[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Ok I will try it out. BTW, I don't know how to implement my album here, because if I quote your post I will get only (URL)your album url(/URL) tag.<br><br>BTT. Physics is pretty awesome, I never thought about that, LOL.

For your album you just need to put [imgur]7hchT[/imgur (then close it with the ]). The ullage thing confused me for a while too. It'll catch you out a few times but you'll remember to blast the RCS for a few seconds before igniting or whatever. Alternatively some engines are pressure fed or hypergolic and they won't need ullage.

And you'd be unlocking all the reworked engines completelly out of order. Guys, NEVER try to play career RO without RP-0, it totally ruins the balance of the game.

You have a point. But not many mods are supported yet. That's the only downside of this mod

EDIT : Nevermind, there are more compatible mods than I thought. Sorry

Edited by pozine

BTW. Can someone provide a tutorial for Ferram Aerospace. I mean the calculator when you construct a rocket and the flight utility when you start a rocket. Both makes no sense to me..

Neither is necessary for rockets, close them. They are mostly only useful for designing airplanes. Rockets are fairly straightforward - if it looks like the rockets that fly in real life, it will fly with FAR. In case of problems, add some (rigid) fins or spin-stabilize.

Oh, and a rocket-building tip based on that imgur album: It is generally better to build interstages where the "fairing base" is below the engine (ie. at the top of the stage below), not above it. Also, it would probably help your stability if the bottom stage was not narrower than the second stage, this might let you get away with smaller (and thus lighter) fins.

Edited by Hattivat

I seem to have run into a weird thermal bug in my RO/RSS install. Namely, whenever I decouple the fairings on the ship provided below, the Cubic Octagonal Strut in the payload rapidly overheats and explodes. I've managed to watch it actually overheat via thermal data in the debug menus, but it was too fast to get a screenshot. (Just for clarity: I do have both DRE and RealHeat installed, along with all the other required and many recommended mods, all by CKAN, in an otherwise perfectly functional install.)

Reproduction steps:

First, be sure you have the RO suite installed, of course. Include also Ven's Stock Revamp, FASA, and SXT. Then download this craft for use in the replication steps below.

1) Go to the launch site in Northeast Africa. This isn't necessary, but it's where I did most of my testing.

2) Launch the craft from the VAB. I used KCT's simulation mode, but this is unnecessary as well.

3) Decouple the payload fairings. This may require moving them into the first stage.

4) Watch the fireworks! That solar panel confetti is kinda pretty.

Notes:

I managed to actually catch it in the act with right-click thermal debug. Sadly, I could not get a screenshot, because it happens too quickly. Nor is there anything in the debug log. When protected by the payload fairing, the cubic octagonal strut has normal heat values, though a small negative conduction. (Something like -15) When the fairings are decoupled, the conductive flux rapidly goes into 5 or 6 digits, then just as rapidly swings back into the negative of the same amount, but it's too late, because temperature tolerance has already been exceeded.

This may have something to do with part clipping. However, to make sure I wasn't clipping parts into the strut, I offset everything attached to it with the offset tool. This made it worse, so that it would explode even with the payload fairing on.

I have a fresh Player.log on offer - by fresh I mean I deleted the old one, started KSP, reproduced the bug in the steps outlined above, and then quit KSP. If this is the wrong log, I apologize, and can furnish the correct one on request.

Thanks for reading this far, and I'm really enjoying both RO and RSS! So thanks for all your work!

I seem to have run into a weird thermal bug in my RO/RSS install. Namely, whenever I decouple the fairings on the ship provided below, the Cubic Octagonal Strut in the payload rapidly overheats and explodes. I've managed to watch it actually overheat via thermal data in the debug menus, but it was too fast to get a screenshot. (Just for clarity: I do have both DRE and RealHeat installed, along with all the other required and many recommended mods, all by CKAN, in an otherwise perfectly functional install.)

Reproduction steps:

First, be sure you have the RO suite installed, of course. Include also Ven's Stock Revamp, FASA, and SXT. Then download this craft for use in the replication steps below.

1) Go to the launch site in Northeast Africa. This isn't necessary, but it's where I did most of my testing.

2) Launch the craft from the VAB. I used KCT's simulation mode, but this is unnecessary as well.

3) Decouple the payload fairings. This may require moving them into the first stage.

4) Watch the fireworks! That solar panel confetti is kinda pretty.

Notes:

I managed to actually catch it in the act with right-click thermal debug. Sadly, I could not get a screenshot, because it happens too quickly. Nor is there anything in the debug log. When protected by the payload fairing, the cubic octagonal strut has normal heat values, though a small negative conduction. (Something like -15) When the fairings are decoupled, the conductive flux rapidly goes into 5 or 6 digits, then just as rapidly swings back into the negative of the same amount, but it's too late, because temperature tolerance has already been exceeded.

