like it is losing connection. But the RT display in the upper left shows a green signal delay and in map view it shows a nice green line back to the launch site. But right clicking a part and issuing a command gives the "no connection to send command on" message.

The probe core shows insufficient charge, but the vessel has lots of charge, including in that probe core. Can't stage either. What else could be wrong?

Hello, im wondering if I could get any help on my current situation right here. When I goto the launch pad smoke is already coming out of the launch exhaust tunnels (Weird), then when I press space to ignite the rocket nothing happens. I have a few screenshots but the forums wont let me post any yet. Please I need some help here, I wanna use RSS so badly but RO makes it easier for me.

Delete the electicity flow cfg from the RP-0 folder.

OK, that seems to have fixed it. A few questions, some of which I realize might not be answerable without me giving more info:

1. Is this a stopgap until something in the electricity flow gets fixed?

2. Is there some "realism" that is suspended by deleting this file?

3. I installed via CKAN. If this is fixed will CKAN eventually grab me a new electricityflow.cfg without me paying attention to it?

4. Why wasn't this a problem on (the many) previous ships I'd launched in this campaign? Did it crop up in a recent update or would have been something on the current ship that might not have been an issue with previous ones?

Cheers!

1. Yeah. I hope 1.0.5 will fix it, we'll see if it does. If not, it means I have to go back to my first idea, writing a plugin (I then later had the brainwave of changing flowmode to get nearly the same effect).

2. Nope, all it does is make sure lower-stage batteries drain before upper-stage ones. You can do that manually by transferring any remaining EC in lower stage batteries to upper stage(s) before separation, or by locking upper stage batteries until separation.

3. It will be removed from the next RP-0 release, so you're safe.

4. It only occurs when there's a lower stage battery that's nearly empty (<0.001 EC or so)--in such circumstances the flow logic gets trapped there and won't realize there are later stage batteries it can draw from.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what references were used when creating the Atlas LV-3C and Atlas SLV-3C tanks when FASA is included in RO? I keep finding conflicting information on the heights, dry weights and wet weights of the LV-3C, SLV-3C/D and G/H/I models of the Atlas first stage tank and I'm hoping the reference you all used has more reliable information.

hi guys im having a strange issues on career mode and im not sure where to begin to track them down.

im using RO and RP0 as well as many other mods on linux 64 bit but there seems to be an issue with science and contracts. when launching a flight even though the contract parameters are being fulfilled it is not giving me the reward or completing the contracts, eg, unmanned alt record of 5km both the unmanned and alt parts are green but the contract doesnt get completed.

the other issue is related to gathering and transmitting science, transmitting science works the first time its tried but after that it just refuses to do anything and science reports gathered and held on a craft that is recovered don't generate any science and dont get listed as complete in the science archive.

i did notice that when transmitting science the first time it works the progress of transmission will go to 100% then list eg. 1.1 science recieved telemetry analysis flying low over grasslands, then a new line will flash in green saying the same thing but listing 0.0 science recieved instead. after that trying to transmit science just makes the comms device list permanantly "transmitting science" while no progress will be made.

i have tried 3 different installs now and they all have the same problem. i would try more but it takes a lot to do each install as i have to install it on windows restart the pc and then transfer the game data folder to ksp on linux. and its quite a long process (ckan refuses to work on linux for me).

heres a link to the log from the most recent one. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rea86409pdqapq8/KSP.log?dl=0

im aware that RO doesnt support career mode however it is by no means conclusive that this issue is caused by RP-0. and if its not then i will be back here anyway to ask again.

im going to copy and paste into RP-0 thread though just to make sure.

Has anyone come up with any working solutions to creating stage-and-a-half rockets? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but the RO craft repository I could find appears to be dead.

Has anyone come up with any working solutions to creating stage-and-a-half rockets? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but the RO craft repository I could find appears to be dead.

If you include the FASA mod, it comes with a component that lets you create stage and a half Atlas rockets.

Hey guys, TheAurora here. I am running a sandbox RO save, and have been having great fun! One of my new rockets though, the Gazelle, can't get a connection to the space center. When it is on the pad, I can't do anything. It says "No connection to send command on" and I can't control it. It has a guidance core and one of those side antennas, so I don't know why I don't have a connection. All of my other rockets work fine. If you want additional info on my save, I can tell you. Is this a known bug and is there a fix?

