[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

16 hours ago, NathanKell said:

v10.9.4

NOTE Uninstall TestFlight and TestFlight's RO configs before installing this. After it is installed, reinstall TestFlight but not any TestFlight config packs. RO is now the source for all RO TestFlight configs.

• Further Aerobee fixes.
  • Fully incorporate all RO TestFlight configs
  • Further RSB fixes (Agena D, Eyes Turned Skyward Carrack and Saturn IC / Multibody).
  • Fix Castor II issue.
  • Support SXT airbags.
  • Further tweak TF reliability for the imported TF configs, improve burn time ratings.

Does this mean all my engines will be as though they are flying for the first time?

@cytosine I missed your post, sorry. For parts with MODEL nodes, you should just be touching the scale inside the MODEL node(s). If you then also add a rescaleFactor, you're scaling things twice.

Also, as stratochief says, prior to 1.1 rescaleFactor is bugged with MODEL nodes, and needs to be left at 1 no matter what you're doing.

1. If a part has MODEL node(s), add/change scale inside the node(s) and then apply that scaling to the various node_* lines.

2. If a part doesn't have MODEL nodes, change rescaleFactor and nothing else. If no rescaleFactor is stated, the default (1.25, not 1.0!) is used.

OK, so i started rescaling the internals but i have a small issue: rescaling the model works but patching the Kerbal position does not. Except if i am missing something...

Cupola internal nodes:

INTERNAL
{
  name = cupolaInternal

MODULE
  {
    name = InternalSeat
    seatTransformName = pilot_seat
    portraitCameraName = pilot_camera
  }
}

Scale patcher (WIP values):

@INTERNAL[cupolaInternal]
{
    %scaleAll = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6

@MODULE[InternalSeat]
    {
        %kerbalScale = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
        %kerbalOffset = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
        %kerbalEyeOffset = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
    }
}

MM cache result:

INTERNAL
{
    name = cupolaInternal
    scaleAll = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
}

Ok, thanks guys.  I set both scale and rescale back to 1 but it didn't seem to have any effect.  Regardless, I will leave them at 1 and focus on the MODEL nodes as you suggested.

I just had a thought...  Isn't there something called an 'animation' and is it embedded in the mesh file?  I've used Blender just enough to be dangerous...  :)

Perhaps the animation sequence is not scaling?  In this pic you can see the buggy while it's suspended (on blocks) so the wheel is in a 'hanging' position (ie it's not touching the ground so there is no force being exerted upward on it).  And if I take the buggy off blocks with the wheel on the ground the shocks are squished flat which doesn't look good either...  Would the 'scaleAll' token scale the anim sequence too?

Thanks!

Edited by cytosine
Trying to add a picture, but failure is apparently my middle name...

Is there a way to "turn off" inactive command pod's that are drawing energy? Or at least prevent electrical "crossfeed"? I have several big ships and a space station where I have "dormant" pods and it doesn't seem realistic to have to provide power to inactive pods. Also there doesn't seem to be any negative effects to running out of stored energy as long as you have "some" power being generated? Makes for some weird design choices.

Edited by g00bd0g

Hi, Really been enjoying playing with RSS and RO, but have run into a problem. I've confirmed it with another computer also running RO. Both fresh installs with CKAN. In Science or Sandbox mode, the runway claims a max length of -1 and max span of -1.

I'm running 64 bit Linux (Wily 15.10) under XFCE and playing the current Steam installed version of KSP 64. My SO running same config is playing career mode and the runway works fine. I've also seen another thread about a bugged runway in Realism Overhaul.

7 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@cytosine those scales are applied to a parent transform of the model; the animation is in the model itself. It's fine.

Hmm, ok, then I'm all out of theories at this point.  Any ideas why the wheel hangs lower than it should?  I'm trying to paste a screen-shot into this post but this is the first time I've tried since the forum upgrade so I know I'm missing something...

Are we being forced to use Imgur to host jpg/png files these days?  I sure do long for the good-ole days of 'free' internet, before companies were aware of how much money they were losing by hosting media content...  :)

Edited by cytosine
Trying to paste a png

@cytosine: oh, right, wheels. Wheels don't play nice with scaling IIRC. There may be bits in the wheel module you have to change since they may be in absolute units. See what's set up in the original cfg that looks like a vector3 and that may give you ideas on what to modify.

9 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@cytosine: oh, right, wheels. Wheels don't play nice with scaling IIRC. There may be bits in the wheel module you have to change since they may be in absolute units. See what's set up in the original cfg that looks like a vector3 and that may give you ideas on what to modify.

Hmm, I see a module called 'ModuleWheel' with a sub-section called 'torqueCurve'.  Am I getting warmer or colder?  :)

torqueCurve
	{
            key = 0  400  0     90
            key = 1  450  25    0
            key = 5  435 -10   -21
            key = 32 64  -6    -6
            key = 34 0   -92    0
	}

There's also 'steeringCurve' too and it looks similar.

Thanks!

@g00bd0g some avionics modules offer a 'powered down' state, like the probe cores and the Agena core. Others do not. However, electricity should be respecting staging order. It looks like STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW is a bit bugged, sadly.

