The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Is there any way to have it write a list of mods which are currently displayed, to a file? for example, if I would want to get a complete list of the installed mods, i'd filter by installed and the save it

Thanks

Hi, from the GUI there's no way at the moment, I'm afraid. You can (kinda) do it from the CLI though:

mono ckan.exe list > modlist.txt

will write the list of installed modules to that text file. Not exactly what you are looking for, I know, but still pretty close :)

I got the failed to connect to repository when I tried to run the old version. Updating to the new version fixed it for me.

Alas, we've found a bug whereby older clients will barf on some forms of new metadata, even when they *should* ignore them. We've diagnosed the issue, and I'm working on a fix, but alas this won't help with the existing clients, so it's recommended everyone upgrade to v1.5.0.

~ Paul

Hi,

I just updated CKAN to v1.5.0.0 from v1.3.6 i think, after updating I went into the settings and Cleared Cache because it was giving me "failed to connect to repository".

Now after I refreshed it I do not get the error but all my mods are listed as "AD" under Installed tab, How do I bypass this and force CKAN to download these again, as I now cannot update mods anymore with CKAN.

Thank you for help.

Hi, from the GUI there's no way at the moment, I'm afraid. You can (kinda) do it from the CLI though:

mono ckan.exe list > modlist.txt

will write the list of installed modules to that text file. Not exactly what you are looking for, I know, but still pretty close :)

That command is for OSX and Linux. For others who may ask the Windows command is:

ckan.exe list >modlist.txt

Also (for others who may ask), you need to be in the directory of the install you want the list of.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi,

I just updated CKAN to v1.5.0.0 from v1.3.6 i think, after updating I went into the settings and Cleared Cache because it was giving me "failed to connect to repository".

Now after I refreshed it I do not get the error but all my mods are listed as "AD" under Installed tab, How do I bypass this and force CKAN to download these again, as I now cannot update mods anymore with CKAN.

Thank you for help.

I'm on CKAN v1.3.6 (with KSP 0.25) and I have the same problem. (I'm on Linux and yes, the "mozroots --import --ask-remove" command doesn't solve the issue).

EDIT: I just recompiled CKAN from git and now it works

Edited by h3ron

I'm trying to install Procedural Dynamics Procedural Wing with ckan and I get the following:

About to remove:

Done!

About to install...

* ProceduralWings v0.9.3 (cached)

The following inconsistecies were found:
ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing2/model.mu, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing2/model000.png, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing2/part.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing2/Thumbs.db, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing2endcap/model.mu, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing2endcap/model000.png, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing2endcap/part.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing2endcap/Thumbs.db, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing3/model.mu, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwing3/part.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingAllMovingSurface/model.mu, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingAllMovingSurface/model000.png, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingAllMovingSurface/part.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingAllMovingSurface/Thumbs.db, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingB9/model.mu, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingB9/model000.png, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingB9/part.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingB9/Thumbs.db, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingSPP/part.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingSPP/procWings.png, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingSPP/pwingspp.mu, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/DYJproceduralwingSPP/Thumbs.db, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/procedural_ControlSurface_1/model.mu, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/procedural_ControlSurface_1/model000.png, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/procedural_ControlSurface_1/part.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/procedural_ControlSurface_1/Thumbs.db, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/procedural_ControlSurface_SH_4m/model.mu, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/procedural_ControlSurface_SH_4m/model000.png, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/procedural_ControlSurface_SH_4m/part.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/procedural_ControlSurface_SH_4m/Thumbs.db, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Parts/pWings-DRE.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/Plugins/pWings.dll, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
* ProceduralWings wishes to install GameData/ProceduralDynamics/PWingsSettings.cfg, but this file is registered to ProceduralDynamics
Error!

Current issue I am having is that it is not pulling the latest version of MechJeb (latest is 2.4.2, CKAN Showing 2.4.1 as latest), Firespitter (6.3.5 vs 7.0) and Editor extensions (2.3 vs 2.4)

I'm adding the latest MechJeb manually. I'm not sure why it hasn't noticed EE2.4 yet since it's on KS.

As for firespitter, where did you find v7.0? The latest release on KS is still 6.3.5.

