[Collection][0.15-0.16] PowerTech v0.2.6

Alchemist

ok me i dont know how i tried how recharging metode but where i get it the module and you have a panel for try ? i want to make work with zoxygene 0.6 eps battery just can you make a download for the module and or a panel for eps ? pls thx for reading and sorry for bad gramma i speak medium english and i thing i want to know how to leveling me rank ?

The Zoxygene recharge panels - PowerTech edition give me a 'not available in this version of KPS' message, what I do?

First, did you install the plugin?

Second, for these panels to work with ZO2 0.6/EPS 0.1 use this config

// ZO2/EPS Solar Panel PowerTechEdition
//

// --- general parameters ---
name = ZO2PowertechSolarpanel
module = EPS_SOURCE_Spanel_PowerTech
author = l00 || Alchemist

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = ZO2pwr.DAE
scale = 0.1
texture = ZO2pwr_tex.png
specPower = 0.1
rimFalloff = 3
alphaCutoff = 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 500
category = 3
subcategory = 0
title = EPS Powertech Solar panel
manufacturer = Green Power for Home and Camping Inc.|| PowerTech
description = A very fragile Solar Panel for powering systems that need Electricity, and to charge Batteries... Upgraded by PowerTech, the deployable panel will automatically turn itself to the Sun.
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_attach = 17.32, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.175
dragModelType = override
maximum_drag = 10.0
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 5
crashTolerance = 3
maxTemp = 3400
explosionPotential = 0.1
breakingForce = 1
breakingTorque = 3

// --- EPS Panel ---

MaxPwrGain = 0.018

MaxOverload = 1.5
panelInitRot = 0.5

doubleSidedPanels = true
NightGlide = true
RotatingPanels = true

// --- PowerTech animation ---
movingParts=2

mPartNumber=0
animName = Segment1
animrange1 = 90
animaxis1 = 0, 0, -1
animaxis2 = 1, 0, 0

mPartNumber=1
animName =Segment2
animrange1 = 180
animaxis1 = 0, 1, 0
animParent = 0
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config

Hey Alchemist,

Any plans regarding making PowerTech PartModular with the new system?

Actually, I\'m working on the new iConfigNode-based animation configuration system that will have some new features (including several smart rotation modes). Then there will be PartModule version of the panels based on this system (the system will also be added to the old parts, but with preserving the full backward compatibility). And maybe something more...

Check my previous post. There\'s updated config for it.

Alright so being a retard I have no idea what to do with the config. Do I copy paste that config and replace what\'s inside Powertech.dll?

EDIT: I mean the Soyuz Solar Panels that deploy (which look awesome), if I use the updated config will they work or do I have to do something else to make them work?

Hello Alchemist

First, congratulations for this mod. It's fun!! Specially with Zoxygene mod.

I think one thing. Is it possible to "electrify" other non-powersat o non-zoxygene parts?

For example, make the Advanced SAS or any station modules (KOSMOS or TankCrew or ExPI) requires electricity to operate and spent electricity or just spent electricity even symbolically.

Many parts could spend energy and other parts could provide energy. I think would be interesting to edit the parts we wanted to do spendthrifts power or suppliers of energy.

Have you thought of this?

Ciao!!

Edited by MOhon

Both l00 and I have been working on more options for energy in KSP independently, I'm just finishing my generator/reactor part module, making everything consume energy will probably come with the next EPS version by l00.

The Zoxygene recharge panels - PowerTech edition give me a 'not available in this version of KPS' message, what I do?

This is exactly what happened to me after I changed the .cfg file.

Also, I would like you to have a look at this thread on the subject of synergizing the electrical power plugins:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/16632-Request-Synergize-all-the-Electrical-Power-plugins

For some reason I can't get the Soyez panels to give me power. I am having the same problem with the VB panels. Some panels I got form mechanical mouse are working just fine for charging batteries and powering ion engines, am I missing something? I think I installed all the necessary plug-ins, otherwise I dont know how mechanical mouse would be working.

Even if I've been largely ignoring the comsat system, the simple things that the satellites do once released really add a sense of achievement to putting a payload into orbit. Unfortunately my warm, fuzzy feeling has been ruined by my shuttles slamming into the dirt on landing attempt in both missions that I've put one up in orbit.

Sorry for the question but what do I need to press for them to fold in the VAB and unfold in space?

If they aren't folded in VAB, you most likely forgot to install files in PluginData/powertech folder

Even if I've been largely ignoring the comsat system, the simple things that the satellites do once released really add a sense of achievement to putting a payload into orbit. Unfortunately my warm, fuzzy feeling has been ruined by my shuttles slamming into the dirt on landing attempt in both missions that I've put one up in orbit.

That was the idea: I was thinking what to start with (a test vehicle for animation and attitude control) and I remembered the old good commsat. It had couple issues and I decided to fix them - however attaching new panels to it seemed not a very good idea, so I modeled my own satellite

I see Alchemist as left for a bit, but quick question to the community: Is it possible to attach the satellite to a structure such that it remains attached when activated? I would like for it to work its orientational magic on an orbital station I have build so it remains properly oriented for “docking†maneuvers.

Failing that, is it possible to apply the powertech code to a ship such that my non active station will orient of its own accord? If so how may I go about accomplishing that?

Thanks!

You could just use mechjeb to orient it towards the body it's orbiting.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but having used MechJeb for some time I have never noticed it being able to function while you do not have that craft as your “active†(controlled by the player) craft. PowerTech functions while the craft is not the “active†craft.

I would like to have my station maintain its orientation during its orbit while I fly another craft to “dock†with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.