The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Gosh dang it. I'm still discovering how curlsharp works underneath. Alas, falling back to http isn't an option (KS forces https), and the metadata doesn't allow for multiple locations (although you could configure to download from the CKAN mirror, which would probably help).

As for ubuntu, can you try `apt-get install libcurl3` and then trying again? I'm *hoping* it's just looking for a local libcurl library and failing.

~ pjf

Too bad, libcurl3 is already installed properly here. CKAN 1.6.5 *did* work before, probably because KS updated their encryption mechanisms recently.

There is no option to specify alternative download locations for mod packages, at least not in the GUI. I may be able to edit the metadata repositories manually, but that means I would have to edit every individual mod which is hosted on KS to download from somewhere else.

Trying with libcurl4-openssl-dev throws an exception:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at CKAN.AutoUpdate.FetchLatestCkanVersionReleaseNotes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.Main.Main_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by diomedea

New release! v1.6.6 aka 16 Psyche

* Uninstall can now use a regexp (thanks Ippo!)

* Hotfix to allow for downloads from KerbalStuff on Linux/Mac/Mono (thanks Daz, linuxgurugamer, and nlight!)

Note for Linux users

Please `apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev` to make sure you've got all the new SSL libraries.

Note for Linux/Mac/Mono users

If you encounter any problems, try `mozroots --import` to update mono's certificate store.

The hotfix means that download progress *will not* be shown when downloading form KerbalStuff. Your downloads are still happening, and this will be fixed in a later release.

Download here.

Too bad, libcurl3 is already installed properly here. CKAN 1.6.5 *did* work before, probably because KS updated their encryption mechanisms recently.

There is no option to specify alternative download locations for mod packages, at least not in the GUI. I may be able to edit the metadata repositories manually, but that means I would have to edit every individual mod which is hosted on KS to download from somewhere else.

Trying with libcurl4-openssl-dev throws an exception:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at CKAN.AutoUpdate.FetchLatestCkanVersionReleaseNotes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CKAN.Main.Main_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is just a shot in the dark but are you on the latest version of mono?

* Uninstall can now use a regexp (thanks Ippo!)

Just a very small clarification for the three affected users (me, myself and I): you can specify multiple regular expressions at once, the matches are joined using a <or>.

That is, if you specify 3 expressions and a package matches at least 1, it is selected for removal.

I'm trying to install CKAN, did all the steps for installing on ubuntu 14.04 (I am on 14.10, but I assume it's the same process). But when I try to add my KSP directory all I ever get is this

./ckan.exe ksp add "Main" ~/KSP_linux/
Sorry, /home/[redacted]/KSP_linux does not appear to be a KSP directory

I have some mods already installed and am running ksp 0.90

any suggestions?

I'm trying to install CKAN, did all the steps for installing on ubuntu 14.04 (I am on 14.10, but I assume it's the same process). But when I try to add my KSP directory all I ever get is this
./ckan.exe ksp add "Main" ~/KSP_linux/
Sorry, /home/[redacted]/KSP_linux does not appear to be a KSP directory

I have some mods already installed and am running ksp 0.90

any suggestions?

CKAN does a *very* simple check to see if something is a KSP directory. In particular, it wants to see:

1. A GameData directory

2. A "readme.txt" line which contains a KSP-looking version string somewhere inside it.

If your readme.txt file was accidentally overwritten by a mod, then 2 is going to fail. You can potentially get away with a readme.txt file that simply contains the line "Version 0.90.0 Beta" and all will be well. :)

~ pjf

I still can't download anything from kerbalstuff on ckan on linux, I have applied all the fixes from the last page of the thread and it still doesn't work. I am running xbuntu 14.4.

What happens when you attempt a download? Could you supply a log of any kind? Try running commandline and 'mono ckan.exe install --verbose <mod-identifier>' This should generate loads of text in the console and give some hint as to what isn't working, it would be helpful to see this log.

Have you tried doing a 'mozroots --import --ask-remove' in console lately? That could also help.

EDIT: Just to make really sure, you are using the 1.6.6 official release client from github and not the support-107 client linked earlier in this thread?

Yes i'm using the latest github version. I get an error that the download failed due to an authentication error and it tells me to run mozroot. I ran it before even trying ckan but I did it again to make sure (sudo both times) and I still get the same error. I'm not home right now but I'll post the logs when I get home.

All of the mods that I've tried are from kerbal stuff so I can't tell if its just a KS issue or not.

