[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Theysen: That sounds like a buggy install. Please try with a clean KSP install, then use CKAN to install RSS with required/recommended but NO suggested mods; then do the same for RO. Certainly don't add Tweakscale.

Nerd1000: Same advice.

CaptainSprite: avionicsTL7 is not a node that exists yet, and when it does exist it will be at the end of the tree. If you want to play in the 1980s+ in terms of technology, play sandbox. :)

Just to briefly extend on this, I've determined that the problem isn't RO per se. It seems instead that my Realfuels install doesn't like engine configs, be they the RLA stockalike configs or the RO ones.

I'll follow your advice and do a clean re-install.

Ormi:

Your planes had some rotation issues with the gear, that's why they were veering off course. They were literally trying to go in two directions at once. I rotated them straight and lowered them a bit. If the slant is too high an angle on the runway, the front wheel tends to lose contact and put pressure on the rear wheels before you're ready to lift off. Combine that with the off-rotation, and it was causing you to lose control.

OqY1lTCl.pngzl7Rfw1l.png

The prop plane was also too heavy, carrying 44 days worth of fuel. I cut that down to seven hours. It's still a bit sluggish. Really like the designs though.

(sorry for hijacking the thread briefly.)

Craft Files

Ormi:

Your planes had some rotation issues with the gear, that's why they were veering off course. They were literally trying to go in two directions at once. I rotated them straight and lowered them a bit. If the slant is too high an angle on the runway, the front wheel tends to lose contact and put pressure on the rear wheels before you're ready to lift off. Combine that with the off-rotation, and it was causing you to lose control.

Thanks a lot ! I never thought to check the wheels... :confused:

Hi, I have a problem. :(

Is there a reason why my engines all turn off? I tried 3 times and it happened the exact same thing. Just little BEFORE my booster gets empty (after 2min about 35~45km), the booster engine AND the main engine turn off??

Its also before I separete, the boosters are ehtanol and the main engine is kerosine. there is just a decoupler bettween them. I installed all mods for realism overhaul, rss and rp0

Is there any reason why a running engine shuts down?

I'm just speculating; I'll ask Raidernick about it.

Grab-1, Transit-2a, Tiros-1 also have the solar panel module's removed from them within the same CFG file. I wonder if there was something else planned for them...

Edit: Disregard. RaiderNick fixed this 18 days ago in the Realism Overhaul repo. Checked the history

Edited by Trolllception

v10.4 for KSP 1.0.4

• Add configs for Launchers Pack (thanks to more hard work from Raidernick!)
  • Add Fregat, LK (Raidernick)
  • Update to support new RLA pack (thanks A1Ch1!)
  • Add support for NearFuture RCS (thanks CarlDent!)
  • Fix Baby Sergeant (VSR clone) plume.
  • Double the range of DSN stations..
  • Fix Australian DSN location (thanks joru!)
  • Fix RF tank description, tweak tank adds.
  • Add NK-15 and NK-15V configs to the BobCat Soviet Engines NK-33 and 43 (thanks SirKeplan!)
  • Set RemoteTech to hide groundstations occluded by Earth (no more phantom dots). Thanks pjf!
  • Add Surveyor Vernier engine (a small hypergolic throttleable engine). Thanks B787-300!
  • Add a crew tube to procedural parts (thanks Codepoet!)
  • Fix various solid fuel costs
  • Fix Derwent alternator issues (for now by removing the alternator)
  • Fix for RemoteTech and avionics (thanks to Peppie23/Dennis; needs latest RemoteTech release)
  • Support SXT He 111 cockpit (thanks Autochthon!)
  • Improve AIES and Starshine support (A1Ch1)
  • Support Taerobee pack
  • Improve engine plumes
  • Add (rescaled) Mk1 pod-sized LES
  • Fix Agena D interstage from FASA (thanks MalzM!)

Hi, I have a problem. :(

Is there a reason why my engines all turn off? I tried 3 times and it happened the exact same thing. Just little BEFORE my booster gets empty (after 2min about 35~45km), the booster engine AND the main engine turn off??

Its also before I separete, the boosters are ehtanol and the main engine is kerosine. there is just a decoupler bettween them. I installed all mods for realism overhaul, rss and rp0

Is there any reason why a running engine shuts down?

Like mentioned by others, check to make sure you have connection to the rocket. Also, make sure the electric charge has not run out on your avionics.

The problem with passing through the hub and through structural parts in direct contact with the module transition works.

