The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Awesome :D

here I came finally installing the latest version of KSP, but not very eager of spending the whole day fetching all of those mods again.

Installed on linux, via the mono oficial repository instead, which gives me version 3.12 instead, but works. It requires mono-complete however, just mono-runtime doesn't work.

Actually haven't tested downloading anything yet but gui works very well, and a bunch of mods available too. Thanks!

edit:

The actual downloading works, problem is with bigger list (for example my initial gathering of a large number of mods) the downloader reaches a point where it simply stops.

For example right now is 44% at 0 kpbs. Is this an issue? or will it resume at some point?

Edited by Gfurst

Awesome :D

here I came finally installing the latest version of KSP, but not very eager of spending the whole day fetching all of those mods again.

Installed on linux, via the mono oficial repository instead, which gives me version 3.12 instead, but works. It requires mono-complete however, just mono-runtime doesn't work.

Actually haven't tested downloading anything yet but gui works very well, and a bunch of mods available too. Thanks!

edit:

The actual downloading works, problem is with bigger list (for example my initial gathering of a large number of mods) the downloader reaches a point where it simply stops.

For example right now is 44% at 0 kpbs. Is this an issue? or will it resume at some point?

Due to an unfortunate bug it can stop ~100 seconds at a time when installing stuff in OS X or Linux.

Hey guys when I try to install RSS textures using CKAN I get the error message "the underlying connection was closed: could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel"

not sure if this has already been discussed, but any assistance would be appreciated

Well this tool was awesome the one time it worked.. now whenever I use it I get the cmd box flash, then it shows up in my bar at the bottom but clicking it doesn't show anything.... Tried redownloading with no luck.

Using the latest Windows 10 Tech Preview

Hey guys when I try to install RSS textures using CKAN I get the error message "the underlying connection was closed: could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel"

not sure if this has already been discussed, but any assistance would be appreciated

more information needed. What is your OS and are you using the latest version of CKAN?

Well this tool was awesome the one time it worked.. now whenever I use it I get the cmd box flash, then it shows up in my bar at the bottom but clicking it doesn't show anything.... Tried redownloading with no luck.

Unfortunately this is a known issue. https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/794

or in short go to Users/<your user>/AppData/Local/CKAN/<somenumbersandletters>-CKAN/user.config.xml and change main window position from -32000, -32000 to 0, 0. This should resolve the issue.

not sure I got the path right because I'm on a mobile device atm bit should be close enough to figure it out I hope.

The problem is that the SSL certificate at https://nabaal.net/files/ksp/nathankell/RealSolarSystem/Textures/RSSTextures2048DDS.zip is expired.

It would be great if CKAN could ignore this and/or Nabaal could update its certificate.

Way to reproduce:

1. Manually install SCANSat mod into GameData
  2. Launch CKAN
  3. CKAN will autodetect SCANSat
  4. Install Contract Pack: ScanSat via CKAN
  5. Manually remove SCANSat
  6. Press Refresh in CKAN
  7. CKAN crashes with exception:

The following inconsistencies were found:
ContractConfigurator-ContractPack-SCANsat requires SCANsat but nothing provides it ò CKAN.SanityChecker.EnforceConsistency(IEnumerable`1 modules, IEnumerable`1 dlls)
ò CKAN.RegistryManager.Save(Boolean enforceConsistency)
ò CKAN.KSP.ScanGameData()
ò CKAN.Main.UpdateRepo()
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ò System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
ò System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
ò System.Windows.Forms.MenuStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
ò System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It appears because I've deleted dependency mod. But if I want to add this mod into CKAN management, I had to remove it manually first.

this is what shows up:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 192.30.252.136:443

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

at CKAN.AutoUpdate.MakeRequest(Uri url)

at CKAN.AutoUpdate.FetchLatestCkanVersion()

at CKAN.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

ckan

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

Microsoft.CSharp

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hello, it's been a long time since I started using CKAN, and it was error free until today. I tried to update EVE, and an error message popped in. I tried to uninstall the mod and reinstall it but the error message kept showing up. I decided to manually delete the folders it was in, and refreshing the repository hoping CKAN would detect it was no longer there.

