The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Could I make a request for a button to override the "We didn`t do anything to your system as the folder was not empty" feature and force deletion of the folder for a fresh install or update please?

I know I want ckan to overwrite anything there and if stuff is left behind I know I want it deleted and it would be nice to tell ckan that somehow.

EDIT : Also it seems that even if I remove all instances of module manager ckan still sees it as `AD`

CKAN seems to not update my mods from KerbalStuff properly. ForScienceContinued for example got a 0.26 version 4 days ago and the newest version on CKAN-meta repo is still 0.25.2. KerbalScienceExchange on the other hand never had a 1.0.1 update but the CKAN-meta repo has a 1.0.1 update listed with a link to CraftHistory.

Something else i have noticed is that the meta files don't grab the right folder to install resulting in conflicts with all of the 3 mods. All 3 mods include the KerboKatzUtilities which has 2 files and one folder. The files get excluded properly but the folder doesn't.

CKAN seems to not update my mods from KerbalStuff properly. ForScienceContinued for example got a 0.26 version 4 days ago and the newest version on CKAN-meta repo is still 0.25.2. KerbalScienceExchange on the other hand never had a 1.0.1 update but the CKAN-meta repo has a 1.0.1 update listed with a link to CraftHistory.

Something else i have noticed is that the meta files don't grab the right folder to install resulting in conflicts with all of the 3 mods. All 3 mods include the KerboKatzUtilities which has 2 files and one folder. The files get excluded properly but the folder doesn't.

Hey SpaceTiger! I pulled the wrong files for KerbalScienceExchange, they should be rebuilt shortly.

I'm really sorry but I'm super-busy these days: I don't have the time to look into the conflict just now, I'll do that ASAP. If you could open a support ticket on github, that would be the best for us :)

Hello I run OSX 10.6.8 and I installed Mono.

When I try to open CKAN.exe using the terminal I get this error.

ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/3.12.0/lib/libgdiplus.dylib

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()

at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.Main..ctor (CKAN.GUIUser User) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CKAN.Main:.ctor (CKAN.GUIUser)

at CKAN.GUI.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

MacBook-Pro-de-usuario-2:~ usuario$ mono/Users/usuario/Downloads/ckan\(1\).exe

-bash: mono/Users/usuario/Downloads/ckan(1).exe: No such file or directory

MacBook-Pro-de-usuario-2:~ usuario$ mono /Users/usuario/Downloads/ckan\(1\).exe exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

What could I do?

Thanks!

I've been trying to get ckan running on mac, but when I do so(with the latest version laika and running osx yosemite 10.1.1, not the latest version of yosemite) it crashes and gives me this error in terminal. It does so after opening up the mono application but before the gui loads it crashes.

Error:

exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.ArgumentException: The requested FontFamily could not be found [GDI+ status: FontFamilyNotFound]

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.FontFamily..ctor (GenericFontFamilies genericFamily) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.FontFamily:.ctor (System.Drawing.Text.GenericFontFamilies)

at System.Drawing.FontFamily.get_GenericSansSerif () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.Font.CreateFont (System.String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte charSet, Boolean isVertical) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.Font..ctor (System.String familyName, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.Font..ctor (System.String familyName, Single emSize, System.String systemName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Font:.ctor (string,single,string)

at System.Drawing.SystemFonts.get_DefaultFont () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Theme..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()

at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.Main..ctor (System.String[] cmdlineArgs, CKAN.GUIUser User, Boolean showConsole) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CKAN.Main:.ctor (string[],CKAN.GUIUser,bool)

at CKAN.GUI.Main_ (System.String[] args, Boolean showConsole) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui (CKAN.CmdLine.GuiOptions options, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

From what I can tell its trying to access some file or directory that doesn't exist, which may be due to my os not being up to date but that is unlikely. This may be a client side issue, but it seems to be an error with ckan. I haven't tried downloading another version, which may fix the problem. Will edit in case it is solved.

Edit: Major derp and realized mono wasn't installed. Maybe a mention somewhere more obvious besides the bottom of the wiki would help, but hope the troubleshooting error will maybe help someone else.

