[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Can you tell me how to put an output log in advance just in case, and also will using active texture management aggressive instead of default help it?

Go to KerbalSpaceProgram/KSP_Data/ and grab the output_log.txt, upload it to some filesharing website like dropbox, and post the link here.

I just did a whole launch, orbit and land mission with the new update. Needless to say, I am very pleased with this update.

One question, are Remote Tech and Engine ignitor updated for RO? I'm guessing they should work right away if they are updated to 0.90 but I could be wrong

RemoteTech juuuust updated, it'll likely be tomorrow before it installs via CKAN. Engine Ignitor is a different story, no idea how long that'll take.

That is where I downloaded it from... I am using the steam edition of KSP. I plonked the .exe file into the steam KSP folder and then launched it.

Strange indeed, is it replicable, or can you narrow it down to some particular action that crashes it? It's probably an issue with CKAN itself, perhaps you should post on their thread here

well the error pops up towards the end of the DOWNLOADING process.

I wonder. Should I try to download all the mods individually through CKAN and then do the installation through CKAN? Then it will have all the files cached?

hmm... it seems to fail at Custombiomes download part.

Where do I get the Custom biomes part listed? I tried using CKAN. Got 3 results for the same addon.

EDIT: It wasn't custombiomes. Seems to be related to CKAN

Edited by Hoaz

I downloaded everything in RO that was absolutely neccesary.
Where is the mod that converts stock and some mod engines into there IRL equivelents? I didnt install with CKAN, since I did not want the extra mods to manually delete and lengthen install time.

The mod you're referring to is this one, Realism Overhaul does all of that. We strongly recommend using CKAN, only the absolutely necessary mods are 'required' by CKAN, everything else can be unselected.

well the error pops up towards the end of the DOWNLOADING process.

I wonder. Should I try to download all the mods individually through CKAN and then do the installation through CKAN? Then it will have all the files cached?

Can't hurt, you could install one-by-one and see which one is crashing CKAN. You could also try clearing CKAN's cache (under settings), see if that helps resolve it. Maybe it got a bad download.

Got rid of a few large part mods, and degraded RSS textures, diddn't work. here is the log https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdvwdd9tcornfy3/output_log.txt?dl=0

Poking around in the output log, I'm seeing some funky stuff, probably not RAM. I'd suggest trying a few things:

• Delete everything in GameData (except the Squad and NASAMission folders) and reinstall RealismOverhaul (CKAN should expedite this process)
  • If that doesn't work, reinstall KSP completely (make sure the files are all deleted)

Something in your installation is crashing your graphics card, and things aren't being handled correctly.

@kaichorazewicz

That is a bug with the stock game, most likely. Certainly a known stock bug. Try this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78863-FIX-Dock-Undocking-Bug-in-0-23-5?p=1136991&viewfull=1#post1136991

I tried *both* of the solutions, and the docking ports still do not undock. It seems like a problem with the attachment node on the ports modified by RO as this bug did not occur in stock (tested with a clean install).

I tried *both* of the solutions, and the docking ports still do not undock. It seems like a problem with the attachment node on the ports modified by RO as this bug did not occur in stock (tested with a clean install).

An interesting predicament. I'll test it out myself when I get a chance (not sure when that'll be, family's in town and they're taking over my computer room.)

In the interim, have you tried docking ports added by other mods, or any other sizes of docking ports? It'd be nice to narrow down the extent of the problem. It's entirely possible that the problem was introduced with 0.90 (Assuming this is occuring in 0.90

Awesome! I'll add that to the OP, though I expect it'll be a bit before it supports CKAN installation.
I am sorry I should have tested this with RO prior to mentioning it's been updated. I'm not sure what is happening, but I can't seem to get RT working with RO installed. Issue I am seeing is that I can't seem to control any unmanned vessels. Not sure what changed (I'm clueless at configs) but like just putting an OKTO on the launch pad results in no control. (adding a DP-10 doesn't solve it)

So far RT is working fine in stock, so it is just something with the RO configs is my guess.

