[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Speaking of the suggestions list, I'm hoping we can add RSB to that list at some point too. I don't know how the RF support currently stands, etc.  EDIT: Though of course RSB is more "stoackalike" in artwork than many of the others, so maybe it doesn't belong?

Edited by NecroBones

Hello! I'm using Blender and I'm actually working on a AJ10-137 remodelling and I would like to implement it in RO when it will be finished. Modelling and texturing are done, however I have a few questions (as it is my first engine).

1/How to create a gimbal? My part is made of two objects: nozzle and turbopumps/small attachements rings. Do I need to create it in Blender or in Unity? How?

2/This part is huge (over 2500 faces). Do I really need to scale it down (it will kill all my work on UV maps so I hope no)? What's the best solution then?

Thanks for all! :) a small picture also, here the texture is only applied to the bottom part

rsitp97.png

12 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Speaking of the suggestions list, I'm hoping we can add RSB to that list at some point too. I don't know how the RF support currently stands, etc.  EDIT: Though of course RSB is more "stoackalike" in artwork than many of the others, so maybe it doesn't belong?

Just checked the RO folder, RSB is there and seems to have all required patches for all of your rockets, but it's not in the Suggested list, as you said... ;)

17 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Well, if RP0 uses AIES for parts, why not RSB too? Most of the part packs, even FASA, are somewhat stylized in many regards.

Nathan,

This is my first time posting and I apologize if it isn't the right place but something odd has been happening since the last RO update and you are a very knowledgable person. I recently did a flyby of Venus and when I tried to transmit science it only worked for stock experiments. It would go through the motions of counting up to 100% and then say done but would award no science even though it says it should and it is the first time I am doing the experiment. It mostly seems to not work with things added by DMagic Orbital science and telemetry. I can fish out logs when I get home but have you heard of anything likes this before?

In case it helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo8fyuf7tu2npqc/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by Jimmy P
Added log link

2 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Just checked the RO folder, RSB is there and seems to have all required patches for all of your rockets, but it's not in the Suggested list, as you said... ;)

Awesome, thanks for confirming! I'm probably going to start up a RO/RSS game at some point here, but haven't done it yet. Good news for sure. :)

Huh, this is interesting. I tried installed Realism Overhaul via CKAN tonight. CKAN won't let me install both RO and RSB together, since RO is now including copies of the RSB sample rockets (for the ships folder), which is considered a file conflict.

@NecroBonesthat...would be my fault! I am developing the RO configs in a non-CKAN installation, meaning that when i installed RSB, the crafts were installed anyway. Then i rebuilt them to be compatible with RO and, apparently, i accidentally replaced them (but still using the same names...:blush:)

I will have it fixed soon, along with the new parts that you released :).

Edited by Phineas Freak

4 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@NecroBonesthat...would be my fault! I am developing the RO configs in a non-CKAN installation, meaning that when i installed RSB, the crafts were installed anyway. Then i rebuilt them to be compatible with RO and, apparently, i accidentally replaced them (but still using the same names...:blush:)

I will have it fixed soon, along with the new parts that you released :).

Awesome, thanks! :)

tumblr_o44indt36N1r0o48lo1_540.png

Helloo, for some reason this is what the FR-Kourou launch site looks like for me, this has been the case of previous installs of RSS I've had I just always forgot to report it in the past. I was wondering if other people have this problem or if there is a way to fix it? I know on Scott Manleys current videos he is launching   everything from Kourou and his doesn't look like this so is this some weird bug only I'm experiencing or is there a way to make it stop perhaps?

4 hours ago, Squiggsy said:

Helloo, for some reason this is what the FR-Kourou launch site looks like for me, this has been the case of previous installs of RSS I've had I just always forgot to report it in the past. I was wondering if other people have this problem or if there is a way to fix it? I know on Scott Manleys current videos he is launching   everything from Kourou and his doesn't look like this so is this some weird bug only I'm experiencing or is there a way to make it stop perhaps?

If you run at low texture detail launch sites can clip into the ground. Have you tried upping it?

Edited by a_schack

On 3/10/2016 at 3:39 AM, Phineas Freak said:

OK, so i started rescaling the internals but i have a small issue: rescaling the model works but patching the Kerbal position does not. Except if i am missing something...

Cupola internal nodes:

INTERNAL
{
  name = cupolaInternal

MODULE
  {
    name = InternalSeat
    seatTransformName = pilot_seat
    portraitCameraName = pilot_camera
  }
}

Scale patcher (WIP values):

@INTERNAL[cupolaInternal]
{
    %scaleAll = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6

@MODULE[InternalSeat]
    {
        %kerbalScale = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
        %kerbalOffset = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
        %kerbalEyeOffset = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
    }
}

MM cache result:

INTERNAL
{
    name = cupolaInternal
    scaleAll = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
}

Ok @Phineas Freak, got this one all figured out.  I'm currently patching the Wild Blue Industries Buffalo for RO and thanks to your post it helped get me thinking in the right direction on how to solve this.

