[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

I think there is a bug in Realfuels; sometimes, my first stage gets almost emptied for some reason. Go to the vab, empty your first stage, "refuel it" then try again.

Thanks, after removing adding back the tanks it now shows the same ~1100 m/s on the pad.

Well, try as I might my probes keep running out of power on the way to the moon. Which was weird so checking it it looks like my batteries are running down even if solar panels are providing more power than the probe needs. Is this a known issue or am I getting something obvious wrong?

Are you sure you have included the electricity consumption of your antenna(s) in your estimates?

Yeah. I'm also checking based on the live read out, which is showing that I have surplus energy, but the batteries are still discharging. I've just created a couple of test rigs, and it seems like that the ST1 Solar Panel reports that it's providing power, but isn't.

The rig is five panels, each reporting an energy flow of 0.01, and a probe core drawing 0.02, for a spare capacity of 0.03. The resources readout shows --0.03 discharge, but the batteries still run down.

I've tried something similar with ST2's (using half as many, since they provide ~2x the power) and they appear to provide the expected power and recharge the batteries.

ETA:

It makes no sense to me though, since I assume the only difference between the ST1 and ST2 panels is the config file, could there be some rounding that rounds the ST1 to 0 because it's so low?

Edited by Citizen247
Added Stuff

Strikeeagle345: I will need you to provide the output_log.txt file. Please see here for details.

Regarding the ST1, was reported a bit back and I kinda forgot to check it. Sorry folks. Yes, KSP clamps resource transfers when they're too low, it may be running afoul of that.

And yes, there's a RealFuels <-> KCT interaction bug regarding boiloff. For now, defuel your LV in the VAB (tweak the cryogenic fuel amounts to 0), and add launch clamps. Once you get to the pad, enable pumps on the clamps. Wait for tanks to refill, then launch.

....just like real life, actually. :]

Edited by NathanKell

Hi guys, I have a quick question. Is it possible to disable liquid oxygen from evaporating when the rocket is at the launch site? This is kinda annoying if you are trying align your orbital plane with the target's orbital plane by time-warping.
Use the pumps on the FASA launch clamps.

Regarding the ST1, was reported a bit back and I kinda forgot to check it. Sorry folks. Yes, KSP clamps resource transfers when they're too low, it may be running afoul of that.

That's a relief, I'm not going completely nuts (yet (debatable)).

Since I've now unlocked the st2 and my meticulously laid out LEO commsat network (in a pretty pentagon) uses the st1, I might bump up the st1 a bit to see if they start working.

I assume you know about the planes falling through the runway issue? I did finally get a plane in the air, only to find it had serious unrecoverable Mach tuck issues. Lucky for jeb I have the ejector/Eva parachute mods...

Should probably remember to check far dialogues before launching aircraft...

Edited by Citizen247

I must say....thank god I know how to screw around with game files, (dident have a clean ksp when I installed this...in fact far from it)

and progression was...well odd, (I use RP-0)...I was doing all the sounding rockets missions with just solid fuel, ha not easy, because I didn't have any small liquid engines..ever, or any ullage simulation, (got to 250,000 with a solid only, sounding, *fist pump*) later learned that sense I had stockalike RF, engine configs in the game folder, it was seriously hampering my progress,(large aj-10, no arobee engines, no ullage sim, no marlin engines, ect) removed said mod and now I can have some real fun. :D

A word of advise for anyone wanting to use this....INSTALL IT FRESH! don't do it the hard way like me. ;P

- - - Updated - - -

No problem. I'm sorry to say (and apologetic to you, since the failure is mine) that when I hear "hey, my parts are weird sizes now" for the nth time, despite us trying to point out in the OP and guides that, well, that's what this mod does, it makes me a bit snippy. Which you don't deserve.

Just don't then point out how the engines and tanks don't match, k? :]

(Engines, too, are resized to match real counterparts--use proc interstages and proc tanks.)

he he....I just dive under the hood and start ripping things out....he he I have stock sized docking ports and pods..:P, im a mod mangler yes

he he....I just dive under the hood and start ripping things out....he he I have stock sized docking ports and pods..:P, im a mod mangler yes

You do realize that this makes DRE reentries exponentially harder? (smaller area = lower deceleration)

So I made a Seadragon config for THIS

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Made in accordance with astronautix specifications It wont perform well enough to launch the proposed payload, but its pretty fun to launch and has a low part count.

