The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Just stopping by to say that with the new repo re-merge, building ckan is a breeze (in fact, you just run "make" and you are done).

OCD-pleasure aside, what this means is that finally it should be super-easy to get CKAN to build into a proper debian-compliant package... which pretty much means that I should be able to finally make our own PPA :)

How can I save my ckan mod list with the GUI in such a way that I can A) post it to a forum thread, or B) be able to wipe my GAMEDATA folder and have CKAN reload all the mods for me?

option B is also useful for porting my KSP setup to another computer as I can just copy that ckan list to the new machine and it will see an empty gamedata folder and fill it up according to my saved mod list.

If these are already possible, how do I do it. and if not possible could it be added?

How can I save my ckan mod list with the GUI in such a way that I can A) post it to a forum thread, or B) be able to wipe my GAMEDATA folder and have CKAN reload all the mods for me?

Rejoice! For this is already done! You should find a CKAN/installed-default.ckan file under your KSP directory. This contains everything you've currently got installed. If you're using a recent CKAN release, you can also use `File -> Export Installed Mods...` from the GUI, allowing you to export a file to a location of your choice.

To re-install all the mods, you can use `File -> Install from .ckan` in the GUI, or `ckan install -c installed-default.ckan` from the command-line. The .ckan files themselves are just text files in a machine readable format (JSON).

I've also now added this to our FAQ.

~ pjf

I am trying to make a .netkan file for one of my favorite mods, Mk2Essentials. Unfortunately the author is only on curseforge, not on KerbalStuff or GitHub, so I am trying for the first time to generate a "none of the above" type metadata setup (per the quickstart guide).

I cannot get it to properly produce a ckan file for me to use with a local install (and eventually to submit to the NetKAN repo). I want to do this for my own use if nothing else, so I can have CKAN manage this along with the other mods I have installed. And it would let more people get at this very nice addon via CKAN.

This is what I have (info straight from the curseforge page)

{
"spec_version" : 1,
"identifier" : "Mk2Essentials",
"name" : "Mk 2 Essentials",
"abstract" : "Some Mk2 parts which I felt were missing from the game",
"author" : "JoePatrick1",
"license" : "All Rights Reserved",
"version" : "5",
"resources" :
{
"homepage" : "http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/99661-1-0-2-Mk2-Essentials",
"x_curse" : "http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/225706-mk2-essentials",
},
"download" : "http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/225706-mk2-essentials/files/2239040/download",
}

The download link is the one I grabbed the Mk2Essentials.zip from to do the original install.

The netkan file above parses OK, (as you can see, no error in the parse) but then the netkan.exe app fails (Win8.1)...

netkan -v Mk2Essentials.nkan

109 [1] INFO CKAN.KSP (null) - KSP found at E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program

156 [1] INFO CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass (null) - Using CKAN cache at E:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program\CKAN\downloads

156 [1] INFO CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass (null) - Processing mk2essentials.netkan

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: input

at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)

at CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass.FindRemote(JObject json)

at CKAN.NetKAN.MainClass.Main[](String[] args)

The download link, when pasted into my browser, grabs the correct file. I even put the file into the CKAN cache with the SHA-1 1st 8 characters prepended to the file name. I tried running netkan from my KSP directory. It didn't change anything - same error.

Help?

Edited by Murdabenne
typos

I am trying to make a .netkan file for one of my favorite mods, Mk2Essentials. Unfortunately the author is only on curseforge, not on KerbalStuff or GitHub, so I am trying for the first time to generate a "none of the above" type metadata setup (per the quickstart guide).

