The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

I am back! Ippo, I apologise for my incompetence in my above paragraph. I finally tried the über obvious 'mono ckan.exe <command>' not 'ckan.exe <command>' and it appears to be working! THIS IS AWESOME!!! (I did need all the caps). Thankyou!

Edit: Looks like you beat me to it! Thanks though!

Don't forget to rep pjf too, he deserves all of it.

I may have launched the CKAN, but it's the amazing team who are putting it into orbit. Finding that all the answers on the thread have been answered, all the pull-requests on github reviewed, or the bug reported last night has been fixed are all making my day, and very much making our users' days. Thank you all so much!

~ Paul

A few problems here. Running 1.2.0 RC2.

1) Can't run it on Mac. Running it using Mono will result in a process launching and then not doing anything. Verbose mode give the last command it's stuck on so if you want I can provide that info (not on a Mac atm so can't do it right away)

2) On Windows it does launch but fails to install some mods. Basically trying to install B9 will result in the following log:

About to remove:

Done!
About to install...

* B9 R5.2.6 (cached)

and that's it. Nothing will actually happen and if there are any mode mods further down the queue (like B9 dependencies) they will fail to install too. It does not matter if I'm installing from a cached version or downloading a mod from scratch. Running from command line trying to install FAR (another one failing to install) produces the following results:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part
of the path 'Z:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Ships\SPH\English E
lectric Lightning.craft'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, I
nt32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions o
ptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolea
n useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.CopyZipEntry(ZipFile zipfile, ZipEntry entry, String
fullPath, Boolean makeDirs)
at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallModule(CkanModule module, String zip_filename)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install(CkanModule module, String filename)
at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallList(List`1 modules, RelationshipResolverOptio
ns options, NetAsyncDownloader downloader)
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Install(InstallOptions options)
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

And indeed, my Ships directory is missing since I delete it 'coz I don't use any stock or mod-provided ships. It looks like if any of the expected directories are missing the install will fail (silently in case of GUI).

3) Some mods (notably Kerbal Alarm Clock) will fail to install due to 403 error from the mod repository

I finally downloaded the "unstable" GUI client and played around with it today (1.7.1). I like it! Just some minor things I'd like to report though:

1. In Windows 7, 64-bit, default theme: The pop-up windows asking me to confirm/cancel are only showing 1 pixel height of the confirm/cancel buttons. They're mostly hidden under the bottom of the window. If the winder were at least resizable, I could get to them. If I double-click the top-edge of the window, it maximizes, and then I can see them. If I know which button is which, I can click them without maximizing, but it's only about 1-pixel high. :)
  2. The first update I tried to do, downloaded the mods and said it was successful, but they didn't appear in GameData. I had to go through and re-click all of the mods I wanted, and then it actually worked on the second try.

But overall, this will make keeping the mods up to to date SO MUCH EASIER. I'll probably use this from now on.

Hey there :)

Can you please try to reproduce this when you are on a Mac and give us more details?

The missing ships directory is most likely an oversight on our part: we did not think that some users might have a missing Ships folder intentionally :)

The 403 problem is actually a different issue: when you download too many mods from github, github will cut your connection. If you try again a second time it should work. We are aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Just a quick question-- How often does CKAN check for new versions of the mods on KerbalStuff? I'm noticing the last few days there are quite a few people still downloading the previous version of my SpaceY mod instead of the new version, and this is the first time I've seen that behavior, so I'm assuming it's CKAN users, since that's the new variable in this equation. :)

Just a quick question-- How often does CKAN check for new versions of the mods on KerbalStuff? I'm noticing the last few days there are quite a few people still downloading the previous version of my SpaceY mod instead of the new version, and this is the first time I've seen that behavior, so I'm assuming it's CKAN users, since that's the new variable in this equation. :)

Hey, the bot updates everything once an hour. The increased downloads of older versions you're seeing are actually requests from our bots that got wrongly counted as downloads (oops). Anyway, a fix has been applied to KerbalStuff so this shouldn't happen anymore.

I have had an error whilst downloading the Realism Overhaul pack. I will copy/paste here what I posted on the RO forums.

I am a bit of a noob with CKAN but whenever I go to install RO in the same way i would install a normal mod with dependencies with CKAN (which does work) it puts me through this never ending loop of deciding the RSS textures and the TACLS configs. I use a mac but it looks like this:

Myname-MBP:KSP_osxRSS mynamefull$ mono ckan.exe

Myname-MBP:KSP_osxRSS mynamefull$ mono ckan.exe install RealismOverhaul

Too many mods provide RSSTextures. Please pick from the following:

* RSSTexturesDDS2048 (Real Solar System Textures DDS - 2048 x 1024)

* RSSTexturesDDS4096 (Real Solar System Textures DDS - 4096 x 2048)

* RSSTexturesDDS8192 (Real Solar System Textures DDS - 8192 x 4096)

* RSSTextures2048 (Real Solar Stem Textures - 2048 x 1024)

* RSSTextures4096 (Real Solar Stem Textures - 4096 x 2048)

* RSSTextures8192 (Real Solar Stem Textures - 8192 x 40960

Myname-MBP:KSP_osxRSS mynamefull$ mono ckan.exe install RealismOverhaul RSSTextures(Insert the number, DDS or not (I have tried all of them but the 8192 kind for both due to the fact that Macs cannot handle them))

Too many mods provide TACLS-Config. Please pick from the following:

*TACLS-Config-RealismOverhaul (TAC Life Support (TACLS) - Realism Overhaul Config)

*TACLS-Config-Stock (TAC Life Support (TACLS) - stock config)

Myname-MBP:KSP_osxRSS mynamefull$ mono ckan.exe install RealismOverhaul TACLS-Config-(Stock or RealismOverhaul)

Too many mods provide the RSSTextures. Please pick from the following:

And the cycle continues... I have done this using all variations minus the 8192 textures. This includes me doing the cycle with EVERY OPTION in one go/page on terminal (Choosing DDS2048 & TACLS RO, DDS2048 & TACLS Stock, DDS4096 & TACLS RO etc.)