I did a while ago, not sure if the craft still works tho.

Alright, I'm done for today. Here're 2 pictures and a craft file.

Aih0Vdr.png

craft file

TIP: it uses fuel lines from the bottom inner tank to the outer engines to "cheat-pump" fuel into them, as KSP doesn't normally allow it.

The other way to do it would be creating a MM patch that allows fuel flow in the procedural fairing sides, but I'm no good with MM, so i just used these fuel lines.

Look around RP-0 thread, pages 84-86, that's were Laie and I exchanged some pics and ideas on the topic.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/103196-1-0-4-Realistic-Progression-Zero-%28RP-0%29-Lightweight-RealismOverhaul-career-v0-39-22-Sept-2015/page84

I can give you some precise instructions later, as now I'm getting late for my lecture, which is kinda bad for me.

Edited by Rothank

Depending on the procedural fairing that you are going to use to make the engine mount skirt, the following MM patch should do the job (i am using the first one for my own Atlas replicas, i like the look of the stringers):

FOR BLACKHEART ATLAS PROCEDURAL FAIRING

@PART[KzProcFairingAtlas]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
%fuelCrossFeed = true
}

FOR NORMAL PROCEDURAL FAIRING

@PART[KzProcFairingSide1]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
%fuelCrossFeed = true
}

And the final result:

2BA5FC578B8240BDE076F15E60C140BF9B0B47D3

(Images are a courtesy of Kronal Vessel Viewer)

Thanks! Sorted now. :)

v10.5

• Updates TantaresLV configs to 1.04 compatibility (thanks Niemand303)
  • Removed duplicate misnamed EGC folder (thanks NathanKell)
  • Plumes for all StarShine Merlin engine configs (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Makes the Conic Cockpit look better (thanks Randazzo)
  • Fixed ignition count for RL-10, removed tweakscale (thanks SirKeplan)
  • Removes ablation from stock fairings (thanks NathanKell)
  • Change RL10 default to RL10A-3 config (thanks NathanKell)
  • R7 engines added for RO and RP-0 (thanks stratochief, SirKeplan, and regex)
  • More RT compatibility Fixes (thanks Peppie23, NathanKell)
  • Set mass of Guidance Rings (thanks NathanKell)
  • BobCat N1 fixes (thanks SirKeplan)
  • Added SAS skill levels to avionic parts (thanks NathanKell)
  • Removed need to ullage from AJ10-190 to match real (thanks NathanKell)
  • A-4 fixes (thanks NathanKell)
  • Added GEM63 & GEM63XL configs & plumes for KW (thanks A1Ch1)
  • CECE fixes for all mods that contain it (thanks A1Ch1)
  • EC Flow mode is now Stage Priority in RO & RP-0
  • Add thrustCurve for AJ-60A (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Adjust thrust cuve of KW EAP (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Add additional proc wing types with varying maxtemps (thanks NathanKell)
  • Adds Bell 8096 & 8096-39 configs (thanks PhineasFreak)
  • Adds compatibility for stock radatiors (thanks PhineasFreak)
  • Tantares, Vostok, Soyuz improvements all around (thanks Niemand303)
  • Proton, BE-4 addition and fixes (thanks Niemand303)
  • KAS/KIS - No Longer Used (thanks RedAV8R)
  • Add Liquidhype configs & plumes (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Set a sane X-1 cockpit skin temp (thanks NathanKell)
  • Fixed FASA M1 restart count (thanks Raidernick)
  • Rework of FASA White Gemini (thanks NathanKell)
  • Updates to Procedural handling, Mechjeb handling (thanks RedAV8R)
  • Improved naming standardization (thanks RedAV8R)
  • Updated to new KK transforms (thanks Raidernick)
  • Added RL10A-5 config (thanks SirKeplin)
  • Removed legacy Lovad configs (thanks RedAV8R)
  • Fixes to RT dependencies (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Many, many more CMES parts now RO compatible (thanks PhineasFreak)
  • RL10 config tweaks (thanks A1Ch1)
  • The FASA Mercury LES has the decouple back again (thanks NathanKell)
  • SSTU configuration added for the Ares V and Orion capsule (thanks stratochief, JoseEduardo)
  • SSTU configuration added for the ICPS and EUS upper stages (thanks stratochief, A1Ch1)
  • SSTU core tanks reconfigured to handy sizes for RO, up to 10 metres (thanks JoseEduardo)
  • SSTU RealPlume configs (thanks stratochief, A1Ch1)
  • Delta III additions from KK (thanks raidernick)
  • An update to the FASA Atlas Agena .craft (thanks stratochief)
  • SSTU SRB configs complete (thanks JoseEduardo and A1Ch1)
  • SXT lunar module configured (thanks Niemand303)
  • Many Tantares *.craft files added for ease of use (thanks Niemand303)
  • KK *.craft and sub-assemblies added for ease of use (thanks raidernick)
  • Many SXT aircraft parts configured (thanks winged7)
  • B9 aircraft parts configured (thanks winged7)
  • SXT N1 configured (thanks Niemand303)
  • RN LOK & LK complex updates and fixes (thanks raidernick)
  • additions and corrections to FASA Atlas tanks (thanks ctiberious)
  • FASA UA1207 attachment fixed (thanks ctiberious)
  • FASA Apollo CM RCS ISP fixed (thanks ctiberious)
  • Bobcat Ares I & V configured for RO (thanks raidernick)
  • SSTU lander WIP configs added (thanks JoseEduardo)