Is that a fuel tank under that heavy command module? I don't believe that you can pass crew through those tanks.I believe you should be able to pass crew through that 6-way connector, but I'm not sure about passing through what looks to be a proc structural part between the hub and fuel tank.

Hi Andrey! I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what the problem is. Can you rephrase?

The problem is the movement of the crew through the procedural structural detail of a hub for connecting nodes.

The crew can not simply pass through them, but through the hub should be.

Problems such if there is a docking port on the item which I have to move.

Isn't the Sounding Rocket Avionics supposed to have.. you know.. Avionics?

No, early sounding rockets are meant to go straight up. They didn't have ANY control in the early rocket age, they were designed to simply go high and fast.

On the other hand, we really could use a later (higher tech) variant, that gives us a tiny bit of avionics, like up to 1t, has EC for 2-3 minutes and is relativelly cheap. Nathan, pretty please! :D

And oh, while we're talking sounding rockets... Could someone give me an advice on "sounding rocket (high)" contracts? Getting a sounding rocket up to 3Mm sounds pretty sick and requires a massive delta-V, i guess... Should these rockets go (mostly) straight up or a east-oriented launch profile would work better? I guess the latter...

Hi Andrey! I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what the problem is. Can you rephrase?

Connected Living Space goes wonky on procedural parts, i bet.

Edited by Rothank

Hello! I love realism overhaul, but I keep having a problem with reentry. I took a very shallow reentry (150kmx50-60km) and the craft kept blowing up and overheating around 90 km. The Mk1-3 capsule and heat shield just wasn't working for me... The capsule overheated high in the atmosphere every time.

Modlist:

XunzMAx.png

Video of the problem:

https://youtu.be/emtrUf3RW9Q

Any tips or help would be great!

so i'm having a problem loading my game with Realism ovverhaul installed with ckan. I have yet to get to the title screen yet, even avvfter sevveral hours of loading.

it will load till about 3/4 of the way complete and stop at "B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engine_Jet_Medium/part/B9_Engine_Jet_Pod_Medium" in the yellow loading bar, and "ModuleManager: 23019 patches loaded from cache" below it in white. I know the game hasn't frozen because the yellow filler text is still changing. but it's stuck this way every time i've tried to load KSP up. I'm not sure what the problem is, well besides my hardware i assume. Below is my laptop stats:

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.90 GHz

RAM: 8.00GB (7.47GB Usable)

I can provide more info if anyone could help me find it.

should i just delete that one engine/pod and see if that fixes my issue?

I'm having the same problem as JT with an even more shallow 80-90km reentry peri. I've built a probe with the heat shield (1m from basic survivability) wider than the tank and core above it. Just something that would complete the first reentry contract. My starting altitude was higher at 200-250km. The heat shield was showing an overheat bar when hitting around 110km that started at around 40% and may have gone to 60% or higher before the critical failures occurred. It also lost little ablator over this time. The critical failures happened with the tank and core above. The tank would start to overheat after the heat shield and then the core would heat up suggesting the heat was radiating from the heat shield (yeah, a problem). One time after losing the tank at around 80km the core managed to stay behind the heat shield a last a little while longer, but heat continued to conduct through until it too exploded.

Having watched an old NASA video I'm wondering do I need to offset for lift even with a tiny probe from low orbit?

Also what's with things getting hot just sitting on the pad? Its happening to me and I've seen it in Scott Manley's RO series.

Edited by Herrkurt

Andrey, as others have mentioned CLS will restrict what you can pass through. In the latest RO is included a procedural crew tunnel that you can use.

LadyAthena: I agree the name/description is misleading. It will be fixed for the next release.

Rothank: Yeah, noted. :)

What do you need control for though?

For 3,000km+, Castor-Altair will do it. Otherwise you'll need something like this (3 Baby Sergeant kick stages, spin-stabilized, atop a 5x upgraded-Aerobee-Sustainer core). Note how much lower the gravity losses are for the (high-TWR) solid version, on the order of a km/sec or more.

JT2227, Herrkurt: There appears to indeed be a problem with the Mk1-2 pod and the Deadly Reentry heat shield for it. Use the stock orangeish heat shield that says it's lunar-rated instead.

Regarding the pad, there's some bugs with 1.0.4 heating, and also bugs with how the gauges are calculated.

Elderon: Welcome to the forums, and to RO! :)

Please post your log (this thread will show you how). My guess is you might not have the right version of AJE installed, or are missing the Community Resource Pack.,

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29