The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Awesome tool!

Anyway, I have found a problem: Current release crashes when trying toi install FAR:

Ausnahmefehler: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "D:\Pr

ogramme\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Ships\SPH\English Electric L

ightning.craft" konnte nicht gefunden werden.

bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,

Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions

options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boole

an useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,

FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean

bFromProxy)

bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,

FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)

bei CKAN.ModuleInstaller.CopyZipEntry(ZipFile zipfile, ZipEntry entry, String

fullPath, Boolean makeDirs)

bei CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallModule(CkanModule module, String zip_filename

)

bei CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install(CkanModule module, String filename)

bei CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList(List`1 modules, RelationshipResolverOpti

ons options)

bei CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Install(InstallOptions options)

bei CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

This is an awesome tool! I've been looking for something like this for ages now. I'm used to yum, apt-get, npm and gem (and yes, even cpan) et al, so this fits like a glove.

True dat! The only downside is that I lost count of how many times I type "ckan update" in my git working directories and "git update" when I am actually at home, trying to refresh my game :blush:

On the other hand.... Maybe I should add "ckan pull" as an alias to "ckan update", just to confuse people a tiny mit more :)

@FinnishGameBox/TheGatesofLogic: What Ippo means is that these aren't normal windows EXE's, they are .NET framework ones. If you're on mac, you'll want to download mono from http://www.mono-project.com/download (The MRE), if you're on linux, you'll want to install it from your package manager (apt-get install mono-complete on debian and ubuntu).

Then you open the exe with mono :)

How I open it with mono? :P

How I open it with mono? :P

You can do it from a terminal window using

mono ckan.exe

Also, check this out this post by ola:

Oh yeah, and another thing: since I'm on OS X, I've added the following to ~/.profile:

alias ckan='mono ~/bin/ckan.exe'

which will let you open ckan just by typing "ckan" on the terminal. IMPORTANT: you will have to modify the path "~/bin/ckan.exe" so that it points to where you have put the file you have downloaded (although ~/bin/ is definitely a good choice for a folder where to put ckan).

Hello, I have downloaded CKAN and then I put it in my KSP directory. But when I run it, it opens and in a milisecond it closes right away... Im not really sure what seems to be the problem. Any help?

Hello, I have downloaded CKAN and then I put it in my KSP directory. But when I run it, it opens and in a milisecond it closes right away... Im not really sure what seems to be the problem. Any help?

You probably downloaded the stable version, that doesn't have the GUI. You will either have to use it through the command line interface, or use the *experimental* __unstable__ version that also has the GUI.

Awesome tool!

Anyway, I have found a problem: Current release crashes when trying to install FAR:

Ausnahmefehler: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades "D:\Programme\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Ships\SPH\English Electric Lightning.craft" konnte nicht gefunden werden.

It looks like you had an older version of FAR installed, and while the files in GameData were removed, the ships were not. CKAN will never ever overwrite existing files. I'm not sure which version you're using, the newer ones should provide a more helpful error message if they try. Solution: remove the old ships that were installed with FAR and try again.

Hey there. Not a programmer or anything so I hope this is the right place for this. Using v1.1.2-0gb8f64db (Unstable).

Using the GUI

If you select FASA AND FASA Launch Clamps and Towers, the Changeset tab disappears. Select either of them individually and it reappears.

Thanks for the tool, love it!

Thank you for all the hard work. You will save, just personally, hours of hunting/configuring and stress headaches for each new save. This is certainly high on the list most useful mods available. It is my hope that 10 years from now people will still play this game, and it'll develop it's own following like the heady days of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Total Annihilator. This utility may make that even more possible. Thank you.

Just a quick note, v1.2.0-PRE1 aka Ergosphere has been released. This contains a lot of bugfixes to the GUI, and supports the new metadata v1.2 standard, which some mods require to install correctly. This is still a pre-release, so we know it's got some bugs, but they should all be relatively minor ones.

As always, you can get it from our release page, which also has changelogs and pictures you can click on to learn more about space. :)

Hey there. Not a programmer or anything so I hope this is the right place for this. Using v1.1.2-0gb8f64db (Unstable). Using the GUI. If you select FASA AND FASA Launch Clamps and Towers, the Changeset tab disappears. Select either of them individually and it reappears.

Try grabbing one of our newer releases. The older GUI versions would recognise when there's a conflict, but wouldn't tell you what the conflict was. The newer ones should be much better at this. (I'm guessing that FASA already includes the launch clamps and towers, so installing them both at the same time would cause overwrites.)

~ Paul

Try grabbing one of our newer releases. The older GUI versions would recognise when there's a conflict, but wouldn't tell you what the conflict was. The newer ones should be much better at this. (I'm guessing that FASA already includes the launch clamps and towers, so installing them both at the same time would cause overwrites.)

~ Paul

Yes, that was me introducing the "conflicts" markup between "FASA" and "FASALaunchClamps" as the former already includes the two clamps. ( https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/145 ).