Oh! netkan.exe is only required if we need to *expand* something to produce the final metadata, be that release info from kerbalstuff or github, or version info from an embedded .version file. For sites we can't automatically index (which includes curse, as we don't have an API for them, and their TOS don't permit scraping), you'd go straight to writing a regular .ckan file. So the real question is can you install your file with `ckan.exe install -c YourFileName.ckan` or the `File -> Install from .ckan` option in the GUI. :)

~ pjf

Oh! netkan.exe is only required if we need to *expand* something to produce the final metadata, be that release info from kerbalstuff or github, or version info from an embedded .version file. For sites we can't automatically index (which includes curse, as we don't have an API for them, and their TOS don't permit scraping), you'd go straight to writing a regular .ckan file. So the real question is can you install your file with `ckan.exe install -c YourFileName.ckan` or the `File -> Install from .ckan` option in the GUI. :)

~ pjf

OK - now I'm getting the exact same error with this file

{
"identifier" : "RoversAndRoadsters",
"name" : "Rovers and Roadsters",
"author" : "AlphaAsh",
"abstract" : "KashCorp Parts - roadsters and rovers",
"version" : "0.5",
"release_status" : "stable",
"x_netkan_license_ok": true,
"kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/94",
"depends" : [
{ "name" : "ModuleManager" } // Module Manager for cfg support
],
"install": [
{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp/Agencies",
"install_to" : "GameData",
"comment" : "Shared Agencies files for authors mods"
},
{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp/Flags",
"comment" : "Shared Flags files for authors mods"
},
{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp/Resources",
"comment" : "Shared Resources files for authors mods"
},
{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp/RoversAndRoadsters",
"comment" : "Main install for this mod"
}
]
}

I re-downloaded netkan.exe, and I ran it on a known-good .netkan file that I wrote for the Phoenix system, and it worked just fine. But in the file above and in this one as well, something is gone wrong. I dont see any obvious errors, and it does parse properly, so why is it blowing up on a Regex.Match of some sort with a null input?

Help?

Edited by Murdabenne

{
"identifier" : "RoversAndRoadsters",
"name" : "Rovers and Roadsters",
"author" : "AlphaAsh",
"abstract" : "KashCorp Parts - roadsters and rovers",
"version" : "0.5",
"release_status" : "stable",
"x_netkan_license_ok": true,
"kref" : "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/94",
"depends" : [
{ "name" : "ModuleManager" } // Module Manager for cfg support
],
{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp/Agencies",
"comment" : "Shared Agencies files for authors mods"
},
{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp/Flags",
"comment" : "Shared Flags files for authors mods"
},
{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp/Resources",
"comment" : "Shared Resources files for authors mods"
},
{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp/RoversAndRoadsters",
"comment" : "Main install for this mod"
}
]
}

I re-downloaded netkan.exe, and I ran it on a known-good .netkan file that I wrote for the Phoenix system, and it worked just fine. But in the file above and in this one as well, something is gone wrong. I dont see any obvious errors, and it does parse properly, so why is it blowing up on a Regex.Match of some sort with a null input?

Help?

I'd say your problem lies in "// Module Manager for cfg support" which is not the correct way of adding comments to the file and I suspect that would also register as some sort of regex if one is unlucky.

might be something else but I just woke up and that's what screams at me from a distance.

please add the ability to navigate to the desired modification

I created an issue for you in github (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1082) so that your idea won't be lost in the forum thread.

- - - Updated - - -

CODE

Help?

As pjf mentioned the comment on line 12 isn't the right format (you don't need to comment it at all).

You can reduce the entire install stanza down to:

{
"file" : "GameData/KashCorp",
"install_to" : "GameData"
}
]

If every folder inside "KashCorp" should be installed, then we can just install "KashCorp" itself. I will highlight though, that if AlphaAsh has other mods in CKAN that also install the "Agencies", "Flags", and "Resources" folders it becomes a whole other beast since you need to split things apart.

Moving on you can eliminate lines 4-9. The mod name, author name, abstract, version, and release_status will be provided by KerbalStuff and "x_netkan_license_ok" will actually fail because the license listed on the KerbalStuff page isn't one that netkan will allow so you'll need a line with "license": "BSD-3-clause"

So in the end it would be something like:

{
"spec_version": 1,
"identifier": "RoversAndRoadsters",
"$kref": "#/ckan/kerbalstuff/94",
"license": "BSD-3-clause",

"depends": [
{ "name": "ModuleManager" }
],

{
}
]

}

You can reduce the entire install stanza down to:

{
}
]

If every folder inside "KashCorp" should be installed, then we can just install "KashCorp" itself. I will highlight though, that if AlphaAsh has other mods in CKAN that also install the "Agencies", "Flags", and "Resources" folders it becomes a whole other beast since you need to split things apart.

