[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2014‎ ‎4‎:‎02‎:‎09‎, Felger said:

• Update to KSP 1.0.5, no longer require ModuleRCSFX

Wasn't this the mod that allows certain RCS ports to be used for certain translation/rotation maneuvers? Stock doesn't allow you to do that with RCS ports. Is there a way I can still do that?

55 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

arbiter787: Update KSP. You're on 1.0.5 build 1024, you need to update to 1028+. Redownload KSP.

Thanks, that worked. Wish there was a better way to see if there's an update than using the launcher, which I don't like as it adds 30 seconds to my startup time.

I've come to a problem where I cant use the RCS's... I tried filling the tanks with different fuels and still no luck. Even the RCSAid shows that the RCS units have 0 dV. I've opened the GUI and bought all available fuels, tried to fill up the tanks with them and yet no luck. Maybe someone have some suggestions?

EDIT: After some testing I just noticed that as soon as I enable RCS, it just drains all of the Nitrogen, if I use IJKLHN it drains more quickly but I can not see any RCS effects nor feel the thrust... It just drains the fuel but do not actually give me any thrust and control...

The problem is that I cannot control my vessel unless the engines are running, so I cant fire in the right direction... I thought I would use RCS but they do not work too.

Edited by Tukas

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎14‎:‎07‎, NathanKell said:

dafidge9898: Stock supports that, it just doesn't have it hooked up to a GUI. Right down to the variable names being the same.

How do I hook it up to a GUI?

thanks

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎37‎:‎47‎, Tukas said:

I've come to a problem where I cant use the RCS's... I tried filling the tanks with different fuels and still no luck. Even the RCSAid shows that the RCS units have 0 dV. I've opened the GUI and bought all available fuels, tried to fill up the tanks with them and yet no luck. Maybe someone have some suggestions?

EDIT: After some testing I just noticed that as soon as I enable RCS, it just drains all of the Nitrogen, if I use IJKLHN it drains more quickly but I can not see any RCS effects nor feel the thrust... It just drains the fuel but do not actually give me any thrust and control...

The problem is that I cannot control my vessel unless the engines are running, so I cant fire in the right direction... I thought I would use RCS but they do not work too.

By any chance, are you still on the launch pad when you're testing that?  By default, when you first go to the launch pad, your engines are set to 50% power.  If you turn RCS on (and have any thrusters set to handle fore/aft translation), they'll start firing at 50% thrust.  And with Nitrogen (which has very little thrust to begin with), the effect might not be enough to actually see them firing.

politas: There is not, AFAIK.

In other news: too tired to update the OP, but RO v10.7 is out!

This release brought to you mostly by @stratochief66 as usual.

• Update stats and craft files for Raidernick mods with many thanks as always to Raidernick.
  • FASA stat and craft updates thanks to chrisl as well as our core contributors.
  • Tantares updates for KSP 1.0.5 via Niemand303.
  • Many, many small fixes and tweaks by PhineasFreak.
  • Further SSTU updates by JoseEduardo and our core contributors.
  • TACLS resource deltatime fix.
  • Update config for LR87-LH2 part which RO itself supplies.
  • Changed antenna stats to better model historical probe performance when connected to the DSN. Descriptions now give maximum ranges when connected to the DSN. Thanks Laie!
  • Support more SXT parts.
  • Update Universal Storage support.
  • Update support of Ven Stock Revamp to latest release.
  • Update stats for Pyrios booster courtesy A1Ch1.
  • Attempt a hacky modeling of the Derwent's centrifugal compressor.
  • WIP support for the Long March mod courtesy A1Ch1.
  • Improve CryoEngines support thanks to SirKeplan.
  • Fix a long-standing issue with emissive constants (typo meant they quite often were ignored).
  • Update reentry thermo and heat shield performance.
  • Fix some issues with the CoMShifter plugin, condense its GUI bits.
  • Don't duplicate proc fairing base decouplers when Proc Fairings For Everything is installed.