It kept showing the mod as installed, and whenever I try to uninstall it, this message appears: (I'm translating it from Spanish, the language of my OS)

"Non controlled exception in the app. If you click Continue, the app will omit this error and will try to continue. If you click Exit, the app wil cllose inmediatly.

An exception type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' has been produced."

And this is the copy and paste of the details tab:

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Se produjo una excepción de tipo 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken'.

en CKAN.Registry.LatestAvailable(String module, KSPVersion ksp_version)

en CKAN.MainModList.<ComputeChangeSetFromModList>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__1(String rDep)

en System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass12`3.<CombineSelectors>b__11(TSource x)

en System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()

en System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.UnionWith(IEnumerable`1 other)

en CKAN.MainModList.ComputeChangeSetFromModList(Registry registry, KSP current_instance)

en CKAN.Main.ModList_CellValueChanged(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.SetValue(Int32 rowIndex, Object value)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.PushFormattedValue(DataGridViewCell& dataGridViewCurrentCell, Object formattedValue, Exception& exception)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.CommitEdit(DataGridViewCell& dataGridViewCurrentCell, DataGridViewDataErrorContexts context, DataGridViewValidateCellInternal validateCell, Boolean fireCellLeave, Boolean fireCellEnter, Boolean fireRowLeave, Boolean fireRowEnter, Boolean fireLeave)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.CommitEdit(DataGridViewDataErrorContexts context)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.NotifyCurrentCellDirty(Boolean dirty)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCheckBoxCell.OnCommonContentClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellContentClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.OnMouseUpInternal(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseUp(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edit: Ok... sooo... I tried deleting the CKAN folder in the game, and adding CKAN again, as if it was a fresh install, then I updated the repository and now it only detects half of the mods I've installed, and all of them with an "AD" message.

I'm not touching anything else until I get further support, I promise.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Suko

Way to reproduce:

1. Manually install SCANSat mod into GameData
  2. Launch CKAN
  3. CKAN will autodetect SCANSat
  4. Install Contract Pack: ScanSat via CKAN
  5. Manually remove SCANSat
  6. Press Refresh in CKAN
  7. CKAN crashes with exception:

The following inconsistencies were found:
ContractConfigurator-ContractPack-SCANsat requires SCANsat but nothing provides it ò CKAN.SanityChecker.EnforceConsistency(IEnumerable`1 modules, IEnumerable`1 dlls)
ò CKAN.RegistryManager.Save(Boolean enforceConsistency)
ò CKAN.KSP.ScanGameData()
ò CKAN.Main.UpdateRepo()
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ò System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
ò System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
ò System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
ò System.Windows.Forms.MenuStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
ò System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It appears because I've deleted dependency mod. But if I want to add this mod into CKAN management, I had to remove it manually first.

When you mix manual installs with CKAN you are responsible for the manual portion. This is probably solved by manual adding SCANsat, removing contracts from CKAN, removing SCANsat and then installing both through CKAN.

this is what shows up:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 192.30.252.136:443

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

at CKAN.AutoUpdate.MakeRequest(Uri url)

at CKAN.AutoUpdate.FetchLatestCkanVersion()

at CKAN.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

ckan

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/ckan.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

System.Transactions

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

System.EnterpriseServices

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll

System.Numerics

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

System.Xml.Linq

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll

System.Data

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

Microsoft.CSharp

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

you fail to connect to github for some reason during the check for autoupdates, are you behind a firewall?

Hello, it's been a long time since I started using CKAN, and it was error free until today. I tried to update EVE, and an error message popped in. I tried to uninstall the mod and reinstall it but the error message kept showing up. I decided to manually delete the folders it was in, and refreshing the repository hoping CKAN would detect it was no longer there.

It kept showing the mod as installed, and whenever I try to uninstall it, this message appears: (I'm translating it from Spanish, the language of my OS)

"Non controlled exception in the app. If you click Continue, the app will omit this error and will try to continue. If you click Exit, the app wil cllose inmediatly.

An exception type 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken' has been produced."

