[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

I think I might have a problem with deadly reentry settings, given my crew died from g-forces at 3g during reentry. I don't think this is reasonable, does anybody know what should the deadly reentry settings be? I looked  at the numbers in the DeadlyReentry button, but I could not make much sense from them (numbers are too high to be g numbers).

12 minutes ago, leudaimon said:

I think I might have a problem with deadly reentry settings, given my crew died from g-forces at 3g during reentry. I don't think this is reasonable, does anybody know what should the deadly reentry settings be? I looked  at the numbers in the DeadlyReentry button, but I could not make much sense from them (numbers are too high to be g numbers).

That is pretty unreasonable. I know the stock DRE numbers are a little harsh on RO/RSS but not to the point of dying at 3g. You should be able to sit through that all day and not suffer ill effects. (not necessarily IRL, I mean in the game)

What version of DRE are you using? And could you post your ModuleManager.ConfigCache file please?

44 minutes ago, leudaimon said:

@Starwaster

I'm on version 7.3.2, installed from CKAN on KSP 1.0.5

My ModuleManager.ConfigCache.

Thank you for the lightning fast response!

Dammit.... can't believe I did that...

Download this and replace the one in your DeadlyReentry folder with it: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Starwaster/DeadlyReentry/master/DeadlyReentry/DefaultSettings.cfg

But if you've made any changes using the menu (DRE icon on the stock toolbar) then you'll have to manually change Crew G Min to 5. 

There's other changes that should be made for RO that are probably long overdue but I've only recently sat down and done a thorough math analysis of the numbers. For instance, Crew G Exponent is way too high for RO. Change that to 1.1

(the problem BTW is that this last version shipped with crewGMin set to 0 which means ANY amount of g forces are lethal given enough time)

Edited by Starwaster

On 4/20/2016 at 11:55 AM, skbernard said:

guys, i'm scared - i've been following spaceX closely for the past year and i told myself that when 1.1 comes out i would force myself to use RO/RSS to really learn (as best a game can teach) what it takes to get this stuff off the ground - i gotta say i'm a lot nervous, but also excited, i'm excited that there is something like this collection of mods that lets me catch a glimpse into real rocket science - and for that i'd like to sincerely thank everyone who has touched these projects - thank you

also check out the RSS/RO IRC chat (connection info found on the main post of the RSS/RO thread) 24/7 there are a good number of armchair rocket scientists, RSS/RO enthusiasts, and mod devs chilling in there, many of whom are happy to answer questions or point you to the proper reading material.

I will be watching close for this thread to get the 1.1 stamp on it.  I have attempted RO in the past but my PC just can't really cut it.  I really want to get it up and running though for real this time.  With the improvements in KSp 1.1 and my improvements on this end it should run fairly well can't wait to give it a real go.  Waiting with baited breath.:)

I have to say, having the Real Solar System is nice and all, but what I miss most at the moment is the Realism.

The ullage, the lack of throttle-control, the limit in restarts of engines, and the dozen other factors that make RO such a compelling and addicting experience..

I......need.....my.....fix.... ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Also, I love each and every modder here, and respect that they are doing it all on their own time <3

4 hours ago, sackfalte said:

I have to say, having the Real Solar System is nice and all, but what I miss most at the moment is the Realism.

The ullage, the lack of throttle-control, the limit in restarts of engines, and the dozen other factors that make RO such a compelling and addicting experience..

I......need.....my.....fix.... ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Also, I love each and every modder here, and respect that they are doing it all on their own time <3

Feel the same way. I tried playing Stock KSP but after 15 minutes I'm bored, there's no challenge.

1.0.5 with the mods I want runs very slowly, crashes often and textures are crap.

I haven't had my fix in ages, got excited with 1.1 coming out thinking the wait was over, but I'm guessing the wait if far from over, waiting for all the mods I use to be updated.

And since R.O. is dependent on so many other mods, the wait can be quite long.

If you want this faster you might consider actually helping.  Join the #RO channel on Esper.net, read and understand the linked Code of Conduct in the channel topic, and then ask if there's anything you can help with.  We have a long list of things to do.

If you don't care to help, stop pestering for updates.

Hi guys, I've since RSS, RO and all supporting mods via CKAN however I can't choose any rocket fuel. It says **Not Found** when clicking the fuel type slider and fuel tank utilisation says -1%

Is there something I haven't set up properly? I couldn't find any reference to this on the forums. I've tried a complete re-install however it never shows me any fuels.

5SwRHfH.png

Edited by rolls

1 hour ago, rolls said:

Hi guys, I've since RSS, RO and all supporting mods via CKAN however I can't choose any rocket fuel. It says **Not Found** when clicking the fuel type slider and fuel tank utilisation says -1%

Is there something I haven't set up properly? I couldn't find any reference to this on the forums. I've tried a complete re-install however it never shows me any fuels.

I had the same when there was conflict with one of the modes (surprisingly unrelated to fuels) but I cant remember now which one.
But certainly try like this:
-install stock KSP + RO with only "required" mods, and try (should be fine)
-install RSS and RP-0 if you  want and try should be ok
-install rest of the mods in batches of 5 and try after each batch. When you identify where is the isue install mods from that batch 1 by 1 and try.

14 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

I had the same when there was conflict with one of the modes (surprisingly unrelated to fuels) but I cant remember now which one.
But certainly try like this:
-install stock KSP + RO with only "required" mods, and try (should be fine)
-install RSS and RP-0 if you  want and try should be ok
-install rest of the mods in batches of 5 and try after each batch. When you identify where is the isue install mods from that batch 1 by 1 and try.

Turns out I was still running 64 bit which isn't compatible with real fuels

54 minutes ago, rolls said:

Turns out I was still running 64 bit which isn't compatible with real fuels

My hacked 64bit 1.0.5 with 108 mods (including RSS+RO) runs perfectly fine. Try reinstalling them.

5 minutes ago, JeeF said:

My hacked 64bit 1.0.5 with 108 mods (including RSS+RO) appears to run perfectly fine for me.

FTFY.

Please do not make my support headaches worse by actively recommending a hack that is known to break things, but in subtle ways..except when it fails altogether.

3 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

FTFY.

Please do not make my support headaches worse by actively recommending a hack that is known to break things, but in subtle ways..except when it fails altogether.

Your right.

Guys please do NOT use the 64bit hack, it's very buggy and you'll end up giving modders headaches trying to fix bugs that are not their fault.

2 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Happily, RO for 1.1 is Real Soon Now (tm), so... :)

Pumped for RO! Mainly RSS though because high resolution textures and 600 part behemoths aren't going to lag my game.

12 minutes ago, bob615511 said:

This is probably a bad question, but does "(tm)" mean tomorrow in this context?

"tm" (meaning "trademark") has become a bit of a running joke, implying that things like "Soon" or "When it's ready" have become almost like official slogans.

13 hours ago, bob615511 said:

This is probably a bad question, but does "(tm)" mean tomorrow in this context?

No, it means we wait another week to release because someone pestered about updates.

56 minutes ago, regex said:

No, it means we wait another week to release because someone pestered about updates.

Umm he wasn't really pestering he was just asking a legit question. Don't you think you're being a tad over sensitive?