[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Just now, Phineas Freak said:

@GillyTheGhilliethen you have not installed RO correctly. The Vesta should be a "AJ10 Upper Stage Engine (Advanced)"  engine and the Swivel should be an "S1.5400/RD-58 Series" engine.

I just fresh installed it using CKAN, also this comes up on the procedural parts structural component, but not anything else AFAIK. I have KSP Interstellar installed but I don't know if that would affect it, could it possibly be that it's because I'm running the 64 bit version?

1 minute ago, Phineas Freak said:

That is definitely not normal. Also KSPI is not supported by RO and in fact this might be your source of the issues. Try removing it as a first step and if that fails then post your player.log or output.log so that we can take a look.

Ah, is there any hope of KSPI support in the future, also the USI mods?

Hi all!

I'm having two problems:

First, the icons in the top right from certain mods are white... They still work to click on, but it's kind of annoying to guess which one is which. Same thing goes for most icons in the bottom-right in the VAB and SPH.

The second problem, which is even worse imo, is that most engines don't have working sound. This really destroys the experience :(.

I have all dependencies installed, and all recommendations except Toolbar and Test Flight. 

Help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I wonder if the TAC life supprt will change or if some RO update will be added, I find everything is so beautiful now, but TACLS has not changed since years. The parts you need to add to a craft are unrealistically small, right? Comparing to the appollo CSM, which weighted over 28t, In RO I only have to add this tiny supplies container. There is not really a service module required, also I can put it on top of the capsule which feels cheaty, because then messing up the reentry does not matter and I can just wait. So I think you should have some kind of "Support"-module which does the air circulation and scrubbing thing and you need one per astronaut or such. Which you for example don't want to land on the moon :wink:

Also I would love to have some option like "cut rations" if I failed the mission by some minor percentage of the budget, which gives some other negative effect, like astronauts cannot be used for some time if they were on cut rations and their fitness decreases. That is what would happen in reality. And it also does not include fitness and I tried the the "KeepFit" mod and found it is unintuitie, also it is not part of RO.

(btw: does anyone know why the appollo mission used fuel cells and no solar powder? make no sense to me)

10 hours ago, GillyTheGhillie said:

Ah, is there any hope of KSPI support in the future, also the USI mods?

I was playing with RO and KSPI-e together in 1.0.5 but not tried 1.1 yet. They were quite fine together. RO may not officially support KSPI but it certainly does not prevent to use it.

Why does my engine shut down due to unstable propellant in the main stage while under positive acceleration? Is it supposed to do that? I expect the engines shutting down due to unstable propellant while in a vacuum. I am in career mode still using the basic A4 engine.

Edited by Andretti

Hello. Something goes wrong. Many engines hich have been supported in 1.0.5 now noy in RO (RP-0 yes). All stock parts, all engines from Soviet Engines Pack, KW Rocketery for exemple. Installed with CKAN. What I did wrong?

Edited by KOCTROTTAJI

On 5/3/2016 at 4:36 PM, Gordon Dry said:

And btw, does it mean either SMURFF or ROMini or can they stitch together?

You should use one XOR the other, not both, since they're both trying to do the same thing by different approaches.  If you were to use both, ROMini comes first in the alphabet (zR before zS), so it would do its thing, and then SMURFF would run.  LFO and monoprop fuel tanks would be lighter than stockalike tanks of their new capacities, so SMURFF would see that it's sending them into negative masses and undo that operation, but crew pods and rocket engines would get double-buffed, and as for mod resources like liquid hydrogen and argon, it's anyone's guess.

(Sorry if this is too late to be a useful response.)

3 hours ago, Andretti said:

Why does my engine shut down due to unstable propellant in the main stage while under positive acceleration? Is it supposed to do that? I expect the engines shutting down due to unstable propellant while in a vacuum. I am in career mode still using the basic A4 engine.

During deceleration in atmosphere, propellant seems to become unstable as well. Try hot staging or staging more quickly.

