[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Just want to check something real quick. It used to (.25 and before) take me about 9400dV to get into orbit with a final velocity of ~7300@130K. Now it takes me 10KdV with a final velocity of nearly 7800@130K.. It this a botched install or do other people see this as well?

9.4 km/s delta-v is right, and still works. A velocity of 7300 m/s at 130 km on the other hand is something I have never seen. Ever since I first launched RO back in 0.23 the orbital velocity in low Earth orbit has always been almost 8 km/s. Perhaps you were not switching from surface velocity to orbital velocity in the past? 7300 would be about right for surface velocity.

Well, something was wrong before, then, since circular orbit velocity at 130km is about 7.8km/s. However, 9300 is about right for launch delta-v. Perhaps you're not flying an optimal ascent trajectory?

Ok, my bad... I looked at my notes and suddenly realized that I used to play the 10xKerbol config :)...

I am definitely not flying an optimal trajectory because I am playing the RP-0 - Realism Overhaul and I am launching a satellite with 1958 technology. My TWR for the second stage is very low, but it is the only rocket config I could find that would keep me below the 18t weight limit.

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, but I'm having an issue with Real Solar System and the Realism Overhaul: Everything will load up until I get to the main title screen and Real Solar System attempts to implement the textures and meshes and whatnot. The Real Solar System loading box will stop at "wrapping scale mesh" for Moho, and will not proceed further. My game continues to run in the background (It doesn't freeze or crash, and therefore there is no error output). I have tried re-installing from scratch and I get the same issue. I do not think this is a RAM issue due to there not being a crash or freeze, and I've also attempted to re-download RSS in case it was corrupt. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ok, my bad... I looked at my notes and suddenly realized that I used to play the 10xKerbol config :)...

I am definitely not flying an optimal trajectory because I am playing the RP-0 - Realism Overhaul and I am launching a satellite with 1958 technology. My TWR for the second stage is very low, but it is the only rocket config I could find that would keep me below the 18t weight limit.

What is 10X Kerbol config? Is it 10x the size? Or 10X... well I don't know... :P Anyway... What is it. If it kerbal size, where do I find it? :P

What is 10X Kerbol config? Is it 10x the size? Or 10X... well I don't know... :P Anyway... What is it. If it kerbal size, where do I find it? :P

10x Kerbol is the opposite. It's the Kerbin system scaled up by a factor of 10 (to roughly real life sizes, to make planetary densities sane).

10x Kerbol is the opposite. It's the Kerbin system scaled up by a factor of 10 (to roughly real life sizes, to make planetary densities sane).
Ah cool.

Oh also, is there a way to minimize the planets? They are too big for me atm. I like all the mods, but it feels pointless when I can only reach orbit :P I want to start easy (with the mods).

I tried downloading all the mods but the big planet mod for a clean version of KSP. It didn't work very well. Nothing was optimized and tweakscale did not work very well a lot of things were messed up. So I am turning to you, is there a way to remove/disable the big planet add-on?

Ah cool.

Oh also, is there a way to minimize the planets? They are too big for me atm. I like all the mods, but it feels pointless when I can only reach orbit :P I want to start easy (with the mods).

You could try one of the alternative configurations for Real Solar System in its main thread here. I suggest you start with 3.2X, then 6.4X and then 10X for a good progression.

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this, but I'm having an issue with Real Solar System and the Realism Overhaul: Everything will load up until I get to the main title screen and Real Solar System attempts to implement the textures and meshes and whatnot. The Real Solar System loading box will stop at "wrapping scale mesh" for Moho, and will not proceed further. My game continues to run in the background (It doesn't freeze or crash, and therefore there is no error output). I have tried re-installing from scratch and I get the same issue. I do not think this is a RAM issue due to there not being a crash or freeze, and I've also attempted to re-download RSS in case it was corrupt. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm afraid this is a RAM issue with 99% probability. However, just to make sure, please upload your output log to dropbox, google drive or some similar website and share it here. And yes, you do have an output log, even if there is no crash. KSP always produces one, but it keeps it in the KSP_Data folder if there is no crash. It's called output_log.txt.

Ah cool.

I tried downloading all the mods but the big planet mod for a clean version of KSP. It didn't work very well. Nothing was optimized and tweakscale did not work very well a lot of things were messed up. So I am turning to you, is there a way to remove/disable the big planet add-on?