Any chance CKAN will highlight new mods that it picks up on a refresh? Any chance it will let us know when it has been updated soon? :D

Chance, yes. Deadline? Not yet :)

I'm trying to install Procedural Dynamics Procedural Wing with ckan and I get the following:

Hi, could you please post the output of your "ckan list" ?

Hey guys, is there a procedure to include Mods with MIA maintainers into CKAN? There's a nice little Mod called ActionGroupManager which allows you to update Action Groups during flight. The Mod author hasn't been heard from since February 2014, but with a trivial patch and a recompile, the mod is fully 0.90-Compatible.

Would be a shame if people would miss it from the CKAN repo.

Hey guys, is there a procedure to include Mods with MIA maintainers into CKAN? There's a nice little Mod called ActionGroupManager which allows you to update Action Groups during flight. The Mod author hasn't been heard from since February 2014, but with a trivial patch and a recompile, the mod is fully 0.90-Compatible.

Would be a shame if people would miss it from the CKAN repo.

I see that mod is licensed under WTFPL: you could make that trivial patch + recompile and upload to kerbalstuff so that we can index it :)

Hi, could you please post the output of your "ckan list" ?

I could do that, but I'm not going to :P

No I'm not being an ass, it's just that doing "ckan list" helped me solve the issue.

when KSP updated to 0.90 I'd just deleted my mods and not removed them via ckan's command line, so when I did ckan list I saw a nice bunch of things like this:

X ProceduralDynamics v0.9.1

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you what that means.

So, using the command line ckan remove to get rid of the ones marked with a nice big X and then trying to install again fixed the issue.

Adding some functionality to the GUI version to warn users of old/incompatible mods might be a good idea though so please consider this suggestion in future versions.

Just as a note, if anyone else has had it, I have noticed if you que up too many mods or updates at once, it will break CKAN, but if you do it just a couple at a time, it will work fine for the same selection in the end.

I'm adding the latest MechJeb manually. I'm not sure why it hasn't noticed EE2.4 yet since it's on KS.

As for firespitter, where did you find v7.0? The latest release on KS is still 6.3.5.

AVC says it's on 7.0

Just as a note, if anyone else has had it, I have noticed if you que up too many mods or updates at once, it will break CKAN, but if you do it just a couple at a time, it will work fine for the same selection in the end.

I have notices the same.

Also wilest updating the database i get this message.

It proably failed downloading something but what?

Onverwerkte uitzondering: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Het doel van een aanroep heeft een uitzondering veroorzaakt. ---> CKAN.BadMetadataKraken: Install stanzas must have a file and install_to
bij CKAN.ModuleInstallDescriptor.DeSerialisationFixes(StreamingContext like_i_could_care)
--- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
bij System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
bij System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
bij System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
bij System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract.InvokeOnDeserialized(Object o, StreamingContext context)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.OnDeserialized(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Object value)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
bij Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
bij CKAN.CkanModule.FromJson(String json)
bij CKAN.Repo.UpdateRegistry(Uri repo, Registry registry)
bij CKAN.Repo.Update(RegistryManager registry_manager, KSPVersion ksp_version, Uri repo)
bij CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Update(UpdateOptions options, RegistryManager registry_manager, KSP current_instance, IUser user)
bij CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

AVC says it's on 7.0

You are right, it does: however, curse, KS, github and the forum all have the 6.3.5 release at this moment, unless I'm dumb. Could you please link me the 7.0 release?

I have notices the same.

You are both hitting this bug, I'm afraid. Fix coming soon. :)

Also wilest updating the database i get this message.

It proably failed downloading something but what?

Uh, a translation might help me a little :P However this appears to be an error in a metadata file: what were you trying to install? We need to fix that asap.

I know that AD means that the mod is already there... But what does it stand for? Sorry, curiosity is killing the cat.

Auto-Detected :)

@ Ippo

Finding latest Firespitter dll is like a sort of an orienteering course ^^

You can find the latest build here : http://snjo.github.io/

By clicking on "Download plugin" (not "Download Firespitter")

Version file should be 7.0.5463.30802 (as typing these lines)

Better assume v7.0 is the version needed for KSP v0.90, hopefully Snjo will update the whole thing soon ;)