First, you need to create a top-level INTERNAL definition (ie. not a sub-def under another PART def):

@INTERNAL[WBI_BuffaloCabSpaceASET]:BEFORE[RealismOverhaul]
{
	%scaleAll = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
	@MODULE[InternalSeat]
	{
	}
	@MODULE[InternalSeat],1
	{
	}
}

Next, you need an indexed MODULE definition for each "seat".  The Buffalo only has 2 seats defined in it's cab;  'pilotSeat' and 'copilotSeat'.  At first, the copilot seat was not inheriting the kerbalScale variables (only the first).  So reading through MM docs I found reference to how this thing does indexing and guessed that adding a comma-one (,1) after the second InternalSeat MODULE def would magically get me the second seat and it worked!  I'm new to modding KSP so I really have no idea if there is a more 'efficient' and programmatic way of getting to the second seat instance, but hey, brute-force indexing worked so I'll take it!  :)

So here's what the resulting MM cache looks like:

UrlConfig
{
	name = WBI_BuffaloCabSpaceASET
	type = INTERNAL
	parentUrl = WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Spaces/BuffaloCabASET
	url = WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Spaces/BuffaloCabASET/WBI_BuffaloCabSpaceASET
	INTERNAL
	{
		name = WBI_BuffaloCabSpaceASET
		scaleAll = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
		MODEL
		{
			model = WildBlueIndustries/Buffalo/Spaces/BuffaloCabSpace
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = InternalSeat
			seatTransformName = pilotSeat
			allowCrewHelmet = false
			kerbalScale = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
			kerbalOffset = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
			kerbalEyeOffset = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
		}
		MODULE
		{
			name = InternalSeat
			seatTransformName = copilotSeat
			allowCrewHelmet = false
			kerbalScale = 1.6, 1.6, 1.6
			kerbalOffset = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
			kerbalEyeOffset = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
		}

BTW, I'm almost done converting the Buffalo so I'll create a pull request very soon!  :)

Hello.

I tried to install the mod and everything was fine, it installed. I tried to load up the game, it loads to the last thing and on the end something like crash sound appears and game just closes. Can anyone help me?

Having trouble with RemoteTech, I can control everything "not monitored" (commands you cannot send in the flight computer, such as steering, and thrust) even when not connected. Also, delay does not seem to apply neither to these...

Not sure, but it may be related to the avionics system

EDIT: Staging works nicely (cannot stage when disconnected)

Edited by tajampi

Sadly, I'm going to throw in the towel on patching the USI PackRat for RO.  I've scoured your RO patches (recursive grepping) and have yet to find any successful conversion of a 'wheel' to a larger or smaller size.  Every instance either uses the wheel part at the same original KSP scale, or the author resized the part manually in a 3D modeling app (like 3DS Max or Blender) and exported their own version.  Unless I'm missing something, pleeeeeaze let me know!!!!

But don't worry, I'm not giving up on RO.  In fact, just getting started!!!  :)

Thanks!

Edited by cytosine
Because I'm bored...

v10.9.6 for KSP 1.0.5.

Thanks to A1Ch1, NathanKell, SirKeplan, Shadowmage, waerloga, stratochief66, PhineasFreak, mellon85, Agathorn, cytosine!

• Tweak Baby Sergeant and sep motor reliability given they burn for such short times.
  • Fix gimbal response speed on RD-107/8 verniers (SSTU).
  • Fix shielded proc tank description.
  • Fix a typo with the RS-56-OBA TF config.
  • Fix an issue where set temperatures were being overridden by the global config when they should not be.
  • Fix FASA XLR11 engine max temps to match Taerobee model.
  • Tweak tech transfer for early Soviet engine reliability.
  • Fixes to various late RL10 configs, add reliability data when missing.
  • Correct AJ10-104D burn time.
  • SSTU solids fixes.
  • Remove conflicting SSTU craft files pending re-add.
  • Further RSB support and fixes.
  • Fix an issue with Tantares parts and rescaling.
  • Correct TR-201 ignitions.
  • Add reliability for RD-0110.
  • Fix up AIES plumes.
  • Add missing AJ10-Advanced plume.
  • Reduce weight of reduced flow/thrust failure, add new performance loss failure.
  • Allow an engine to shut down/explode even if it has already had a minor failure.
  • Fix issues with 0.625m tanks.
  • Fix issues with node position on Squad service bays.
  • Fix an issue where a config was stating :FOR[RemoteTech] when it should have been AFTER (this would make other mods think RT was installed even if it was not).
  • Add RO support for the Wild Blue Industries Buffalo MMSEV.

Hello everyone! Wonderful work on this mod! Brilliant piece of art! I have one question though, and I have thought about it for a while. I understand that RO rescaled the kerbal capsules to realistic sizes. Is there anyway I can rescale the kerbal capsules without installing full RO? Just maybe the config that rescaled the capsules? I have my own custom rss install in mind and I figured I would see if I could rescale the capsules to finish of the atmosphere of the game.