[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

As a reminder to everyone offering to help out, (WHICH IS AWESOME) there's an IRC channel for realism overhaul, see the OP for the info (under contributing).

I'll be on there in the evenings, and potentially on my phone during the day, though not reliable so. Feel free to drop in and ask for help, or make suggestions, or what have you.

Hello.

Sorry if I actually did not understand this bit correctly but does the original post say that reaction wheels do not consume electricity?

I always thought that it is one of the big features of the mod that it solves the reaction wheel cheat problem?

If that is the case currently I would like to know where to fix it and most likely do it.

Thank you!

Hello.

Sorry if I actually did not understand this bit correctly but does the original post say that reaction wheels do not consume electricity?

I always thought that it is one of the big features of the mod that it solves the reaction wheel cheat problem?

If that is the case currently I would like to know where to fix it and most likely do it.

Thank you!

If you're referring to the FAQ TL;DR, that's a negative. They still use electricity, but real life reaction wheels build up momentum (You can only spin a wheel so fast before it either breaks apart, or your motor can't spin it any faster) and have to dump it using RCS thrusters. That's what the magical bit refers to.

It stop loading here even with stock textures... :(

http://i.imgur.com/wiEfc1g.png

Strange, sounds like a 'running out of memory' problem. To check if that's the case, either relaunch the game with task manager up and watch to see if ksp.exe is hitting close to the 4gB mark, or upload your output_log.txt (instructions in the OP, it's in the KSP_DATA folder)

i dont get compatibility with KW rockerty... all parts with -NO RO :S

any idea ?

Also strange. Did you delete your old Realism Overhaul folder and replace it with the new one? Because if not, all the old KW (non-RO) configs will still be there and cause problems. To fix, either re-install after deleting RealismOverhaul, or just delete the KWRocketry (and other supported mod) configs from the REWORK folder.

Strange, sounds like a 'running out of memory' problem. To check if that's the case, either relaunch the game with task manager up and watch to see if ksp.exe is hitting close to the 4gB mark, or upload your output_log.txt (instructions in the OP, it's in the KSP_DATA folder)

Also strange. Did you delete your old Realism Overhaul folder and replace it with the new one? Because if not, all the old KW (non-RO) configs will still be there and cause problems. To fix, either re-install after deleting RealismOverhaul, or just delete the KWRocketry (and other supported mod) configs from the REWORK folder.

Daze: I've the exact same issue.. stop at Moho vertex_heightmap loading... ONLY if start the game from CKAN gui

Felger: Thanks mate !! Fixed the KW Rocketry .. deleting the ":NEEDS[!RftS,!RealFuels_StockEngines]" from RO KW_engines cfg... deleting RP-0 and RftS folders for the other KW parts (Fuels, fairing, etc)

The FASA Apollo command module needs roll authority. Without it reentry in descent mode will only result in a fiery death.

Agreed, it should have it via RCS. Checking over the config file it looks like it's already got RCS thrusters imbedded. Have you tried with RCS on?

I would like to recommend that Snjo's Hangar Extender v2.0 be added to the "recommended" list. I can't build at the scale that Realism Overhaul creates for me without it. Last I checked, it works in KSP 0.25.

Good suggestion! I'll add it to the OP.

FIY, RealEffects is out in addon dev.

Awesome! Link here for anyone interested.

Daze: I've the exact same issue.. stop at Moho vertex_heightmap loading... ONLY if start the game from CKAN gui

Felger: Thanks mate !! Fixed the KW Rocketry .. deleting the ":NEEDS[!RftS,!RealFuels_StockEngines]" from RO KW_engines cfg... deleting RP-0 and RftS folders for the other KW parts (Fuels, fairing, etc)

That's because the Reaching for the Stars pack, and the RealFuels Stock Engines pack both conflict (overwrite) the Realism Overhaul configs. If you're using either of those packs, they're not doing you any good, since RealismOverhaul will overwrite those configs when you load up the game. (Alphabetical order, Realism Overhaul comes last)

If you want to get rid of the non-RO tag, but continue to use the RFTS or RF-SE configs, just add %RSSROConfig = True to the RFTS or RFSE config for the engines you're using.

Checking over the config file it looks like it's already got RCS thrusters imbedded. Have you tried with RCS on?

It does have rcs, but it is only significant for yaw and pitch. its roll thrusters have about a tenth the power of the other ones.