Happened to me. The problem is that CKAN doesn't install the Remote tech RSS config for some reason. You will have to get it from an older version. The lack of an RSS config makes it so the ground station is where it is in stock kerbin. Since you launch from florida, that is a big problem. If you aren't willing to wait, you could make a manned satellite deployment

Happened to me. The problem is that CKAN doesn't install the Remote tech RSS config for some reason. You will have to get it from an older version. The lack of an RSS config makes it so the ground station is where it is in stock kerbin. Since you launch from florida, that is a big problem. If you aren't willing to wait, you could make a manned satellite deployment
Ah! That makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much CB. :)

Docking ports getting stuck *IS* a stock bug and it's been with us for a very long time. You've just been fortunate enough not to have experienced it. The instructions Coldblade directed you to are VERY easy to get wrong if you have never had to fix your ports before.

An interesting predicament. I'll test it out myself when I get a chance (not sure when that'll be, family's in town and they're taking over my computer room.)

In the interim, have you tried docking ports added by other mods, or any other sizes of docking ports? It'd be nice to narrow down the extent of the problem. It's entirely possible that the problem was introduced with 0.90 (Assuming this is occuring in 0.90

This is in .25. I tested other docking ports, and they seem to work. However, on a different save, ALL ports work and can decouple. So, it seems to be a glitch with the save file. I'll try to create a new one and progress to where I was, to see if I can replicate the effects.

This is in .25. I tested other docking ports, and they seem to work. However, on a different save, ALL ports work and can decouple. So, it seems to be a glitch with the save file. I'll try to create a new one and progress to where I was, to see if I can replicate the effects.

I did the exact same thing, and managed to replicate the results. It seems it works on sandbox but not in career. Also, when I dock the two test capsules, the camera wildly pans out. Could this be linked to the problem?

EDIT: Found the problem. It seems to be the MK 1-2 Command Pod; all of the other pods can dock just fine.

Edited by kaichorazewicz

Alright, I seem to have fixed the issue. So it was probably something to do with the downloading. THough it did happen every single time when I tried to download the full thing. Anyway. After it had downloaded all the mods and crashed. I went back in and downloaded again (this time most of them had cached). It went through the install and it all worked fine... hopefully. I hope nothing is corrupt. But we'll see!

Likely a problem with the RSS RT config install package, should be an easy fix.

I'm working with the .90 version of RO and I'm getting a very peculiar error whenever the game tries to load any file that has an SRB.

When loading, the game will always freeze and cease to continue loading whenever it comes to a file from any mod that has SRB in it, anyone know how I could solve this?

EDIT: Same goes with all parts from RLA Stockalike

EDIT2: Same with ion engines

Edited by CapCornsnack

I'm working with the .90 version of RO and I'm getting a very peculiar error whenever the game tries to load any file that has an SRB.

When loading, the game will always freeze and cease to continue loading whenever it comes to a file from any mod that has SRB in it, anyone know how I could solve this?

EDIT: Same goes with several parts from RLA Stockalike

Hrm, can you post an output log? That's unexpected, I've not seen anything like that in my testing.

Hrm, can you post an output log? That's unexpected, I've not seen anything like that in my testing.

Sorry for the stupid question I'm about to ask, but how does one find the output log? My game doesn't seem to be producing one in the KSP folder like it usually would when the game crashes. I would assume because my game just stops loading parts completely, but is still trying to.

Sorry for the stupid question I'm about to ask, but how does one find the output log? My game doesn't seem to be producing one in the KSP folder like it usually would when the game crashes. I would assume because my game just stops loading parts completely, but is still trying to.

Not a stupid question, you can find it in KerbalSpaceProgram/KSP_Data called output_log.txt

A different question regarding the crashes.

My game is constantly running practically at the top memory limit so that random parts load textureless random crashes happen and things of that sort and even small natural memory oscillations can cause a crash. The problem is it seems that I can not affect this in any way for some reason. I am using the aggressive texture management release and tried to switch to the forced OpenGL. The memory usage just does not decrease. At least that is what is happening currently. What is wrong with it?

What else can help reduce the memory usage?

What is the name of the texture conversion utility that was mentioned a couple of times here? Will it help with the memory? Will it help fix the blank texture parts?

Why did not OpenGL mode help?

Thank you!

Edited by Kitspace