Iam trying to run ckan on ubuntu and I keep getting

"Unhandled Exception:

System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.DefaultLoggerFactory+LoggerImpl..ctor (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.DefaultLoggerFactory.CreateLogger (ILoggerRepository repository, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy.GetLogger (System.String name, ILoggerFactory factory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy.GetLogger (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.Core.LoggerManager.GetLogger (System.Reflection.Assembly repositoryAssembly, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.LogManager.GetLogger (System.Reflection.Assembly repositoryAssembly, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.LogManager.GetLogger (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.DefaultLoggerFactory+LoggerImpl..ctor (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.DefaultLoggerFactory.CreateLogger (ILoggerRepository repository, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy.GetLogger (System.String name, ILoggerFactory factory) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.Hierarchy.GetLogger (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.Core.LoggerManager.GetLogger (System.Reflection.Assembly repositoryAssembly, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.LogManager.GetLogger (System.Reflection.Assembly repositoryAssembly, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at log4net.LogManager.GetLogger (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

"

I have installed the mono runtime in the software center. edit: resolved, why couldnt it just get all the mono files it needed when I downloaded he runtime?

Edited by Bender222

hey I am having an odd problem.... I can do one launch fine bet the next time I try I have some really odd game brakeing glitches... its like the bug that I had with launching form the any but the default lauch site in RO... am not sure what is causing it I thought it might have been dds texters for RSS but that does not seem to be it, https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsvelfc3w0yqkuc/output_log.txt?dl=0 there is my output log and If you need any more info or can narrow down my problem mod so I will atleast know where to go for more support... thank you for your help and sorry of this is the wrong place to go for help with my issue

It looks like you had an older version of FAR installed, and while the files in GameData were removed, the ships were not. CKAN will never ever overwrite existing files. I'm not sure which version you're using, the newer ones should provide a more helpful error message if they try. Solution: remove the old ships that were installed with FAR and try again.
Ahh, yes, thank you. Did a clean reinstall and now it works. :-)

Sorry if this has been asked (I browsed the thread but there are a lot of comments): Some mods like FAR and B9 come with sample craft, but CKAN doesn't seem to install these. Is that a limitation of CKAN or just the way the mod was added to the repository?

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of getting Universal Storage to be CKAN compatible, or rather Felger set it up for me, but I want to go though it myself so I understand it.

I'm hosting on KerbalStuff so have followed the code to get all the details from that, but I have a question and a problem.

Question:

DO I have to generate a fresh CKAN file every time I release a new version? NETKAN has pulled the version number and other information from Kerbal Stuff, but that's then coded into the CKAN file, so it wouldn't appear to update automatically.

My Problem is I also want to include the AVC checker but when I add it into the NETKAN file I get an error on compiling. UniversalStorage.NETKAN is below.

If anyone can help it would be hugely appreciated.

{
"spec_version" : 1,
"identifier" : "UniversalStorage",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/250",
"author": ["Paul_Kingtiger","Dashi"],
"license": "restricted",

"depends": [
{
"name": "USITools"
},
{
"name": "ModuleManager"
}
],

"suggests": [
{
"name": "KAS"
},
],

"install": [
{
"file": "PartCatalog",
"install_to": "GameData",
"comment": "PartCatalog Data for Universal Storage"
},
{
"file": "UniversalStorage",
"install_to": "GameData"
}
],
}

Complete noob to mod installation in any game here. I am a Mac user, and am unable to run ckan.exe because, well, I'm on a Mac. How do I go about this?

Hey there, we've already got you covered in the FAQ :)

hey I am having an odd problem....

It's unlikely that this problem is caused by CKAN, since it just puts the files where the author wants them (in fact, both Nathan and Felger are actively helping us refining the instructions). Maybe you should take the issue to them, remember to specify you installed via CKAN.

Hi guys

Hey Paul :)

Question:

DO I have to generate a fresh CKAN file every time I release a new version? NETKAN has pulled the version number and other information from Kerbal Stuff, but that's then coded into the CKAN file, so it wouldn't appear to update automatically.

No, you don't: the next time you make a new release on kerbalstuff, our bots will notice and automatically produce the new ckan file :)

My Problem is I also want to include the AVC checker but when I add it into the NETKAN file I get an error on compiling. UniversalStorage.NETKAN is below.

What's the issue exactly? If you have a github account, an issue would be the best tool to help you out. :)

Sweet pretty cool, from my point of view it mainly needs a GUI (in the stable version of course) and proper OSX support. Now before anything is mentioned about how it it is made/powered by mono, CKAN won't work as described. I have figure out how to open CKAN with terminal but doing 'ckan.exe <command>' does not work and comes up with '-bash: ckan.exe: command not found'. This seems really cool but now this is just teasing me with it being able to only get to the title screen. It appears that KSP installers may not be usable on Macs. I guess this is just a small price to pay with owning an OSX. Ippo, I am not yet ready to call 'Dangit' yet. This is still new and I can expect marvellous things, wonderful things. I must now say goodbye, my friend (that I have never met, talked to or anything.)

Goodbye, and at least the majority of KSP players can enjoy this.