On 08/12/2015 03:19:35, arbiter787 said:

Hey, I'm experiencing a weird bug in 1.0.5. The game loads properly until after Module Manager, where it hangs on any engine part. Bobcatind loads first so it happens to be the NK-33, but any engine part will do this, including squad ones. I assume this has to do with configs or something but I have no idea how to fix it. Here are the relevant parts of my logs:

KSP.log:

[LOG 16:15:19.053] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BobCatind/Sovietengines/NK33/part/NK33'
[LOG 16:15:19.069] EffectList: Created 13 effect types
[WRN 16:15:19.084] PartLoader Warning: Variable RSSROConfig not found in Part
[LOG 16:15:19.107] *RF* Loading RFSETTINGS global settings
[LOG 16:15:19.110] *U* Ullage constructor called on NK33
[ERR 16:15:19.155] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleAeroReentry'

I seem to have the same bug.

Both on 64 and 32 bit

Also if I install "mechjeb and engineer for all" the loading hangs on a mechjeb part

The main menu screen actually says 1.0.5.0

I have just redownloaded the KSP zip file the new file has a different MD5 sum than the one I installed from.
I will try the new file and report back

=== EDIT ===

It still claims to be 1.0.5.0 but after downloading a new .zip file from kerbalspaceprogram.com it now lauches without any problems including realism overhaul

Edited by talpa

Hello, I would like to report a serious bug :(. Your mod seems to have broken the engines. By that i mean the engines don't produce thrust, don't consume fuel, or even start. I installed the mod using ckan, so i didn't forget anything. Do you have any suggestions as to how i can fix this problem?

2 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

RS-68 engines are supplied by AIES Aerospace and Chaka Monkey Exploration Odyssey.

Just to add to this: Cryo-Engines mod also does a nice RS-68 with the Delta IV engine shroud.

Link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/106089-105-cryogenic-engines-high-isp-chemical-rockets-221115-105-update/

Cheers

9 hours ago, Boonehoss said:

Hello, I would like to report a serious bug :(. Your mod seems to have broken the engines. By that i mean the engines don't produce thrust, don't consume fuel, or even start. I installed the mod using ckan, so i didn't forget anything. Do you have any suggestions as to how i can fix this problem?

Are you using the correct fuel for that specific engine? - Heres a good guide to getting started with RO - https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/wiki/First-RO-Rocket

8 hours ago, romanasul said:

With 1.0.5 and the new thermal model I can't do the Soyuz style ignition before separation method because the parts explode when hit by the engine exhaust. Is there a way to overcome this? 

By not doing a Soyuz  style ignition before separation?

(not being sarcastic or meaning to sound crass, but really, what are the consequences of you not doing that?)

13 hours ago, Starwaster said:

By not doing a Soyuz  style ignition before separation?

(not being sarcastic or meaning to sound crass, but really, what are the consequences of you not doing that?)

I was looking for a fix, maybe to disable it somehow or at least reduce it, but I don't know how.

7 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

RS-68 engines are supplied by AIES Aerospace and Chaka Monkey Exploration Odyssey.

5 hours ago, sjsninetrys said:

Just to add to this: Cryo-Engines mod also does a nice RS-68 with the Delta IV engine shroud.

Link: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/106089-105-cryogenic-engines-high-isp-chemical-rockets-221115-105-update/

Cheers

Thank you guys.  I'll look at those mods.  I'm still a bit off from being ready to use Delta IV but was looking ahead a bit.  :)

On 12/10/2015, 4:52:12, Phineas Freak said:

You need to write a plugin that can expose these variables to the right - click part GUI and read/write the required values (button toggling). It is not directly accessible from a .cfg.

Hi, could you explain how to do this in more detail? I'm having an issue where all of the RCS thrusters are stuck on the minimum throttle.. I think its something to do with how the translation manoeuvres are assigned..

1 hour ago, sjsninetrys said:

Hi, could you explain how to do this in more detail? I'm having an issue where all of the RCS thrusters are stuck on the minimum throttle.. I think its something to do with how the translation manoeuvres are assigned..

To quote @NathanKell:

On 11/14/2015, 11:18:04, NathanKell said:

The stock parts support the axis restriction, they just don't have the buttons enabled in the editor to do it ingame. A simple plugin module could sit beside the RCS module and toggle those.

For the minimum throttle, do not trust the FX of the ports: for some reason it's very weak (on all RCS thrusters and regardless of the propellant used) but the actual thrust values are correct. I think that you had reported that a while back though.