And this is the copy and paste of the details tab:

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Se produjo una excepción de tipo 'CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken'.

en CKAN.Registry.LatestAvailable(String module, KSPVersion ksp_version)

en CKAN.MainModList.<ComputeChangeSetFromModList>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__1(String rDep)

en System.Linq.Enumerable.<>c__DisplayClass12`3.<CombineSelectors>b__11(TSource x)

en System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()

en System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1.UnionWith(IEnumerable`1 other)

en CKAN.MainModList.ComputeChangeSetFromModList(Registry registry, KSP current_instance)

en CKAN.Main.ModList_CellValueChanged(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.SetValue(Int32 rowIndex, Object value)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.PushFormattedValue(DataGridViewCell& dataGridViewCurrentCell, Object formattedValue, Exception& exception)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.CommitEdit(DataGridViewCell& dataGridViewCurrentCell, DataGridViewDataErrorContexts context, DataGridViewValidateCellInternal validateCell, Boolean fireCellLeave, Boolean fireCellEnter, Boolean fireRowLeave, Boolean fireRowEnter, Boolean fireLeave)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.CommitEdit(DataGridViewDataErrorContexts context)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.NotifyCurrentCellDirty(Boolean dirty)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCheckBoxCell.OnCommonContentClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellContentClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.OnMouseUpInternal(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseUp(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Edit: Ok... sooo... I tried deleting the CKAN folder in the game, and adding CKAN again, as if it was a fresh install, then I updated the repository and now it only detects half of the mods I've installed, and all of them with an "AD" message.

I'm not touching anything else until I get further support, I promise.

:rolleyes:

you screwed the registry, if it is a fresh install start over totally by deleting all modfolders in GameData and reinstalling CKAN.

you screwed the registry, if it is a fresh install start over totally by deleting all modfolders in GameData and reinstalling CKAN.

:P

Ok... that should keep me entertained for a while...

Thanks for the help!

:)

Haven't played KSP for a while, I was having older version of CKAN installed. I downloaded and instaled latest 1.6.6 CKAN relese.

Refreshed repositories, all works well so far. Detected bunch of updated mods, when I tried to install mod updated I got this error:

CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Can't upgrade NehemiahScienceCommon, it is not installed
at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, NetAsyncDownloader netAsyncDownloader)
at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

It seems that CKAN tried to upgrade "NehemiahScienceCommon" mod. This one was not required on older release of Orbital Science mod, so it was not installed. But it is required for new release and when CKAN tries tu upgrade it fails with above error. When that happened neither of other mods were updated properly.

Workaround of this is that you need to uninstall(not update) Orbital Science mod first, update every other mod that need update then install Orbital Science mod again with all new requirements.

I managed to solve my problem, posting this here to help anyone else that could have similar issue.

When you mix manual installs with CKAN you are responsible for the manual portion. This is probably solved by manual adding SCANsat, removing contracts from CKAN, removing SCANsat and then installing both through CKAN.

Yes, I understand. But I think it would be more userfrendly not to crash application, totally blocking any attempts to use it.

Yes, I understand. But I think it would be more userfrendly not to crash application, totally blocking any attempts to use it.

Seems I read to quick and thought you har a problem with this happening.

Is it reproducable in commandline also? Either way please raise a github issue if you haven't already :)

Either way please raise a github issue if you haven't already :)

Unfortunately, I don't have github account. Yes, there are people, who don't have account there and I'm among them. :sticktongue:

I've been using CKAN for quite a while now, and I have not had any major issues! This is a great mod management ap, thankyou to everyone who has worked on it! You guys have done a great job so far, I'm excited to see what plans you have.

I do have a couple random suggestions, mostly UI tweaks.

• First of all, I personally have had a lot of trouble trying to find a specific .zip file in the KSP_Win/CKAN/Downloads/ folder due to the way that the .zip files are renamed. For example, sometimes I will mix and match different configs from ATM basic and ATM agressive, or sometimes I will swap out high res RSS planet textures based on what planet I will be focusing on. However it can be a bit of a pain to find the .zip I am looking for because CKAN adds a hexdecimal code to the beginning of the file name. Is there any way that perhaps this hexdecimal code could be added to the back of the filename so I can scroll through the mod .zips alphabetically?

• I would also really like it if I could choose to ignore relationships when installing or uninstalling a mod. I personally would enable this by adding an option in the settings menu (Preferably under an "advanced settings" to scare away newbs) to enable/disable installing mod relationships.

• I would also like to see the file size of the unzipped and installed mod folders if possible.

