The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Still there is something wrong with repository update. I've noticed, that Ven Stock-Revamp mod has version 1.7.2 as latest release since 7th of Febrary, but CKAN still shows a 1.7.1 version.

Does CKAN automatically update information about mods versions, or authors should do it manually?

Ckan only auto updates mods from KerbalStuff. Mods that are Github exclusive need to have their metadata updated manually. Ven is pretty busy and I don't think he's on KerbalStuff, so someone will need to intervene manually to get the latest version up.

I've noticed that KerbalFoundries doesn't seem to be updating correctly, either. The version string changed from starting with "Alpha" to "Beta" at the time it stopped updating properly - might this be related?

The mod's up to date on KerbalStuff.

Edited by Simes

Aparently CKAN works for everyone else, but it doesnt work for me, i ran the windows one and got SSL errors and no answers to how to fix it. Now I have installed linux to get around ksp's memory leak and CKAN doesnt work for linux either.

I think this is a conspiracy to make me waste time on a program that absolutly does not work in any sense

Here is the linux error

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CKAN.Net ---> System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CKAN.Net ---> System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Make sure you are running the latest version of mono

Make sure you are running the latest version of mono

That fixed it

Now I just need to patch the game, stuck @ 0.90.0

Patcher doesnt do anything, and I tried downloading the linux patcher on the wiki and that did nothing as well

EDIT:

Apparently this is being thrown now(I checked and the libz files are installed)

./Patcher: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Edited by darqen27

EDIT: I meant when I try to manually remove the mod, (Delete the folder) CKAN gives me errors when I refresh the list of mods. SO there is no way that I can see to update these mods through CKAN. (It wont update them, It Cant remove them, I cant remove them. I DONT want to have to update them manually from now on.

CAN we get the ability to Force an update of a Autodetected Mod?

Yeah, this is needed

Did something change with CKAN, it was working and now it throws errors that your server has an invalid certificate

Make sure you are running the latest version of CKAN.

yes, the server did change, the older version doesn't work.

I believe the current version is 1.6.6

Make sure you are running the latest version of CKAN.

yes, the server did change, the older version doesn't work.

I believe the current version is 1.6.6

But I do have the current version, I just downloaded it 3 days ago

Hello there,

I encoutered an issue with all the CIT mods from marce. None of them work and cause and exception handling pop-up to appear.

I would like to know either if there's any chance we can get packages for KSP Interstellar continued by boris and the extended configs from Freethinker.

Anyway, thank you for this great tool. Save me a lot of time and a headache.

Kind regards.

I can't get any Mods to update or install. I get this error:

Failed to download "URL OF MOD" - error: SendFailure (Error writing headers)

Sometimes it is a Timeout error instead. Any ideas? This is on Linux with the latest Mono version, CKAN 1.6.6 or the Beta build

I can't get any Mods to update or install. I get this error:

Failed to download "URL OF MOD" - error: SendFailure (Error writing headers)

Sometimes it is a Timeout error instead. Any ideas? This is on Linux with the latest Mono version, CKAN 1.6.6 or the Beta build

Try installing only 1 or 2 at a time.

Bump

Still isn't showing, now Sat eve.

I also see a problem on CKAN. I uploaded a new mod about 7 hours ago, it built and was merged according to github:

GitHub pull request #922 of commit cd486b918429b0917a8e661647a810e062834165 automatically merged.

But it still isn't showing.

????

Ahoy everyone!

Thanks me spending 12 hours today in a code sprint, I've got what I hope to be a build which fixes the troubles on Linux and Mac where we see certificate errors, timeouts, long install times, and the like. If you'd like to test it you can find it here. On Windows it should work exactly the same as before. On Linux/Mac it should be much faster when it comes to installing multiple mods at once. If it all works out (please tell me if it does, along with your operating system) then I'll do the official release dance and release it for real.

I am alas behind on the forums again, but hope to catch up soon!

Keep being amazing,

~ Paul

Edited by pjf
Big bold text. :)

I recently downloaded the new version because i haven't really played in a while, and i am unable to open the GUI after the initial install and first time successful opening. Windows says the program is running, but no GUI appears. Has anyone experienced this?

I recently downloaded the new version because i haven't really played in a while, and i am unable to open the GUI after the initial install and first time successful opening. Windows says the program is running, but no GUI appears. Has anyone experienced this?

I've been trying to get help for over a week, my posts just get read over like I'm not here, I wouldn’t expect anything

I had that problem on windows and was unable to fix it. I switched to Linux to 1. Force KSP to run right with 64 bit and my 5000 mods(Which I cant currently install unless I go from page to page, link to link) and 2. Use ckan for Linux which seemed to be alot more stable(yeah right)

Unfortunately Linux seems to have the same problem, so as for now I can't confirm that any version of this program is functional

Stock KSP runs amazing on Linux(and no crashes from memory leaks, I have actually yet to encounter a crash), I would recommend everyone make a small partition for it if you love the game.

Edited by darqen27

I've been trying to get help for over a week, my posts just get read over like I'm not here, I wouldn’t expect anything

I had that problem on windows and was unable to fix it. I switched to Linux to 1. Force KSP to run right with 64 bit and my 5000 mods(Which I cant currently install unless I go from page to page, link to link) and 2. Use ckan for Linux which seemed to be alot more stable(yeah right)

Unfortunately Linux seems to have the same problem, so as for now I can't confirm that any version of this program is functional

Stock KSP runs amazing on Linux(and no crashes from memory leaks, I have actually yet to encounter a crash), I would recommend everyone make a small partition for it if you love the game.

The GUI disappearing is discussed here https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/794

I'd start by checking the local GUIConfig.xml file for the MainWindowPos values.