This may have something to do with part clipping. However, to make sure I wasn't clipping parts into the strut, I offset everything attached to it with the offset tool. This made it worse, so that it would explode even with the payload fairing on.

I have a fresh Player.log on offer - by fresh I mean I deleted the old one, started KSP, reproduced the bug in the steps outlined above, and then quit KSP. If this is the wrong log, I apologize, and can furnish the correct one on request.

Thanks for reading this far, and I'm really enjoying both RO and RSS! So thanks for all your work!

This is a stock KSP problem that has existed since 1.0.1

Anything lightweight inside a fairing overheats explosively when exposed. It also happens to nearly empty procedural fuel tanks, because the weigh under a kilogram.

Interesting. It doesn't happen when I haven't covered the strut in other small parts. I gues I'll see if I can't fix it on my end by a redesign. Sorry for cluttering the thread with a stock bug.

Interesting. It doesn't happen when I haven't covered the strut in other small parts. I gues I'll see if I can't fix it on my end by a redesign. Sorry for cluttering the thread with a stock bug.

I believe that http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-KSP-v1-0-4-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-(Release-v1-0-4c-2-1-Sep-15) resolves this issue. At least until 1.0.5 gets released.

No way I'm going through 286 pages here, but I noticed a bug when doing a full RO/RP-0/RSS install.

I originally installed what I thought was everything, and got everything except Real Plume. I almost came on here to figure out why my rockets had no plumes lol went and got it downloaded and installed, and now they're all there. Problem is, is right at take-off, and for a little while, I get stuttering galore. This never happened without Real Plume, and I've confirmed it goes away with Real Plume deleted.

Is there a fix for Real Plume stuttering? I would really like to see the plumes, but not when it makes my game act like a 3 year old is just mashing a play/pause button repeatedly.

Because you deleted the Squad folder? Even if you delete the _parts_ in it (and you probably shouldn't) there's lots of stuff in that folder that every game of KSP, period, needs. So don't nuke it. :)

Also, make sure you have Community Resource Pack installed.

Hey guys,

after a little time I tried to play KSP again and I installed the RO over my vanilla KSP. I build just a small test rocket with some procedural parts and I also could fly the rocket. Then I went back to the VAB and wanted to edit my rocket but somehow the game was super super slow like one frame in 10 seconds or even slower (it DIDN'T crashed). I could see that my last rocket was loaded (at least from the stagings) but it seemed like my PC was at its performance limited like if the ram is full or the cpu usage at 100%. But the task manager displayed that every part of my PC was ok and not at the limit. Also the sound in the background was playing without any problems. Is this maybe a common problem and some of you know, how to fix it?

I hope you guys understand, what I tried to explain ;-)

So I've been messing around with spaceplanes in RO and I'm starting to think the maxtemp skin values of 1800 make it impossible to do a mk1 spaceplace. The MK1 stuff explodes trying to exit or enter the atmosphere at orbital velocities. The mk2 stuff is at more like 2273 to 2500. Can we give MK1 higher temp values? Or is this all moot once 1.05 and 1.1 come out?

Hello, first of I just wanted to say this mod has really reawakened my love for KSP, even just getting to the Moon is so much more of a challenge than most things in stock KSP and it's great.

I just thought I'd mention a bit of a funny bug that I came across, I was taking a Kerbal out of a FASA launch tower to walk them along to their capsule, and as they exited the launch tower I was warned that the kerbal had "Insufficient Avionics" (saying it had avionics for 0.0T but weighed 0.094T) I must admit I laughed at the image of Kerbals needing an avionics package just to walk but I feel this was not an intended feature?

Looking through the log nothing showed up to explain it so I have no idea what to do about it really but I though I'd mention it, I'll see if it happens in different situations, since for the moment I have only tried repeating the same scenario as above, to the same effect.

Am I right in saying the ST1 and ST2 solar panels are basically useless? ST1 provides like 0.0156 charge or something. What's the point when more advanced solar panels are a step away?

EDIT.

Not trying to be argumentative or anything as I adore this mod and those who made it. Just a bit of constructive criticism

Am I right in saying the ST1 and ST2 solar panels are basically useless? ST1 provides like 0.0156 charge or something. What's the point when more advanced solar panels are a step away?

EDIT.

Not trying to be argumentative or anything as I adore this mod and those who made it. Just a bit of constructive criticism

RP-0. In career mode they're being unlocked like this:

ST-1 -> ST-2 -> other solar panels

What will 1.0.5 mean for RO, RP-0 and so on? Are you gonna update or do you just ignore it because most of it is in RO anyway? (though the buoyancy would be nice to have, better buoyancy was always a bit wonky on my install)

Thx