Thats the reason I did a separate install for each directory - he does have other apps, they do install to KashCorp, and they use the same set of common resources from the base directory, then put mod in a sub-directory by its own name. This was the first .netkan I am making for that, I plan to cover the others even though I dont use them, because someone else might find it useful. So is my install section proper usage for that situation?

As for the regex error, yes it was the //comment that blew it up. I am in a habit of putting in comments when I am bashing about with configs, because for something like this in 3 months time I will not have a clue what I did unless I comment my stuff. I opened an issue (feature request?) on Github for inline-end-of-line comments #1084. Sorry if thats not the right way of doing things, I only started using github a couple weeks ago, but it seems to make sense there.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Murdabenne
added issue number from github

One other thing - is there a list of "accepted" exact license strings that CKAN understands? This is a frequent problem, trying to guess what CKAN wants, and there is no link to a list in the netkan starter guide.

One other thing - is there a list of "accepted" exact license strings that CKAN understands? This is a frequent problem, trying to guess what CKAN wants, and there is no link to a list in the netkan starter guide.

The licenses can be found in https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/blob/master/CKAN.schema

As for breaking the mod into parts, you need to make the common components into 1 package and the independent parts into packages that depend on the common one. If you want to list the author's mods (with links) I can add them within the next 24 hours.

all fixed, thanks for the help in IRC!

- - - Updated - - -

The licenses can be found in https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/blob/master/CKAN.schema

As for breaking the mod into parts, you need to make the common components into 1 package and the independent parts into packages that depend on the common one. If you want to list the author's mods (with links) I can add them within the next 24 hours.

Here is what I have (link to pastebin to avoid spamming) describing things and showing what I have

So instead of 2, I need 3? one for KashCorp (the base directory KashCorp with the Agencies Flags and Resources), and one for each mod (KashCorp with KAP, and KashCorp with RoversAndRoadsters). How do I properly put together the "base" one, since it is not a mod on its own, but included in the other two (identical in both, at least for now)?

Edited by Murdabenne
pastebin link

Here is what I have (link to pastebin to avoid spamming) describing things and showing what I have

I'm not able to test them all, but at a glance they all look good. If someone told you to set a version for KashCorpSA.netkan then I'll defer to them, but I would opt to not hardcode a version field, and instead let the KAP kerbalstuff page determine the version.

Ninja edit: line 26 doesn't need a comma.

Hi, i searched in the forum but only found people with the problem, but not how to solve it.

Ckan can't find my KSP directory, when i try to point it out, it says that it isn't a valid KSP directory...any help is apreciated.

Hi, i searched in the forum but only found people with the problem, but not how to solve it.

Ckan can't find my KSP directory, when i try to point it out, it says that it isn't a valid KSP directory...any help is apreciated.

Can we have a picture of your KSP directory? I'm assuming you're missing a readme.txt with the games version in it though, that seems to be the most common case.

There is also one thing that is not mentioned anywhere, at least I didn't found it.

When you first time make install of KSP, or make another instance of KSP clean install, you need to run vanilla KSP at least once, configure your prefered settings, like key binding, video/sound settings, etc. save preferences and exit game.

Only if you did that before you run CKAN, it will run without problems, otherwise throws error.

Installed v1.6.14-0-g0000000 via Homebrew on OS X 10.10.3. Everything except the GUI seems to be working so far; trying to launch the GUI yields the following as an output log:

exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.dylib
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog+DialogForm..ctor (System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog owner) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog/DialogForm:.ctor (System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog)
at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog:.ctor ()
at CKAN.Main..ctor (System.String[] cmdlineArgs, CKAN.GUIUser User, Boolean showConsole) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CKAN.Main:.ctor (string[],CKAN.GUIUser,bool)
at CKAN.GUI.Main_ (System.String[] args, Boolean showConsole) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui (CKAN.CmdLine.GuiOptions options, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Not fatal as it still works via command line, but figured I ought to report this. Lemme see if I can install libgdiplus.