There is certainly no way to play Realism Overhaul with smaller planets, as it was created specifically to make playing with large planets possible. You can however play stock-sized game with selected realism-increasing mods, that's what I used to do before switching to full-size RSS. You will probably want to install Ferram Aerospace Research, Deadly Reentry, Real Chutes and TAC Life Support, perhaps also Remote Tech if you like the concept, plus one of the alternative RSS configs, as per ZaPPPa's suggestion. Add Real Fuels + Stockalike Engine Configs if you pick one of the larger sizes (x6.4, for example), otherwise it's unnecessary (and possibly overpowered).

First thing's first: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I'm looking for a bit of help with a problem (details below).

Description: When a new vessel is loaded to be launched, there is no staging and no crew. Staging icons will appear when one item that theoretically could be staged is right-clicked and activated via its respective context menu. The stage icons will then load all into on stage, but still cannot be staged via space-bar.

Attempted solutions:

1. Reload game. Issue persists.

2. Clean reinstall w/ same save file. Issue persists.

3. Clean install w/ new save file. Issue persists.

4. Remove Kerbal joint Reinforcement (read that it causes a similar issue). Issues persists.

This is on all vessels of all size and shape. Screenshot of a loaded vessel below for context:

nMlPSRR.png

Log is below. Let me know if there's anything else I've missed (never posted a 'bug' report before). Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq3xyqiy5pi5puh/output_log.txt?dl=0

There seems to be a collision between Realism Overhaul and Stock Part Revamp regarding the Mk1-2 Pod and RCS Build Aid.

RCS Build Aid doesn't recognize the Pods RCS thrusters anymore. I also have SXT installed (if that changes anything).

I also have a problem with the standard Apollo LES system attached to the Mk1-2 capsule. The capsule always starts spinning, no matter the orientation of the LES…

Edited by mecki

Ah cool.

As mentioned prior, you can always download an alternate config for RSS, but RealismOverhaul is designed with the assumption that you'll be flying from a planet about the same size as earth. You'll find everything will be a fair bit overpowered, and it'll be far too easy to reach orbit on smaller worlds.

First thing's first: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I'm looking for a bit of help with a problem (details below).

Description: When a new vessel is loaded to be launched, there is no staging and no crew. Staging icons will appear when one item that theoretically could be staged is right-clicked and activated via its respective context menu. The stage icons will then load all into on stage, but still cannot be staged via space-bar.

Attempted solutions:

1. Reload game. Issue persists.

2. Clean reinstall w/ same save file. Issue persists.

3. Clean install w/ new save file. Issue persists.

4. Remove Kerbal joint Reinforcement (read that it causes a similar issue). Issues persists.

This is on all vessels of all size and shape. Screenshot of a loaded vessel below for context:

http://i.imgur.com/nMlPSRR.png

Log is below. Let me know if there's anything else I've missed (never posted a 'bug' report before). Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq3xyqiy5pi5puh/output_log.txt?dl=0

That is quite an interesting issue. Poking through your log, when the game unpacks EU-'ASTARTES', it looks like there's some kind of graphical glitch, or other issue that causes your graphics card to lock up temporarily. Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

Other than that, what I'd suggest is checking to see if the issue exists in stock. If not, add a few mods in at a time and see which one causes the staging to disappear, and report the issue to the mod owner, perhaps with logs so they can see what's throwing the error.

There seems to be a collision between Realism Overhaul and Stock Part Revamp regarding the Mk1-2 Pod and RCS Build Aid.

RCS Build Aid doesn't recognize the Pods RCS thrusters anymore. I also have SXT installed (if that changes anything).

I also have a problem with the standard Apollo LES system attached to the Mk1-2 capsule. The capsule always starts spinning, no matter the orientation of the LES…

Well, SXT is next on my list of mods to go over to make sure everything's up to speed. I'll check through there, and see if there's anything funky going on. My only other advice is try hitting alt+x to zero out any trim you may have set, as that'll induce a roll like you're seeing.

That is quite an interesting issue. Poking through your log, when the game unpacks EU-'ASTARTES', it looks like there's some kind of graphical glitch, or other issue that causes your graphics card to lock up temporarily. Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

That's harmless. Ignore it.

What happened is: That's where he alt-tabbed out of the game. The renderer fails and logs errors until he tabs back in. Doesn't happen with OpenGL or if you are in windowed mode. It's not really a big deal though.