It does have rcs, but it is only significant for yaw and pitch. its roll thrusters have about a tenth the power of the other ones.

Yep, I found the best thing was to ignore the descent mode, align the capsule with the service module before decoupling and use RCS just for pitch, at 3.5 degrees AOA the capsule re-enters fine.

As far as I could see using RCS build aid, it has no roll at all.

Yes, we are. Might be worth discussing this with DennyTX, so that the next Saturn V could have that fixed.

Also, could you update the link to Soviet Engine Pack?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

Here's the link to RealEffects release:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100519-Real-Effects-An-FX-mod-for-Realism-Overhaul-DEV

Yes, we are. Might be worth discussing this with DennyTX, so that the next Saturn V could have that fixed.

Also, could you update the link to Soviet Engine Pack?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81754-Release-BobCat-Ind-Space-Planet-products

Here's the link to RealEffects release:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100519-Real-Effects-An-FX-mod-for-Realism-Overhaul-DEV

Wait, holy mackerel, did Soviet engines actually get updated? Awesome! Yeah, I'll get to that this weekend sometime. Excellent news on the realeffects, can't wait to try it out in game!

As an aside, the first image in your post doesn't seem to be showing up.

In which one? I don't have that problem. In BobCat thread, it's not even my screenshot. :) It's BobCat's one that I reposted (it's the case with many of them, really). It works for me.

Not much of an update, just changed some scales (which RO reverts, anyway) to fit with stock sizes. But they're now uploaded to a convenient location.

In which one? I don't have that problem. In BobCat thread, it's not even my screenshot. :) It's BobCat's one that I reposted (it's the case with many of them, really). It works for me.

On the real effects page, this image isn't showing on my end: http://postimg.org/image/3ldy5pd61/

Not much of an update, just changed some scales (which RO reverts, anyway) to fit with stock sizes. But they're now uploaded to a convenient location.

Cool, that's good to know, thanks for checking that out for us!

Just to let you know, I'm now finalizing Proton configs. I've done both BobCat and OLDD ones. Later I'll probably get back to RealEffects, implement some tweaks, maybe add LazTek and Proton (perhaps also Soviet Engines, if I'm in a mood for doing all this kerolox :) ). I'll slowly begin to add Soviet Pack rockets, as well as anything that happens to duplicate them (so, Raidernick's R-7s and OLDD N1 are going to get done when BobCat's versions will).

Also, a reminder to anyone interested in doing NovaPunch. I'd be really grateful if the Freya was remade as CST-100 and not as a generic spacecraft.

I've never posted on the KSP forums before, despite having used them for more than a year, but I finally have need of assistance from those who are greater and space-ier than myself. I have three separate .24 RSS/RO saves, one for .23.5 and another for .23, but despite making tons of custom installs and even patching other mods to act like RSS using some good guesstimates, I can't for the life of me figure out how to properly install .25 RO 7+

Every single configuration I've tried has failed at the same point. No matter what mods I have installed, the loading screen always hangs when it gets to the same place - "ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB/ProceduralSRBFuels"

I have no idea what to do to fix it. I've tried deleting a few things, or adjusting some lines of code, but I've made about half a dozen fresh installs of RSS/RO 7+ and they only worked once, but the version that mysteriously worked just as mysteriously broke as soon as I installed KW, and remained broken after I removed KW. If anyone can help I'd be super grateful.

I've never posted on the KSP forums before, despite having used them for more than a year, but I finally have need of assistance from those who are greater and space-ier than myself. I have three separate .24 RSS/RO saves, one for .23.5 and another for .23, but despite making tons of custom installs and even patching other mods to act like RSS using some good guesstimates, I can't for the life of me figure out how to properly install .25 RO 7+

Every single configuration I've tried has failed at the same point. No matter what mods I have installed, the loading screen always hangs when it gets to the same place - "ProceduralParts/Parts/ZOtherMods/RFSRB/ProceduralSRBFuels"

I have no idea what to do to fix it. I've tried deleting a few things, or adjusting some lines of code, but I've made about half a dozen fresh installs of RSS/RO 7+ and they only worked once, but the version that mysteriously worked just as mysteriously broke as soon as I installed KW, and remained broken after I removed KW. If anyone can help I'd be super grateful.

An output log would be very helpful to help diagnose the issue, you can find it in KSP_Data/output_log.txt, or if the game crashed it'll be in the crash folder created.

It sounds like some part isn't finding the right resource or something, but the output log will help narrow that down.