Edited by Strayed

ADIOS seems to have an issue;

I've been having issues updating ADIOS as well. It encounters an unhandled exception.

CKAN shows this in the installing mods window:

About to remove:

Done!

Downloading "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/545/ADIOS/download/V.13"

Not removing directory e:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/TechManager, it's not empty

Not removing directory e:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ADIOS, it's not empty

Then an exception window opens:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

CKAN.FileExistsKraken: Trying to write e:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ADIOS/ADIOS-HUGETHANKS.txt but it already exists.

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.CopyZipEntry(ZipFile zipfile, ZipEntry entry, String fullPath, Boolean makeDirs)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.InstallModule(CkanModule module, String zip_filename)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Install(CkanModule module, String filename)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddRemove(IEnumerable`1 add, IEnumerable`1 remove)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, NetAsyncDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Is there any way we can update a mod manually, and then force CKAN to recognize that it has been updated?

Hi, I've just downloaded this for the first time, when I run the program and hit the "Refresh" button, I get a new window saying "Error!" "Failed to connect to repository". How do I get it to work?

I'm using windows 7.

Hi, I've just downloaded this for the first time, when I run the program and hit the "Refresh" button, I get a new window saying "Error!" "Failed to connect to repository". How do I get it to work?

I'm using windows 7.

You could try the Settings menu->CKAN Settings->Push "New" under repositories->Add the Amsterdam mirror->Refresh again

So I just installed mono and CKAN on my Ubuntu OS. Only problem I'm having is CKAN doesn't automatically find my KSP install, and I can't browse to the ".local" folder in the CKAN GUI (it doesn't show up at all). How do I point CKAN to my KSP install which is through steam. Additionally, once I have the first part figured out, am I supposed to point CKAN to the "Kerbal Space Program" folder or to a different folder within?

EDIT: Incase anyone else is running into the same problem, I figured this out with a little workaround. I created a sym-link to the KSP directory on my desktop using the following command in Terminal:

[FONT=courier new]sudo ln -s /home/[COLOR=#0000ff]USERNAME[/COLOR]/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/"Kerbal Space Program"/ /home/[COLOR=#0000ff]USERNAME[/COLOR]/Desktop[/FONT]

Where USERNAME is replaced with your appropriate username. When launching CKAN you simply need to point it to this sym-link on your desktop. Note that you cannot delete this sym-link for this trick to continue to work.

Ty just installed fresh copy of ubuntu/ckan and worked like a charm :) +1

Ey, just wanted to fly by around here and thank you for the effort you put on making this mod.

It is just so easy to keep everything tidy, updated and mostly bug free when it comes to KSP modded installs.

Keep working on it, it's a pretty good work.

Can I make a feature request?

It would be nice to have an option in the settings so that Ckan automatically refreshes on load. If it could be combined with auto update, then on load you could see if any installed mods had updates by seeing if there was a changeset tab or not (might even auto update while it is at it maybe?)

Then you could just load Ckan, wait until it is ready and load KSP which has been updated automatically.

Thank you muchly.

EDIT : Also Vessel Viewer is showing as incompatible but the current version works fine (at least on my 0.90.0 install anyway) (also posted in vessel viewer thread)

Edited by John FX

(also posted in vessel viewer thread)

In the future please avoid going to the authors for CKAN-related issues. It's our problem, not theirs.

Oh, and please open a ticket for that, someone will take care of it as soon as we have the time.

I just noticed that module manager 2.5.10 was released, apparently mid February. However CKAN still shows 2.5.9 as the latest version, even after refreshing.

What needs to happen to get this updated?

This mod... It's a life saver! No more incorrect installs, closing KSP,mtweaking, and then waiting another 3p minutes for the game to load all of the textures at once... Thanks! Saves so much time and trouble.

nlight, can you change the title of Auto-update to "Mod Auto-update"? Not sure of that title means CKAN autoupdates, or mods autoupdate.

It is CKAN auto-updates, and not mod auto-updates.

I don't know if it's been requested already, but is there any way CKAN can be made to check if there are updates available for CKAN itself? I installed 1.55 when it was the latest version, and only today discovered it was now up to version 1.62.