Edit:

THIS is most likely the cause of the problem. Still have to work further back to see what happened to the Cupola, but this is a bad place to have this sort of exception happen. It interrupts everything that was supposed to happen after and it prevents the vessel from initializing.

Cannot find InternalPart 'cupolaInternal'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddInternalPart (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.CreateInternalModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.AssembleForLaunch (.ShipConstruct ship, System.String landedAt, System.String flagURL, .Game sceneState, .VesselCrewManifest crewManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edit #2:

It compiled only the Spaceplane cockpit internal (after compiling the props). It skipped over all squad Internals and anything else that might have internals....

Edited by Starwaster

What happened is: That's where he alt-tabbed out of the game. The renderer fails and logs errors until he tabs back in. Doesn't happen with OpenGL or if you are in windowed mode. It's not really a big deal though.

Yeah, I have run in both OpenGL and unforced. Neither has caused me issues previously, so I'm not sure. Doubt it's this though.

Other than that, what I'd suggest is checking to see if the issue exists in stock. If not, add a few mods in at a time and see which one causes the staging to disappear, and report the issue to the mod owner, perhaps with logs so they can see what's throwing the error.

Drivers are up to date. I hadn't tried individual mod loading, and I forgot to post a list of mods (sorry about that, forgot it helps). I MAY have the culprit nailed down in terms of mods causing it; I'll update here when done. I had it working just now, then it reverted.

EDIT: Fixed the problem. Was my own stupidity in borking the core files. No problem with the mod or RO itself. Sorry to be a bother!

Edited by Capt-Coulson
FIXED.

Edit:

THIS is most likely the cause of the problem. Still have to work further back to see what happened to the Cupola, but this is a bad place to have this sort of exception happen. It interrupts everything that was supposed to happen after and it prevents the vessel from initializing.

Cannot find InternalPart 'cupolaInternal'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.
at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddInternalPart (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.CreateInternalModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.AssembleForLaunch (.ShipConstruct ship, System.String landedAt, System.String flagURL, .Game sceneState, .VesselCrewManifest crewManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edit #2:

It compiled only the Spaceplane cockpit internal (after compiling the props). It skipped over all squad Internals and anything else that might have internals....

Good to know! I wonder if that means that he's got Raster Prop Monitor installed, and that's throwing issues?

Yeah, I have run in both OpenGL and unforced. Neither has caused me issues previously, so I'm not sure. Doubt it's this though.

Drivers are up to date. I hadn't tried individual mod loading, and I forgot to post a list of mods (sorry about that, forgot it helps). I MAY have the culprit nailed down in terms of mods causing it; I'll update here when done. I had it working just now, then it reverted.

Cool, yeah, if it's reproducible let us know so we can point people in the direction of your solution if anyone runs into this again.

can someone help plz it keeps crashing on me after each flight when it tries to load the space center here is the out log https://www.dropbox.com/s/enxmkt13sva8138/output_log.txt?dl=0

o yea i tried reinstalling and still happens i even deleted the tanks from the parts mod for more room.

Edited by romie

I had the same issue. What I did, isntead of getting the 8k by 4k texture "pack" for realism, I went with one step below. It worked fine. No issues. The 8k by 4k would work if you were to play the 64 bit version (which supports more RAM). The 64 bit version, however, is quite bugged and will not start if you have all those mods installed (I've tried).

Hey all... I was on here the other day and notice some questions about ships/launching and whatnot...I created a thread to help people that need help actually playing in RSS/RO.. I seem to have a lot of free time lately and wanted to do something semi productive with it. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105200-RSS-RO-Questions-with-craft-transfers

Hello guys, I want to get back to Kerbal and I've always used this mod, which btw I thank you for all the continued work throughout the months. In the past I've used this mod with KIDS with mostly good results, but I'm wondering if this is still possible.

So for someone like me who doesn't want to use RSS, is KIDS still a good working replacement? Does anyone have any experience with the recent releases of both mods?

I realy like the realism features, but I realy dislike the larger planets(to me it takes away from the kerbal feeling etc), surely there must be a way to find a solution for this?

I came across this mod called CoolRockets and saw that it also has RSS support. Basically it adds the visuals of the vapor of cryogenic fuel and also ice breaking off the rocket upon lift off. I just thought I would share this so maybe it can be added to the 'Suggestions' list of mods.

Cheers!