[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

5 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

I'm actually seeing the same thing.  Looks like I won't be returning this data to the surface until there's a bug fix

I've seen people writing that downgrading ModuleFlightIntegrator to 1.1.2.0 solves it. - But, alas, for a few days no access to KSP computer to test it.

Hello, I'm very new to KSP and RO/RP-0. I don't know where to ask but I updated "Custom Barn Kit" today via CKAN. When I've started my career, my facilities were kind of messed up. I can accept only 2 contracts down from 3 and the Action Groups button is gone too. I tried a new career and there are still no action groups available in the editor. I wanted to do this Tutorial and it suggests to use those action groups. How can I fix this? I also tried different difficulties. I guess that update kind of messed up my installation. Is there a way to downgrade that addon again?

17 minutes ago, Fluppi said:

Hello, I'm very new to KSP and RO/RP-0. I don't know where to ask but I updated "Custom Barn Kit" today via CKAN. When I've started my career, my facilities were kind of messed up. I can accept only 2 contracts down from 3 and the Action Groups button is gone too. I tried a new career and there are still no action groups available in the editor. I wanted to do this Tutorial and it suggests to use those action groups. How can I fix this? I also tried different difficulties. I guess that update kind of messed up my installation. Is there a way to downgrade that addon again?

As far as I'm aware both of these are completely normal in stock KSP career. You have to upgrade your VAB to get access to action groups, and your mission control to be able to take more than two contracts at once.

For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem, and it manifested today for the first time. I'm gonna try a quick reinstall, so we'll see whether it's just a coincidence. I'm pretty sure I, too, had my copy of Custom Barn Kit updated just before starting.

Ninjaedit: It's definitely the latest update for Custom Barn Kit, see here:

Edited by zykzakk
mystery solved (?)

I have these versions of the mods atm, not experiencing the problem anymore:

Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.4.0)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.3.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.20)

Changing subjects, anyone knows how to set two consecutive flybys on the same planet? I'm getting the first encounter but finding it difficult to plot a second one (with Mercury)

Edited by Firestarter
updated list with the relevant mods only

42 minutes ago, raidernick said:

spice launch system

That looks like a great mod, especially for SLS and Orion.  But I thought the SRB used on Ares 1 and intended for use on early versions of SLS was a 5-segment version of the SRB used on the Shuttle?

1 hour ago, chrisl said:

That looks like a great mod, especially for SLS and Orion.  But I thought the SRB used on Ares 1 and intended for use on early versions of SLS was a 5-segment version of the SRB used on the Shuttle?

there is a 4 segment version in that pack also

24 minutes ago, raidernick said:

there is a 4 segment version in that pack also

I must be missing it.  I only see two 5 segment SRBs: "SLS_b1_SRB" used on Ares 1 and "SLS_DKSSRB".

On 2.4.2016 at 3:20 PM, Firestarter said:

I uninstalled KSP-AVC, downgraded ModularFlightIntegrator and that seemed to fix it, now I got re-entry heat back, perhaps I deleted an extra mod that I forgot atm, not sure though

going to ModularFlightIntegrator 1.1.2.0 fixes everything for me as well.

I don't think I have rentry heat properly configured. My craft overheat and explode without atmospheric reentry effects event with 90km periapsis reentries. Most of the ablator remains untouched. Was there some bit of configuration I may have missed?

Low orbit. 350km circular.

Plus I can't seem to find the configuration menu for deadly reentry, event though I definitely have it installed.

My craft, in case I'm doing something wrong:

yoIK9xy.png

Edited by Oksbad

1 hour ago, Oksbad said:

Plus I can't seem to find the configuration menu for deadly reentry, event though I definitely have it installed.

yoIK9xy.png

The menu is non-functional in the current version of DRE :(

(Also, some DRE settings are not properly overridden by their config files such as g-force settings)

Other than that it should be functioning for you.

Why don't you provide your output_log.txt (or player.log if Linux/Mac) file and from your Gamedata folder: ModuleManager.ConfigCache

I'll look over those files and see if I see anything wrong.

Edited by Starwaster

40 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

The menu is non-functional in the current version of DRE :(

(Also, some DRE settings are not properly overridden by their config files such as g-force settings)

Other than that it should be functioning for you.

Why don't you provide your output_log.txt (or player.log if Linux/Mac) file and from your Gamedata folder: ModuleManager.ConfigCache

I'll look over those files and see if I see anything wrong.

1 hour ago, NathanKell said:

@Oksbad what kind of reentry are you making? Some heat shields only survive low-velocity LEO reentries, not anything more.

Thanks man! 

Here you go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t93j85h5m4frpo/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/na8ispgie8odxny/output_log.txt?dl=0

4 hours ago, Oksbad said:

For the most part things look ok; I did see a bunch of Procedural Parts errors but I don't think they're the issue here.

Another thing I saw though something odd in some of the heat shield parts that governs whether or not Deadly Reentry is allowed to cut their max temps in half if it thinks they are too high.. those shields probably then don't have as high a heat tolerance as they should. RO overrides a lot of things so it could be in the RO files but I'm also going to look at the DRE shields again to make sure it's not something originating in DRE that's then carried over to RO. (which then clones some of the shield parts to make different sized ones)

Edit: Oh, and regardless of whether I find anything, (forgot to say this before) that shield is kinda skimpy in size so you better be perfectly lined up into the airstream or things are gonna fry ;)

Edited by Starwaster

3 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

For the most part things look ok; I did see a bunch of Procedural Parts errors but I don't think they're the issue here.

Another thing I saw though something odd in some of the heat shield parts that governs whether or not Deadly Reentry is allowed to cut their max temps in half if it thinks they are too high.. those shields probably then don't have as high a heat tolerance as they should. RO overrides a lot of things so it could be in the RO files but I'm also going to look at the DRE shields again to make sure it's not something originating in DRE that's then carried over to RO. (which then clones some of the shield parts to make different sized ones)

Edit: Oh, and regardless of whether I find anything, (forgot to say this before) that shield is kinda skimpy in size so you better be perfectly lined up into the airstream or things are gonna fry ;)

Thanks!

Any quick fixes you can think of to make reentry more manageable for now (such as adjustments in the Deadly reentry files or debug menu)? The inability to do any reentries pretty much puts this career on hold until I can fix it.

1 minute ago, Oksbad said:

Thanks!

Any quick fixes you can think of to make reentry more manageable for now (such as adjustments in the Deadly reentry files or debug menu)? The inability to do any reentries pretty much puts this career on hold until I can fix it.

This isn't tested but it should correct the problem I'm seeing. Though, keep in mind that this is likely affecting everyone so it might be something else. 

Make a file named RO_DRE_PATCH.cfg, edit it and then paste text from the bottom of this post into it:

Also, question: At what altitude are you blowing up and what part is going first? And are you perfectly lined up retrograde? (I'm duplicating the reentry you described with a craft more or less like yours...)

@PART[*]:HAS[#RSSROConfig[*],!MODULE[ModuleAeroReentry]]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]:FINAL
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAeroReentry
		skinHeatConductivity = 0.001
		leaveTemp = True
	}
}