Hello there,

I encoutered an issue with all the CIT mods from marce. None of them work and cause and exception handling pop-up to appear.

I would like to know either if there's any chance we can get packages for KSP Interstellar continued by boris and the extended configs from Freethinker.

Anyway, thank you for this great tool. Save me a lot of time and a headache.

Kind regards.

CIT mods where hosted on marces own solution and have been taken down by the author. I've opened an issue on github to see how we should resolve the situation, you can see it at https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/932

Afaik we have an interstellar mod by a boris in CKAN? Freethinkers iteration requires overwriting of files and since that is not supported by CKAN for consistency reasons it cannot be added at this stage.

Obviously this program is irrevocably broken and cannot be used by everyone, the info on the main page SHOULD not say stable for all platforms as this is a lie. Seems about 10% of people can actually use it

I have followed all the instructions, downloaded the linux version and files I was told and nothing works, everything is fresh install, everything is updated..

I vote this thread gets removed from completed works

I vote that you simmer down a bit while the issues get resolved. CKAN remains the one single reliable solution to managing your KSP mods. It is also as much in development as any mod or tool for this game has ever been. Your energy is much better spent helping pjf et al. debug it than on throwing out cranky unproductive comments like this one.

Ahoy everyone!

Thanks me spending 12 hours today in a code sprint, I've got what I hope to be a build which fixes the troubles on Linux and Mac where we see certificate errors, timeouts, long install times, and the like. If you'd like to test it you can find it here. On Windows it should work exactly the same as before. On Linux/Mac it should be much faster when it comes to installing multiple mods at once. If it all works out (please tell me if it does, along with your operating system) then I'll do the official release dance and release it for real.

I am alas behind on the forums again, but hope to catch up soon!

Keep being amazing,

~ Paul

Noob Linux Mint user here. With the previous version, I was definitely having the download issue you mention, where the download speed would drop to zero and then either quietly crash or just stop doing anything. I'm not 100% sure how best to provide logs or whatever else might be actually useful for you guys to check, so let me know if there's something I can send to help. For the current version, downloading went way better, I was getting great speed on everything. However, I did get a few issues. When I loaded CKAN (note: I use the graphical interface), I noticed this in the terminal:

14007 [1] ERROR CKAN.URLHandlers (null) - Error: Parsing Error: Could not parse file ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

Next, when I was installing a bunch of mods (121, to be precise), the install portion would choke and die on the Taurus HCV 3.75 and/or the SpaceY lifters mod. As best as I can tell, it's having some issue downloading those two files, since I tracked them down inside the downloads folder and they were only a few hundred bytes in size, and I assume at that point trying to install an incomplete/corrupt archive breaks CKAN. I got this in the terminal at some point during this process, but only once, so I'm not sure how relevant it is:

(process:2642): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

I got everything else installed, but those two consistently choke. Error handling for things like that is my only issue with CKAN, otherwise it seems to be working great. And while I'm at it, I'd love the ability to mark mods as "tracked" and save that to another file or something, so I didn't have to hunt through all 700+ mods to find the 100 or so I want. It makes me all table-flippy when I select the 121 mods I want, CKAN dies, and I have to do it again. :)

Noob Linux Mint user here. With the previous version, I was definitely having the download issue you mention, where the download speed would drop to zero and then either quietly crash or just stop doing anything. I'm not 100% sure how best to provide logs or whatever else might be actually useful for you guys to check, so let me know if there's something I can send to help. For the current version, downloading went way better, I was getting great speed on everything. However, I did get a few issues. When I loaded CKAN (note: I use the graphical interface), I noticed this in the terminal:

14007 [1] ERROR CKAN.URLHandlers (null) - Error: Parsing Error: Could not parse file ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

Next, when I was installing a bunch of mods (121, to be precise), the install portion would choke and die on the Taurus HCV 3.75 and/or the SpaceY lifters mod. As best as I can tell, it's having some issue downloading those two files, since I tracked them down inside the downloads folder and they were only a few hundred bytes in size, and I assume at that point trying to install an incomplete/corrupt archive breaks CKAN. I got this in the terminal at some point during this process, but only once, so I'm not sure how relevant it is:

(process:2642): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion 'sys_page_size == 0' failed

I got everything else installed, but those two consistently choke. Error handling for things like that is my only issue with CKAN, otherwise it seems to be working great. And while I'm at it, I'd love the ability to mark mods as "tracked" and save that to another file or something, so I didn't have to hunt through all 700+ mods to find the 100 or so I want. It makes me all table-flippy when I select the 121 mods I want, CKAN dies, and I have to do it again. :)

Thanks for your report! It would appear you're not alone with the mimeapps.list issue, see https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/issues/89 for 2 other people reporting the same thing. Something that would be really helpful is any additional information on reproduction (does it happen every time or sometimes?). Can you try running CKAN with sudo and see if that makes a difference? If you have a github account adding to the issuereport is very helpful!

I'm unable to reproduce the problem with Taurus HCV and SpaceY lifters using GUI under windows. However the new version primarily deal with linux/OSX so it might be an OS thing. Does the problem persist if you attempt to use commandline to download those mods? The commands would be

mono ckan.exe install RandSCapsuledyne
mono ckan.exe install SpaceY-Lifters

No idea about the Glib critical thing but someone working with that part is sure to understand it and we can never get to much feedback!

As for installing huge chunks of mods I make my own metapackages to solve that specific issue. The initial creation (I make my ones by hand) is somewhat tedious but if you only make small changes further down the road I find it's worth the hassle. A guide can be found at https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-support/wiki/Sharing-a-modlist-%28metapackages%29 if that sounds interesting.