@Lana Kerman can you zip and upload your player.log and your KSP/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache files? This sounds like Custom Barn Kit is somehow failing to work.

@cytosine nah, those are curves for torque and steering. I mean something like "wheel Offset = x, y, z" -- that sort of thing. Afraid I don't know more because I've spent the last six months in 1.1-wheel-land so I don't remember the old module.

24 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@Lana Kerman can you zip and upload your player.log and your KSP/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache files? This sounds like Custom Barn Kit is somehow failing to work.

I don't have a player.log file. KSP.log? I included KSP.log and the ModuleManager.ConfigCache files in a zip.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByBmJhsccY_1QW1zSEFTX1JuS28&usp=sharing

44 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@cytosine nah, those are curves for torque and steering. I mean something like "wheel Offset = x, y, z" -- that sort of thing. Afraid I don't know more because I've spent the last six months in 1.1-wheel-land so I don't remember the old module.

Argh...  Not seeing anything like that...  Could the vector value be masked or sourced from a parent definition?  Like this:  "bulkheadProfiles = size0" where size0 is some magic definition from an obscure file in the squad directory...  I'm reaching here.  :)

Or there's this block:

WHEEL
	{
	    wheelName = wheel
	    wheelColliderName = wheelCollider
	    suspensionTransformName = suspensionTraverse
	    suspensionNeutralPointName = suspensionNeutralPoint
	    damagedObjectName = bustedwheel
	    rotateX = 0
	    rotateY = 1
	    rotateZ = 0
	}

Those 'suspension' guys look awfully suspicious!  Or maybe the 'rotate' defs?

Thanks!

@Lana Kerman also, welcome to the forums! Didn't notice you were new here. :)

So, I checked. The major problem I see is that some engine you have on your vessel (that, I guess, you had loaded in the VAB?) was throwing exceptions every frame. What parts were you using?

However, that probably isn't related. So here's what I'd like you to do: Open the CustomBarnKit.cfg file in your RP-0 folder (inside GameData). Then find this block:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/blob/master/GameData/RP-0/CustomBarnKit.cfg#L17-L27

And change -1 to 999 (each of 5 times).

Then save and start KSP again, and see if that helps.

@cytosine model transforms should get moved down based on the scaling. But yeah, suspicious. Goodness knows the old wheel module had issues, maybe you're just hitting one? :(

19 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@Lana Kerman also, welcome to the forums! Didn't notice you were new here. :)

So, I checked. The major problem I see is that some engine you have on your vessel (that, I guess, you had loaded in the VAB?) was throwing exceptions every frame. What parts were you using?

However, that probably isn't related. So here's what I'd like you to do: Open the CustomBarnKit.cfg file in your RP-0 folder (inside GameData). Then find this block:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/blob/master/GameData/RP-0/CustomBarnKit.cfg#L17-L27

And change -1 to 999 (each of 5 times).

Then save and start KSP again, and see if that helps.

Just as I heard you post a reply, I'd been looking at the line in the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file where the CraftSizeLimit for the SPH was set to -1,-1,40 and noted the same line for the VAB was -1, -1, -1. I tried your suggestion for the SPH and that worked. Then I changed it to -1, -1, -1 and that also worked. Thanks! I'm back on the runway!

@craftSizeLimit
		{
			@size,0 = 10, 40, 10
			@size,1 = 30, 80, 30
			@size,2 = -1, -1, -1
		}
		@craftSizeLimitSPH
		{
			@size,0 = 80, 15, 80
			@size,1 = 120, 25, 120
			@size,2 = -1, -1, -1 
		}

I think I'm finally onto something here.  This post helped me understand the basic components:

So it would seem that "The distance and stiffness of suspension is controlled in the wheelCollider object" according to Nazari1382.  But I still don't know how I would control the distance or stiffness of the shocks via a patch.  This post makes me think it's something I would have to control by editing the mesh.  I hope I'm wrong about that because I am ill equipped to perform that kind of surgery!

v10.9.5

Thanks to chrisl, stratotchief66, and NathanKell

• Improve Big Gemini support.
  • Fix an issue with Apollo life support.
  • Fix an issue with the TestFlight config for the XLR50 / X-405 engine.
  • Update data multipliers for previous changes in the TF configger.
  • Fix an issue with tech transfer on the AJ10 Early and XLR50.
  • Fix issues with LR87 and LR91 tech levels.
  • Tune LR79/89/105 tech levels and config entry costs.
  • Fix mass of the AIES 2kN Thruster.
  • Tune engine throttling rates. NOTE Engines throttle up rather more slowly, and it make take a second (or 5, for F-1 class engines) for the turbopumps to spin up enough for meaningful thrust.
  • Tune engine exhaust heating. Hot-staging should no longer lead to so many explosions (the throttle rate change also improves this).

On 3/12/2016 at 8:18 PM, NathanKell said:

@g00bd0g some avionics modules offer a 'powered down' state, like the probe cores and the Agena core. Others do not. However, electricity should be respecting staging order. It looks like STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW is a bit bugged, sadly.

Is this a bug fix for squad? Seems like you should be able to prevent electrical crossfeed. Pertaining to RO, I also notice the MK1 and MK2 Landers Cans require no energy to operate? Seem inconsistent with the rest of the command pods...