[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Having the same issue, for me, the mk1 and mk1-2 pods are like some points :P

EDIT: Btw, the remote tech center is at the middle of south america for me, and there are no launch sites there. Is there any patch for RT?

Anyway, everything else seems to work flawlessly :)

Edited by tajampi

The sizes seem to be off. Like fire the saturn I am well into the third stage before I come close to orbit. Mercury comes nowhere near suborbital. Gemini doesnt come close to orbit. Everything just seems small. Idk like I said it might just be me. I haven't used FASA and RSS/RO in a while. Also I know what I am doing. I have used RSS and fasa for a while it just seems different.

That's a bit bizarre, perhaps try re-installing both FASA and RO? I haven't seen that behavior in a while.

TAC Life Support has been updated for 0.90 as of a few days ago; the "[]" can be removed from it in the listing in OP.

Good deal! I'll get that removed.

Will B9 Pwings be compatible with RO?

Original Pwing is really hard!

It should be compatible, just marked as non-RO. Next release will mark them specifically as RO compatible.

Initially I'd be looking at damage to Kerbals and Probe cores from radiation exposure. I suspect it could be expanded to heating and transmuting other parts as well. Could add an extra dimension to career, as you begin to unlock in place annealing and the like. That would be a bit further down the line, as I'm still learning the KSP API ATM though.

I've played with intestellar a bit, but didn't really like it, but I was planning on looking at the source code.

Though my initial thoughts were to have a base "background radiation" level for space and adjust that with fall off maps when near to bodies (so it can be attenuated by atmosphere, and accumulated in van allen belts). Parts (like NTRs) would be point sources, so I'm assuming they could be handled as calculating a vector between origins, ray casting to see if any shadow shields are in the way, and attenuating the source strength by the vector magnitude (inverse square) and total shielding level.

The best thought I had for tracking Chronic and Acute exposures was to implement a "radiation" resource, "Rad-hardness" would dictate what percentage of radiation received is stored, and the counter would tick down over time to simulate the bodies repair of the damage.

It's not 100% real, but I think that mechanism would be a good balance for game-play/implementation.

This sounds awesome! We'd love to include something like this in our recommendations list. If you'd like help you should drop into our IRC channel (details in the OP), I'm sure we can give you some pointers and whatnot.

I want to report a possible typo in the RO_Laztek_Launch.cfg file namely the LazTekFalcon9EngineHousing mass modifier.

It says @mass = 21.16 which I'm 90% sure should be something less like @mass = 2.116

Yep, you're very probably right. I'll get that fixed in the next release.

Hey, I don't have any screenshots (as, you know, i'm too lazy to take one) but for some reason the capsules are all bigger then the normal (which they're supposed to be, right?), but the Rockomax Parts stay the same, and almost anything else except for the ARM parts aren't sized up. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hey, I don't have any screenshots (as, you know, i'm too lazy to take one) but for some reason the capsules are all bigger then the normal (which they're supposed to be, right?), but the Rockomax Parts stay the same, and almost anything else except for the ARM parts aren't sized up. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

That`s completely nominal, just use Procedural Parts.

It seems that cryo fuels boil off during construction time when using KCT.

So by the time my rocket is ready to launch, all my LOX is gone. That seems like it's probably a bug. I shouldn't have to use cryo tanks for first stages using kerolox, should I?

Anybody else encounter this?

Also, now that I have the VSR models, it seems that the AJ10 and some other parts are missing attachment nodes.

Edited by mossman

Is it possible to make RCS tweakscaleable again? For example, i removed code that removes tweakscale module from some RCS thrusters but they aren't tweakscaleable anyway. Are there some other files that remove tweakscale module from RCS thrusters?

It seems that cryo fuels boil off during construction time when using KCT.

So by the time my rocket is ready to launch, all my LOX is gone. That seems like it's probably a bug. I shouldn't have to use cryo tanks for first stages using kerolox, should I?

Anybody else encounter this?

Also, now that I have the VSR models, it seems that the AJ10 and some other parts are missing attachment nodes.