Try using PP tanks and see how much payload you can squeeze out of the big dumb booster.

DOWNLOAD

Just a quick question! I'm having trouble with the Procedural Fairings Thrust Plate, it keeps overheating on launches. Is there any way to increase the max temp of the thrust plate?

I tried going in the RO install folder and adding

@PART[KzThrustPlate]

{

@maxTemp = 1700

}

But that didn't seem to change anything. Any ideas?

If it doesn't have RSSROConfig = true added to it, that maxTemp will get nuked.

Citizen247, KSP makes all resource gain/losses of type ALL_VESSEL fail if the amount is < 1e-5 per physics tick. That means 0.02 * stated charge rate * panel_exposure must be > 1e-5. Sounds like it's not.

As for the runway thing--dang, I knew about the issue with the terrain far away from KSC, but now the runway has that problem too? Yikes. Can anyone else confirm? I haven't seen that one myself.

I noticed that the Apollo Command Module's heatshield does not have any "ablative" protection. Because of this the capsule explodes and everyone dies every time I re-enter. Is there a way i can add ablative armor?

If it doesn't have RSSROConfig = true added to it, that maxTemp will get nuked.

Citizen247, KSP makes all resource gain/losses of type ALL_VESSEL fail if the amount is < 1e-5 per physics tick. That means 0.02 * stated charge rate * panel_exposure must be > 1e-5. Sounds like it's not.

As for the runway thing--dang, I knew about the issue with the terrain far away from KSC, but now the runway has that problem too? Yikes. Can anyone else confirm? I haven't seen that one myself.

Got it working!!! Thanks for the help, any ideas for super bendy rockets (Using struts, and Kerbal Joint Reinforcement)?

Also! To roman, is this the FASA pack you're speaking of?

Edited by JT2227

Yes it's the FASA pack, but I fixed it by adding ablative armor to the part. Now the only problem I can see with FASA is the Lunar Module Adapter and fairing, which don't attach properly to the Apollo spacecraft.

Edited by romanasul

Hi guys, I just installed this pack along with real plume and smokescreen, but nothing has changed with the exhaust trails. They all still look like standard ksp size. I did notice though that the SLS engines had from orange to the blue flame, something that I thought was part of hot rockets, but I don't have that installed. Is there something else I need to get it working?

I have an odd issue that I cannot seem to fix. I will put my output log and pictures of the problem and my gamedata folder at the end of this post. For some reason in my current game, the Mark 1-2 Command Pod does not have the correct resources. Something is not working with the RO_Squad_Command.cfg MM config file, specifically the ModuleFuelTanks config does not seem to be applying to the Mark 1-2 Command Pod. (see attached pictures for what is showing up). The rest of the config seems to be working for the pod however, the RCS thrusters, the moduleRCSFX, The TAC lifesupport converter, and the COM changer all seem to work.

One thing that I noticed is that the RO_Squad_Command.cfg is missing

!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]
{
}

in the Mark 1-2 Command pod section. Adding that bit of code did remove the monoprop from the pod, but it did not fix the issue. Not sure if this is a issue anyways

This is a manual install, I made sure that I had the most recent versions of Realism Overhaul, RealFuels, TAC, Ven's, and Module Manager. I deleted the Modulemanager cache files in my gamedata folder and restarted KSP.

My guesses are maybe Ven's isnt getting along well with Realism overhaul, or maybe some .cfg I edited a long time ago is giving me problems, maybe SDHI is giving me issues, or maybe I screwed up something. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Everything else seems to be working just fine for me, so if I can't fix this issue its not that big of a deal. Thanks in advance.

Edit: It works on a clean install. I'm gonna give CKAN a shot.

Edited by Rabada

Got it working!!! Thanks for the help, any ideas for super bendy rockets (Using struts, and Kerbal Joint Reinforcement)?

Bendy Rockets?

I have found that even with my large craft( I made a rocket that went to mars and back and landed using a rocket that is only about 50% larger than a Saturn V) that there are not usually any problems when using procedural interstages for decouplers. The only time struts should ever be needed is for super bendy wings and strapon side boosters. Although They can be also useful for keeping those huge LH2 tanks for NTRs from wobbling on their fairings. How big is your rocket?