Thanks! Sorted now. :)

v10.5

• Updates TantaresLV configs to 1.04 compatibility (thanks Niemand303)
  • Removed duplicate misnamed EGC folder (thanks NathanKell)
  • Plumes for all StarShine Merlin engine configs (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Makes the Conic Cockpit look better (thanks Randazzo)
  • Fixed ignition count for RL-10, removed tweakscale (thanks SirKeplan)
  • Removes ablation from stock fairings (thanks NathanKell)
  • Change RL10 default to RL10A-3 config (thanks NathanKell)
  • R7 engines added for RO and RP-0 (thanks stratochief, SirKeplan, and regex)
  • More RT compatibility Fixes (thanks Peppie23, NathanKell)
  • Set mass of Guidance Rings (thanks NathanKell)
  • BobCat N1 fixes (thanks SirKeplan)
  • Added SAS skill levels to avionic parts (thanks NathanKell)
  • Removed need to ullage from AJ10-190 to match real (thanks NathanKell)
  • A-4 fixes (thanks NathanKell)
  • Added GEM63 & GEM63XL configs & plumes for KW (thanks A1Ch1)
  • CECE fixes for all mods that contain it (thanks A1Ch1)
  • EC Flow mode is now Stage Priority in RO & RP-0
  • Add thrustCurve for AJ-60A (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Adjust thrust cuve of KW EAP (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Add additional proc wing types with varying maxtemps (thanks NathanKell)
  • Adds Bell 8096 & 8096-39 configs (thanks PhineasFreak)
  • Adds compatibility for stock radatiors (thanks PhineasFreak)
  • Tantares, Vostok, Soyuz improvements all around (thanks Niemand303)
  • Proton, BE-4 addition and fixes (thanks Niemand303)
  • KAS/KIS - No Longer Used (thanks RedAV8R)
  • Add Liquidhype configs & plumes (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Set a sane X-1 cockpit skin temp (thanks NathanKell)
  • Fixed FASA M1 restart count (thanks Raidernick)
  • Rework of FASA White Gemini (thanks NathanKell)
  • Updates to Procedural handling, Mechjeb handling (thanks RedAV8R)
  • Improved naming standardization (thanks RedAV8R)
  • Updated to new KK transforms (thanks Raidernick)
  • Added RL10A-5 config (thanks SirKeplin)
  • Removed legacy Lovad configs (thanks RedAV8R)
  • Fixes to RT dependencies (thanks A1Ch1)
  • Many, many more CMES parts now RO compatible (thanks PhineasFreak)
  • RL10 config tweaks (thanks A1Ch1)
  • The FASA Mercury LES has the decouple back again (thanks NathanKell)
  • SSTU configuration added for the Ares V and Orion capsule (thanks stratochief, JoseEduardo)
  • SSTU configuration added for the ICPS and EUS upper stages (thanks stratochief, A1Ch1)
  • SSTU core tanks reconfigured to handy sizes for RO, up to 10 metres (thanks JoseEduardo)
  • SSTU RealPlume configs (thanks stratochief, A1Ch1)
  • Delta III additions from KK (thanks raidernick)
  • An update to the FASA Atlas Agena .craft (thanks stratochief)
  • SSTU SRB configs complete (thanks JoseEduardo and A1Ch1)
  • SXT lunar module configured (thanks Niemand303)
  • Many Tantares *.craft files added for ease of use (thanks Niemand303)
  • KK *.craft and sub-assemblies added for ease of use (thanks raidernick)
  • Many SXT aircraft parts configured (thanks winged7)
  • B9 aircraft parts configured (thanks winged7)
  • SXT N1 configured (thanks Niemand303)
  • RN LOK & LK complex updates and fixes (thanks raidernick)
  • additions and corrections to FASA Atlas tanks (thanks ctiberious)
  • FASA UA1207 attachment fixed (thanks ctiberious)
  • FASA Apollo CM RCS ISP fixed (thanks ctiberious)
  • Bobcat Ares I & V configured for RO (thanks raidernick)
  • SSTU lander WIP configs added (thanks JoseEduardo)