CKAN throws unhandled exceptions when updating the following two mods to the current version as of this date:

Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Can't upgrade SpacetuxSA, it is not installed

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, NetAsyncDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

SETI-BalanceMod

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Can't upgrade BackgroundProcessing, it is not installed

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, NetAsyncDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

CKAN throws unhandled exceptions when updating the following two mods to the current version as of this date:

Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts

SETI-BalanceMod

This happens because they have had their dependencies changed. You need to uninstall and reinstall them to solve it I'm afraid.

Just a very small clarification for the three affected users (me, myself and I): you can specify multiple regular expressions at once, the matches are joined using a <or>.

That is, if you specify 3 expressions and a package matches at least 1, it is selected for removal.

Who needs <or> when you have good ol'

ckan remove --re .*?

;)

Fair warning! The above command will select all your mods for removal.

So uhm, quite the noob here.

I have 7 mods that weren't automatically detected on the first run of CKAN. I put the check mark on them and i get errors that i need to uninstall them because it's already there.

So the program didn'T detect them, then detected them ?

So uhm, quite the noob here.

I have 7 mods that weren't automatically detected on the first run of CKAN. I put the check mark on them and i get errors that i need to uninstall them because it's already there.

So the program didn'T detect them, then detected them ?

Assuming they're in the folders normally assigned to them CKAN will notice that something is already in the place it's trying to install to and won't overwrite to ensure it maintains consistency and doesn't ruin anything of yours. Basically you can't ask CKAN to install something that's already present in the place it wan't to install to no matter if it autodetects it or not.

Assuming they're in the folders normally assigned to them CKAN will notice that something is already in the place it's trying to install to and won't overwrite to ensure it maintains consistency and doesn't ruin anything of yours. Basically you can't ask CKAN to install something that's already present in the place it wan't to install to no matter if it autodetects it or not.

So it's expected behavior. Ok.

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if there was any chance of getting text colour options? Currently On Linux Mint and my theme is resulting in this illegible mess:

xp5uh4.png

Technically Usable, yes, but extremely awkward. Even if it's just an exe hack, I'd prefer that to having to go into my system settings every time I want to check a mod is installed or whatever.

Sorry for the trouble, thanks.

Strangely, downloading one packet at a time is still possible. But I don't have to say it is tedious to lookup all dependencies for each packet only to download them one at a time.

Also, a crash has truncated half of my registry.json so I have to redownload ALL mods with the procedure I stated... No thanks.

Feature request: Changes to the fragile registry should be done first writing to a temporary file, then copied over.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes i'm using the latest github version. I get an error that the download failed due to an authentication error and it tells me to run mozroot. I ran it before even trying ckan but I did it again to make sure (sudo both times) and I still get the same error. I'm not home right now but I'll post the logs when I get home.

All of the mods that I've tried are from kerbal stuff so I can't tell if its just a KS issue or not.

Did a quick check, mozroots actually can be run without sudo, and it seems to manage a different cert store for each user. So you should run it without sudo if you want to run ckan without sudo.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird. I can repeat the same errors when I run the same commands, but CKAN works for me. Have you tried running CKAN regardless? Bit of a stretch, but who knows...

Sadly the download still gets to a halt in ckan and the debug log reveals

Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.

Are there any plans to have the option to install subsections of mods? Say engines only or whatever? With the current state of KSP I find it increasingly difficult to keep my separate installs stable (for example with RSS). Being able to select specific (part)subcategories of individual mods would be amazing.

Sadly the download still gets to a halt in ckan and the debug log reveals

Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.

So much for throwing science at the wall.

However, I was able to google off of that and found these two posts in a very familiar thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-6-6-26-Mar-2015?p=1804311&viewfull=1#post1804311

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-6-6-26-Mar-2015?p=1804520&viewfull=1#post1804520

Make sure you're on CKAN 1.6.6, and have curl installed. I'm guessing you already do, but it can't hurt to double check.

I've been using CKAN since it first came out, so I might have gotten relevant certs before any updates broke things. That might be why I'm having a better time with things. Just a half-educated guess.

when trying to install a bunch of mods, I get this error after a bunch of popup windows that said mod failed to download (the urls also told me they were all from kerbalstuff)

EDIT 2:

After looking back through previous pages in this thread I found a solution. I ran mozroots with sudo and did

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev

Oh no! Our download failed with a certificate error!

If you're on Linux, try running:
mozroots --import --ask-remove
on the command-line to update your certificate store, and try again.

I ran the command but nothing changed when I tried to install again.

EDIT:

the popup window says:

Failed to Download "https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/132/B9 Areospace Pack/download/R5.2.8" - error: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailuer

Edited by peachoftree
found solution