What am I doing wrong or is there a problem (other than my skills with CKAN as I learnt it the previous night with help from the lovely Ippo)?

Thanks in advance

Final part that was not included in the RO forums part, would this loop be caused by RO or CKAN?

Thanks

I have had an error whilst downloading the Realism Overhaul pack. I will copy/paste here what I posted on the RO forums.

Oh yeah don't worry, this is an easy mistake to make.

You might have noticed that each time you give a command, you are effectively restarting ckan completely with a new set of commands. Therefore, it cannot remember you chose a specific package for RSSTextures between call: you need to provide them at the same time:

mono ckan.exe install RealismOverhaul RSSTextures4096 [COLOR=#333333]TACLS-Config-RealismOverhaul

Append more packages as needed, or if you are feeling adventurous, the GUI makes many operations a lot easier :)

The CLI should ask the user to select one of the depending modules.

You should make a ticket on github with the feature request :)

However we are nearing v1.2, which will introduce the GUI for stable releases and thus we expect the CLI to become of secondary importance :)

Hey, the bot updates everything once an hour. The increased downloads of older versions you're seeing are actually requests from our bots that got wrongly counted as downloads (oops). Anyway, a fix has been applied to KerbalStuff so this shouldn't happen anymore.

Ahah! That makes sense. Awesome, thanks.

Regarding problems running CKAN on a MAC:

There is a closed bug report for this already: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/380

NOTE to MacOSX Users: There is a known issue with the latest official release of MONO (3.10.0) which prevents the CKAN GUI from functioning. There is an unofficial patch.

Someone please put the above on the main forum page and GitHub!

Thanks.

Edit: It seems the FAQ mentions this issue, although the problem summary could be improved - CKAN with GUI appears to hang, then after awhile it dumps a System.EntryPointNotFoundException.

Edited by mdosogne

New to ckan. I am receiving an error when using "ckan.exe update" via CLI (see below). Also, in the GUI I dont have any mods to chose from and updating from the repository does not seem to work. Any ideas?

Unhandled Exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error convertin

g value "Diazo" to type 'System.String[]'. Path 'author', line 5, position 20. -

--> System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to Sy

stem.String[].

at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value,

Type initialType, Type targetType)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue,

CultureInfo culture, Type targetType)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(Json

Reader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type ta

rgetType)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(Json

Reader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type ta

rgetType)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInte

rnal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty mem

ber, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Obje

ct existingValue)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValu

e(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract

containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object tar

get)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(

Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty m

ember, String id)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(Js

onReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Js

onContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object exis

tingValue)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInte

rnal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty mem

ber, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Obje

ct existingValue)

at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(Jso

nReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type

objectType)

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, Jso

nSerializerSettings settings)

at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSeriali

zerSettings settings)

at CKAN.CkanModule.from_string(String json)

at CKAN.Repo.Update(String repo)

at CKAN.MainClass.Update(UpdateOptions options)

at CKAN.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

So, I just tried this on a clean install directory. I went through my entire list of installed mods.

Most were there, but the following aren't:

LoadOnDemand

KSPRC - v 0.1.9 "Kerbal Space Program Renaissance Compilation (Curse)

Mission Controller (on Kerbalstuff)

ACT (Active Texture Management)

Glow Strips

Hotrockets Community Cfgs (Hotrockets IS supported, just not this)

JeffersonFlights Stock-Like RCS Block

KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion (available on Kerbalstuff)

Radial Engine Mounts

RCS Sounds

SmartParts

Strategem

Is there anything I can do to help get these supported?

Thanks in advance.

Hey!

I'm on a MAC and I have the latest versions of Mono (the 3.10.0.31 Hotfix) and CKAN (v1.2.0-PRE2) installed.

However, I'm having two weird errors:

When I change the folder of where the can.exe lies, I'm getting an error every time I try to execute a command:

[1] ERROR CKAN.KSP (null) - Could not open KSP readme.txt

When I try to do "upgrade" I'm getting the certificate error:

104 [1] ERROR CKAN.KSP (null) - Could not open KSP readme.txtDownloading updates...

Downloading https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/archive/master.zip

Oh no! Our download failed with a certificate error!

If you're on Linux, try running:

mozroots --import --ask-remove

on the command-line to update your certificate store, and try again.

When I did a "mozroots --import --ask-remove" for the first time, the certificates where downloaded. However, I'm still getting the error…

Any help available? Thanks!

It's not working for me on Ubuntu. I already did the mozroots --import --ask-remove thingy, and certificates were imporrted, however ./ckan.exe update results in:

mono ./ckan.exe update

Downloading updates...

Downloading https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/archive/master.zip

Unhandled Exception:

CKAN.UnsupportedKraken: JSIPartUtilities v0.2 requires CKAN v1.2, we can't read it.

at CKAN.CkanModule.FromJson (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.Repo.UpdateRegistry (System.Uri repo, CKAN.Registry registry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: CKAN.UnsupportedKraken: JSIPartUtilities v0.2 requires CKAN v1.2, we can't read it.

at CKAN.CkanModule.FromJson (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.Repo.UpdateRegistry (System.Uri repo, CKAN.Registry registry) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0