[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

31 minutes ago, JeeF said:

Yep. Was watching a video on youtube while my sounding rocket was trying to break a new altitude record. Haven't had any crash all day.

I've been persisting with 1.0.5 in openGL mode with a crash every few hours when I get impatient and click too early on the black loading screen. Was doing my head in.

Can't wait to try this when I get home. Going to donate $20 now as well for all the hard work, everyone else who is a regular player should as well to keep the great work coming.

Cheers

Edited by rolls

I really appreciate the work the modders have done on this, looks fantastic. 

One question (problem?).  Some of the engines like the J2 /J2X don't seem to have lower attachment points.

Are there mods with a few more engines like the RD-170? They were in earlier RO versions.

3 hours ago, frisch said:

Are there mods with a few more engines like the RD-170? They were in earlier RO versions.

You mean the soviet/russian style quad nozzle arrangement? Bobcat soviet engines has - besides an awesome RD-170 - a modern upper stage quad engine, and SSTU also got RD108/107 (soyuz rocket) engines. Latter ones without Realplume support in RO tho, I'm currently working on them.

Edited by Temeter

Great news this is up and running!

I'm new to RO so it will be quite a ride for me. At least I don't have to worry about memory limits anymore :)

Oh, and I noticed that the ROreadme included with the install is really old and outdated. I think it needs some attention, so newcomers like me can get to the proper FAQs and whatnot.

Just now, ebigunso said:

Great news this is up and running!

I'm new to RO so it will be quite a ride for me. At least I don't have to worry about memory limits anymore :)

Oh, and I noticed that the ROreadme included with the install is really old and outdated. I think it needs some attention, so newcomers like me can get to the proper FAQs and whatnot.

Good luck, RO's a true ride!

If you got questions, just post them here. Got a bunch of veterans that'll be happy to help.

2 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Good luck, RO's a true ride!

If you got questions, just post them here. Got a bunch of veterans that'll be happy to help.

Thank you! Now I'm off to get all those mods listed in the OP XD

Just now, ebigunso said:

Thank you! Now I'm off to get all those mods listed in the OP XD

I'd recommend getting Ven Stock Revamp, too. That's an almost requirement, besides procparts and procfairings.

38 minutes ago, Temeter said:

I'd recommend getting Ven Stock Revamp, too. That's an almost requirement, besides procparts and procfairings.

Are there any tech tree mods you recommend? I installed RP-0, but I got annoyed by all the parts that are "costed by RP-0 but not compatible with RO" and parts that are supported by RO but not by RP-0. But I thought the remade tech tree was really nice.

2 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

Are there any tech tree mods you recommend? I installed RP-0, but I got annoyed by all the parts that are "costed by RP-0 but not compatible with RO" and parts that are supported by RO but not by RP-0. But I thought the remade tech tree was really nice.

To my knowledge, there isn't any other RO compatible tech tree. It's just thousand upon thousands of configs, that need to be seperatly updated.

Edited by Temeter

3 minutes ago, SpaceEnthusiast said:

And I would jump on it if I had any real skills. I'd be awesome to have some programming skills, mod some games, even make my own. I often think I chose the wrong education. 

It's actually not that complex, a lot of the configs are very logical. KSP modders created some amazing frameworks.

I wouldn't blame anyone tho, just looking into the RO folder makes my head spin... Takes a huge time investment.

Edited by Temeter

6 minutes ago, TrooperCooper said:

Hmmm... anyone else able to build crafts unrestricted by avionics? My cores also have no avionics stats in their data in the VAB...

Same here.

16 minutes ago, TrooperCooper said:

Hmmm... anyone else able to build crafts unrestricted by avionics? My cores also have no avionics stats in their data in the VAB...

avionics are features of RP-0 and not part of basic RO

24 minutes ago, sisyphean said:

avionics are features of RP-0 and not part of basic RO

24 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@TrooperCooper@Temeterthe avionics restrictions are a part of RP-0, not RO.

Ooooh, I see. Yeah, used to play with that to much I guess. Thx  :)

Edited by TrooperCooper

@Gordon Dryplease delete your entire installation, reinstall KSP from your Steam account and the install the required mods (at first) via CKAN. I am seeing a lot of errors caused by corrupted files, you are missing at least one critical dependency (ModularFlightIntegrator) and you have some incompatible mods installed (CrossFeedEnabler, SimpleBoiloff, InterstellarFuelSwitch, OSFairings, KSPI).

It would also be a good idea to move your KSP installation outside of the Steam folder so when KSP is updated it won't be overwritten.

About to make my to install... Never actually done it before,  but lurked here a bit.   Is ckan on a stock install still the preferred method to get everything setup?   Is manually a more successful option... If so is the required dependencies in the ckan download? 

Just looking for some advice before I take the red pill...