Oh wow, that's quite a few changes.

Will test :)

Can someone using RO & FASA please tell me how much delta-v the FASA Titan Gemini craft bundled with RO has? I'm trying to get it into orbit to dock with an Agena Target Vehicle I've already put in a 300x300km orbit and I can't get the Gemini into a stable orbit, let alone rendezvous and dock.

The stock craft as I can see it has 9163dv and the closest I've got to an orbit is a 170km x -530km sub-orbital. The engine & configs used on the stock craft are the LR87-7 and LR91-7.

My first launch was after installing RO 10.5 so I don't know if it was any different before.

It's perfectly feasible that the trouble I'm having is simply the way KSP handles gravity (no two body gravity if I'm not mistaken) and if that's the issue, so be it.

I've got a RO/RSS/RP-0 setup with all the required and recommended mods plus RN US Probes Pack and FASA (and a couple others).

Historically, the first Surveyor probes were launched to the moon on Atlas LV-3C Centaur C rockets, with later Surveyor's launching on the slightly more powerful Atlas SLV-3D Centaur D. In all cases, as I understand it, the Surveyor's were launch with direct ascent to moon with no lunar orbit insertion burns. Instead, the probe was launched with the intention of impacting directly with the lunar surface (it used a retro rocket to arrest about 95% of it's momentum a couple minutes before impact). The one thing I can't find it whether it was launched into an earth parking orbit first or not. I'm assuming that it was since it would require significantly more dV to go straight from Kennedy to the moon without orbiting the earth first.

Regardless of whether it was put into a parking orbit or not, my issue is that I end up being about 800dV shy of what I need to even brush the Lunar SOI. If anyone has any ideas as to what the issue is so I can properly recreate the Surveyor flights, I'd really appreciate the assist.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone using RO & FASA please tell me how much delta-v the FASA Titan Gemini craft bundled with RO has? I'm trying to get it into orbit to dock with an Agena Target Vehicle I've already put in a 300x300km orbit and I can't get the Gemini into a stable orbit, let alone rendezvous and dock.

The stock craft as I can see it has 9163dv and the closest I've got to an orbit is a 170km x -530km sub-orbital. The engine & configs used on the stock craft are the LR87-7 and LR91-7.

My first launch was after installing RO 10.5 so I don't know if it was any different before.

The craft file for me shows 9152dV. But I always had alot of trouble orbiting the Gemini. I had to be pretty spot on because there's really no dV to spare. I use the Mechjeb ascent guidance and set the ascent path to start my turn at 100m/s, end turn altitude of 120km, final flight angle of 0 and turn shape of 50%. After launch I watch my Apoapsis and when it goes above 130km, I manually change the "Turn end altitude" to whatever my current altitude is. If I time it right, my Apoapsis should increase to just around 150km in the time it takes me to finish climbing. Usually I'll reset the "Turn end altitude" backt o 120 after I've passed 120km though it's not really required. Normally with Gemini that's about all I need to do but it's worth watching your Vertical speed. If it every get close to 0 while you still have fuel in the stage 2 tank, I increase the "Final flight path angle" just enough to arrest the fall, and slowly decrease that angle back to 0 as the last of the fuel is burned up. Usually, if I do everything just right I end up with 140km-160km Periapsis and 150km-200km Apoapsis. But it is very touchy.