You need pumps. FASA's launch clamps work fine for this. Those pumps will keep the tanks cooled and topped off while KCT is building it. A few times I have gone to launch and the tanks were empty, which is a bug but it doesn't happen very often and I can't seem to reproduce it. However those few times they have been empty I just fast forwarded time for them to fill back up. Down side of when that has happened is I has to spend twice as much on fuel and I should have. Once in VAB and once when refilling after building. But that is a very rare thing. Vast majority of the time if I have the FASA pumps on there, there are no issues with cryo fuels.

I dont know if this is normal or a bug, but it seems, the ground is now pure death for my planes.

every time I try to land out side of KSC, my plane goes throu the ground and is instantly vaporized....no matter how soft I land...(try a less then -1/ms super soft landing at 180 MPH)

You need pumps. FASA's launch clamps work fine for this. Those pumps will keep the tanks cooled and topped off while KCT is building it. A few times I have gone to launch and the tanks were empty, which is a bug but it doesn't happen very often and I can't seem to reproduce it. However those few times they have been empty I just fast forwarded time for them to fill back up. Down side of when that has happened is I has to spend twice as much on fuel and I should have. Once in VAB and once when refilling after building. But that is a very rare thing. Vast majority of the time if I have the FASA pumps on there, there are no issues with cryo fuels.

So stock launch clamps don't do the trick? That's a bummer.

Know how to fix it so that they do?

I posted a few pages back with a question about Remotetech, and NK gave me a very thorough answer(thanks, Nathan!). I`ve been experimenting to help myself understand it better, but I`ve mostly got it down. However, I do have another question:

Almost all of the ground stations have a 7.5E+7 (75Mm) range. Is there any particular reason why Goldstone, US has a 5E+11 (50Gm!) range?

I posted a few pages back with a question about Remotetech, and NK gave me a very thorough answer(thanks, Nathan!). I`ve been experimenting to help myself understand it better, but I`ve mostly got it down. However, I do have another question:

Almost all of the ground stations have a 7.5E+7 (75Mm) range. Is there any particular reason why Goldstone, US has a 5E+11 (50Gm!) range?

Goldstone is the main deep space station for NASA. They also have stations in Spain and Australia but Goldstone is the big one. The big one for the USSR was in Crimea. Edited by BevoLJ

Does anyone know if the wird behavior of the RealChute stack chutes case's nodes is a bug in RO or in RC?

There always is a gap between the case and the part that it gets attached to first.

I tried to install this using CKAN. It says everything is installed, but when I play, this is what the KSP looks like.

gV7cUyw.png

This is the list of installed mods from inside the game:

KSP: 0.90 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.5f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 1.16

Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.14.6

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.1

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Procedural Parts - 1.0.2

RealChute - 1.2.6.3

RealismOverhaul - 7.0.4

RealSolarSystem - 8.5

RemoteTech - 1.6.2

TextureReplacer - 2.2.5

I note it doesn't list any of the "recommended" mods, although I selected them all for install.

Also, the planets have been moved, and I assume resized, but none have new textures.

Hey guys. I just installed everything via CKAN.exe on a fresh .90 install. Every time I launch the game it gets stuck here and the damn cat will just blast across the monitor (i let it sit for 20 minutes with no progress):

0T9hvZW.jpg

If i remove that file it loads, but then i can ad fuel to anything or load the tank gui.

any ideas?

AblSLlJ.jpg

DR2Oh1r.jpg

Edited by Strikeeagle345

ETA: Removed old info.

All of the liquid fuel tanks, antennas, Goo Modules and decouplers seem to be the right size, but the Mk 1 pod, the Mk1 Lander Can, and the Thiokol SRBs are double sized (you have to scale the fuel tanks up to 2.2 meters to make them the same size as the Mk1, which is only supposed to be 1.25 meters wide)... and this thing installs so many mods, I wouldn't even know how to figure out what the problem is.

Also, I tried to transmit in flight and it gake me the "no comms on this vessel" error, even though I have an antenna.

Starting to think this whole mod has major issues.

Edited by RocketBlam