The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Deleted by the Moderation Team

I'm realy sorry for your trouble, but I doubt that developer of this mod can force your internet provider in any way so that you get better connection without 404 forbidden error.

Could be just that servers where various mods are uploaded are overloaded and can't deliver data in time. Or you just blocked ckan in firewall or AV software and you don't realize it.

Edited by sal_vager

I'm realy sorry for your trouble, but I doubt that developer of this mod can force your internet provider in any way so that you get better connection without 404 forbidden error.

Could be just that servers where various mods are uploaded are overloaded and can't deliver data in time. Or you just blocked ckan in firewall or AV software and you don't realize it.

... did I miss an interesting post?

... did I miss an interesting post?

Well, it was soo interesting that sal_vager deleted it, he should leave a quote or delete my post too :)

Nothing much, just ungratefull user with complains about 404 error, "threatening" that he will flood all forums with post that CKAN is no worthy mod at all if developers of mod doesn't help him to make it runing. What he wrote was not nearly polite as I described, but he provoked me enough to reply on his post.

The cache file for the visual pack should be called:

D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program>dir CKAN\downloads\*astronome*
Volume in drive D is DATA
Volume Serial Number is 5269-5BA6

Directory of D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\CKAN\downloads

12.02.2015 18:46 398.413.030 13625883-AstronomersPack-Interstellar.V2.zip
1 File(s) 398.413.030 bytes
0 Dir(s) 124.492.562.432 bytes free

Just take your pre-existing zip file, and drop it into the right directory with the right name... And, best, verify the file size beforehand...

Success!

All I needed was that pesky 8-digit code :)

Looks like everything is installing now. Thanks for your support!

Success!

Nice :)

All I needed was that pesky 8-digit code :)

Looks like everything is installing now. Thanks for your support!

I believe we had something on api.ksp-ckan.org which would provide you the hash code for a given mod and version (essentially, the download URL). I need to check what happened to it one of those days...

99 itty bitty tasks on the shelf, take one down, launch it into space, 105 itty bitty tasks on the shelf :sticktongue:

Theoretically yes.. We just had some bigger issues on the build box (see my posting immediate above), and honestly too little time to fix all the little bits that failed in the meantime.

Time for another weekend of github issue and PR catchup :)

Identifier changes are not really loved. We have no way of notifying users that their installed mods have changed their identifiers.

On the In-Flight Waypoints topic though, this is something I have to look into. I believe the installation directory has changed in a way that makes netkan cry softly in its beer :)

So I just installed mono and CKAN on my Ubuntu OS. Only problem I'm having is CKAN doesn't automatically find my KSP install, and I can't browse to the ".local" folder in the CKAN GUI (it doesn't show up at all). How do I point CKAN to my KSP install which is through steam. Additionally, once I have the first part figured out, am I supposed to point CKAN to the "Kerbal Space Program" folder or to a different folder within?

EDIT: Incase anyone else is running into the same problem, I figured this out with a little workaround. I created a sym-link to the KSP directory on my desktop using the following command in Terminal:

[FONT=courier new]sudo ln -s /home/[COLOR=#0000ff]USERNAME[/COLOR]/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/"Kerbal Space Program"/ /home/[COLOR=#0000ff]USERNAME[/COLOR]/Desktop[/FONT]

Where USERNAME is replaced with your appropriate username. When launching CKAN you simply need to point it to this sym-link on your desktop. Note that you cannot delete this sym-link for this trick to continue to work.

Edited by AML225

On the In-Flight Waypoints topic though, this is something I have to look into. I believe the installation directory has changed in a way that makes netkan cry softly in its beer :)

Just dropped in to tell that the Waypoint Manager (was: In-Flight Waypoints) is available now...

Any chance we could add a "favorites" or "following" column to CKAN? This way I could filter the list to just my favorite mods, whether or not they are intalled. This would be useful when one of my mods isn't compatible with the newest version of KSP, but I want to remember to load it once it is. Just a thought. Cheers!

Hello, I couldn't find this question anywhere but apologies if it's already been addressed. I've selected the mods I would like to install and ckan has run fine but I'm not sure how it then knows to select the 64 bit ksp exe when I select Launch KSP.

I'm running Linux and am not sure how to check which exe is running so could you confirm that it does in fact launch the 64 please?

Thanks!

ADIOS seems to have an issue;

About to remove:

Done!

About to install...

* ADIOS V.12 (cached)

Oh no! We tried to overwrite a file owned by another mod!

Please try a `ckan update` and try again.

If this problem re-occurs, then it maybe a packaging bug.

Please report it at:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/issues/new

Please including the following information in your report:

File : GameData/TechManager/TechManager.dll

Installing Mod : ADIOS V.12

Owning Mod : TechManager

CKAN Version : development (beta)

Your GameData has been returned to its original state.

Error!

Never used ADIOS, but problem could be that some cfg file or something is created after you first time run game with that mod.

CKAN don't recognized it as file that is installed trough CKAN and therefore doesn't delete it.

After you have removed ADIOS mod, double check that all ADIOS files are deleted and then try to install again.

I looked at the places it looks, but all it showed was curse.

Could you please post me the steps you are following?

I assure you that most mods are downloaded from kerbalstuff, like FAR, B9, FASA... and mine :P

CKAN is not a download manager: it cannot automatically manage every new mod that is posted on kerbalstuff or curse, but it needs someone to write a metadata file so that it can be supported first.

Never used ADIOS, but problem could be that some cfg file or something is created after you first time run game with that mod.

CKAN don't recognized it as file that is installed trough CKAN and therefore doesn't delete it.

After you have removed ADIOS mod, double check that all ADIOS files are deleted and then try to install again.

The problem is that ADIOS includes the techmanager mod, hence the problem being with 'GameData/TechManager/TechManager.dll' It really needs to properly have a dependency and stuff rather than including it in the download. Remove techmanager and you can install ADIOS fine and everything works since techmanager is included in ADIOS, but someone somewhere needs to update the config files.