Thanks again! Good luck!

The Past and Future CKAN

It's been almost five months since the first version of the Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) was released. What started as a desire to make it easier to install and manage Kerbal mods has now turned into a system that's used by tens of thousands of users, along with hundreds of contributors to our metadata and code. The CKAN has been a huge success.

Last month, I posted saying that we were looking for an infrastructure sponsor to help us with our growing needs, and I'm delighted to say that search has been successful. We're very grateful to Amazon Web Services for their ongoing support.

With the help of AWS, we're not only ensuring that mods are indexed quickly and our code is continuously tested, but we're also mirroring thousands of past and present mod releases. We're looking forward to future CKAN clients being faster and more reliable than ever before.

Our biggest challenges at the moment are not technical, but instead time pressures faced by many of our key contributors. All the CKAN developers work on the project in their spare time, and we have some outstandingly talented people. However that means they're also starting companies, running successful businesses, jumping out of airplanes, or having rich and varied lives that compete for their

time.

In order to ensure the continued development and support of the CKAN, I'd like to move it out of the things I do when I have spare time, and instead into the things I do as part of my job, with regular code sprints, scheduled work days, progress reports, and accountability.

I run my own software consultancy, so having the CKAN as part of my job is entirely possible, but it means turning down other projects to make time for it. To see if this is possible, I've created a patreon page to support my CKAN development efforts. I've already got co-working space and a huge amount of coffee booked for the 12th April, so if we hit our first funding milestone by that time, it will be the first CKAN sprint.

Regardless of whether we make the funding goals or not, I still intend to work on the CKAN during my spare time as I always have. However if successful I'm looking forward to being able to devote more and regular hours to CKAN development and support.

For everyone who has contributed to the project, thank you for helping make it the incredible success that it is today. It's been a pleasure working with you, and I look forward to doing even more of the same in the future.

If you'd like to support me in developing the CKAN, or simply learn more about my plans, please visit my patreon page for more information.

Many thanks,

~ Paul

(CKAN project founder)

I'd be glad to support you on Patreon! Consider it done.

Im an OSX user of CKAN, and I find it to be such a great tool. My only real complaint is the download speed throttling I get. The FAQs seem to suggest it happens occasionally. I seem to start downloading things at 1000-something kbps, only for it to drop to about 50 usually and sometimes as low as 4. It rarely, if ever, stays up there at full speed.

I'd be glad to support you on Patreon! Consider it done.

Im an OSX user of CKAN, and I find it to be such a great tool. My only real complaint is the download speed throttling I get. The FAQs seem to suggest it happens occasionally. I seem to start downloading things at 1000-something kbps, only for it to drop to about 50 usually and sometimes as low as 4. It rarely, if ever, stays up there at full speed.

I had that issue on a Mac, but found that downloading the previews first, so they were cached, was a reasonable workaround. (And sometimes, a later build of CKAN fixed it too)

I also have this issue. I have narrowed it down and if you delete GUIConfig.xml from the CKAN folder then it will work. You will have to select whether to check for updates again but you will not have to reinstall all your mods.

Using windows 7 ultimate

I would love to have a native OSX build of it. Don't use it just because of that. Mac is not the place for .exe. (i know i can run it with mono, but is not the right way to do it)

;)

Do you avoid any java software too? ;)

I would love to have a native OSX build of it. Don't use it just because of that. Mac is not the place for .exe. (i know i can run it with mono, but is not the right way to do it)

;)

I renamed ckan.exe to ckan and have it in my .local/bin on Linux, doesn't actually cause any pain...

I also have this issue. I have narrowed it down and if you delete GUIConfig.xml from the CKAN folder then it will work. You will have to select whether to check for updates again but you will not have to reinstall all your mods.

Using windows 7 ultimate

You don't even have to do that, you just have to change this in \Kerbal Space Program\CKAN\GUIConfig.xml

<WindowLoc>

<X>0</X>

<Y>0</Y>

</WindowLoc>

When CKAN malfunctions the x and y values will be at -32000, looking like

<WindowLoc>

<X>-32000</X>

<Y>-32000</Y>

</WindowLoc>

Put them back to zero, and the window will now be able to display on screen.

This fix is from the github discussion here, https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/794