Hello. Need a little help here. Now when rp-0 is came out i'm going to create my new rss/ro/rp-0 build. Is there a problems in RO/rp-0 right now with mods such as Fasa, Aies, KW and so on (I understand that mods have versions lower than current 1.1.2 game version)? I really don't need anything but engines. Really love procedural things, so all tanks, fairings, decouplers e.t.c. will be pruned from parts pack. I apologise if my question stupid/not in right place e.t.c, not intend to disturb mod makers by any means. Also, english is not my native, so sorry if my msg is a bit messy :)

Hello, have been lurking a while, but the recent update of this fantastic mod (and RSS and RP-0), that make KSP into so much more than a game, have finally inspired me to create an account :P

Unfortunately I have encountered a bit of a problem with this latest upgrade, where after ignition my rockets just float gently upwards at about 0.2 m/s until they run out of fuel, spin around a bit, still floating upwards, until I get bored and hit escape, or they explode...

This happens with the very simplest of rockets, just a sounding rocket core, two procedural tanks (one for a nose cone and one for a body), an aerobee engine, and three basic fins, shrunk down to 50% size.

Here is a list of the mods I have installed:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.1.2 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
MagiCore - 1.1.1
Toolbar - 1.7.12
Advanced Jet Engine - 2.7.1
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.2
B9 Part Switch - 1.1.4
B9 Aerospace - 6.1.1
B9 Aerospace - 6.1.1
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.7
Community Resource Pack - 0.5.1.1
Contract Configurator - 1.11.5
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.8
Deadly Reentry - 7.4.4
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.4
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.3
Firespitter - 7.2.3
RasterPropMonitor - 0.26
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.7
Kerbal Construction Time - 1.3.3.7
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.1
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.7
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.9
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
KWRocketryRedux - 3.0.4
Infernal Robots - 2.0.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.3
NearFutureConstruction - 0.6.1
NearFutureElectrical - 0.7.1
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7.1
NearFutureSolar - 0.6.1
Procedural Parts - 1.2.3
RealChute - 1.4.1.1
RealismOverhaul - 11.0
RealSolarSystem - 11.2
RemoteTech - 1.7
RSSDateTime - 1.0.3
Saturatable RW - 1.11
SCANsat - 1.1.6.1
SolverEngines - 2.1
TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.6
TestFlight - 1.6.0.1
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
TweakScale - 2.2.10
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.2

Any feedback would be appreciated, and if more information is needed I will try to provide it (though you might need to explain to me what it is and where to find it :P )!

EDIT: the problem apparently goes away and the rocket flies normally if I make the fins 100% size. Very weird, insight would still be appreciated...

Edited by kugutsu
problem solved but issue is still a mystery...

3 hours ago, jstnj said:

During deceleration in atmosphere, propellant seems to become unstable as well. Try hot staging or staging more quickly.

My rocket only has a single stage, a basic sounding rocket and it happens while accelerating (positive acceleration). Any recommendation on what type of fuel tank I should use?

Just started a new career with this and rp0 and omg it runs so smoothly: 60fps all the time, new menus, new RO parts, new everything. So happy. Thanks, devs! 

But the wheels... Had a real hard time getting a plane of the runway, it kept turning sideways, flipping, jumping, all sorts of stuff. Very ksp like. Finally disabled friction (or was it tracking?) control and weird behavior stopped. But when it came to landing... I played a lot with wheels settings for springs dampers but alas for no success. My small plane keeps doing frontflips, backflips, somersaults the moment it touches the ground.

So my question is this: how does one understands the physics behind this new wheels system? Specifically what settings should I use to make a very light plane (~2.5 ton) behave when it comes to landing?

P.s. If anyone interested here is my craft file https://yadi.sk/d/mPF5I1Oqre4Rp

2 hours ago, kugutsu said:

[...]

Unfortunately I have encountered a bit of a problem with this latest upgrade, where after ignition my rockets just float gently upwards at about 0.2 m/s until they run out of fuel, spin around a bit, still floating upwards, until I get bored and hit escape, or they explode...

This happens with the very simplest of rockets, just a sounding rocket core, two procedural tanks (one for a nose cone and one for a body), an aerobee engine, and three basic fins, shrunk down to 50% size.

[...]

EDIT: the problem apparently goes away and the rocket flies normally if I make the fins 100% size. Very weird, insight would still be appreciated...

I had the same problem, even on Vessels where appart from Procedural Parts and Procedural Wings only stock fueltanks and stock cargobays got "tweakscaled" and no aerosurfaces.

Looks like this is a problem. I lost Jeb on his first flight due to this - nooooo...

EDIT: This has nothing to do with RSS/RO, etc. I'am sry. Must be Tweakscale and some other mod (probably FAR).

Edited by grosser_Salat