EDIT: Some searching around suggests it's possible that the problem is that libgdiplus is installed but not being recognized. The only instructions I can find to fix this involve another thing with the same problem. Ugh.

EDIT 2: Remembered that I got the following notice when installing Mono:

To use the assemblies from other formulae you need to set:
export MONO_GAC_PREFIX="/usr/local"

Did that, didn't help. :(

EDIT 3: Can't figure out how to install to an install other than the default from the command line. Anyone have a suggestion?

EDIT 4: Can't figure out how to install Realism Overhaul either, or any mods for 0.90 for that matter. Was support dropped with the 1.0 update?

Edited by Whovian

Installed v1.6.14-0-g0000000 via Homebrew on OS X 10.10.3. Everything except the GUI seems to be working so far; trying to launch the GUI yields the following as an output log:

exception inside UnhandledException handler: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.KnownColors ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.dylib
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()
at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog+DialogForm..ctor (System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog owner) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog/DialogForm:.ctor (System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog)
at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog:.ctor ()
at CKAN.Main..ctor (System.String[] cmdlineArgs, CKAN.GUIUser User, Boolean showConsole) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) CKAN.Main:.ctor (string[],CKAN.GUIUser,bool)
at CKAN.GUI.Main_ (System.String[] args, Boolean showConsole) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Gui (CKAN.CmdLine.GuiOptions options, System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.CmdLine.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Not fatal as it still works via command line, but figured I ought to report this. Lemme see if I can install libgdiplus.

EDIT: Some searching around suggests it's possible that the problem is that libgdiplus is installed but not being recognized. The only instructions I can find to fix this involve another thing with the same problem. Ugh.

EDIT 2: Remembered that I got the following notice when installing Mono:

To use the assemblies from other formulae you need to set:
export MONO_GAC_PREFIX="/usr/local"

Did that, didn't help. :(

EDIT 3: Can't figure out how to install to an install other than the default from the command line. Anyone have a suggestion?

EDIT 4: Can't figure out how to install Realism Overhaul either, or any mods for 0.90 for that matter. Was support dropped with the 1.0 update?

Something with the homebrew versions of mono isn't working together with CKAN. I strongly recommend manually installing mono and grabbing the latest version of CKAN from github since there have been 7 releases since 1.6.14 and many of those have adressed critical enhancements for OS X users.

Assuming you're running 0.90 CKAN will show you the mods for 0.90, if you're running 1.0.2 CKAN will show those mods. Which version are you on?

To switch installation through commandline do 'ckan ksp default' and pick one of the ones you've added with 'ckan ksp add'

Now I'm getting the following when using mono ./ckan.exe:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2[CKAN.Version,CKAN.CkanModule].get_Item (CKAN.Version key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.AvailableModule+<Latest>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (CKAN.Version v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1E`1[CKAN.Version].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.AvailableModule.Latest (CKAN.KSPVersion ksp_version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Registry+<Available>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (CKAN.AvailableModule pair) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1E`1[CKAN.AvailableModule].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[AvailableModule] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Registry.Available (CKAN.KSPVersion ksp_version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList (Boolean repo_updated) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main+<UpdateModsList>c__AnonStoreyD.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Util.Invoke[Main] (CKAN.Main obj, System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main.UpdateModsList (Boolean repo_updated) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

EDIT: Nvmd, removing the installs the old version of CKAN knew about seems to fix it.

EDIT 2: Any way to get it to recognize KSP installs in /Applications rather than in ~/Desktop? "Add new" seems to only allow me to add installs whose path starts with ~/Desktop.

EDIT 3: Any attempt to select an instance results in the same crash listed above.

EDIT 4: Er ... I lied, that only happens with the 0.90 version. Trying to figure out what's going on.

EDIT 5: Okay, I think I got it working.

Edited by Whovian

There's a bug when trying to install Astronomers Visual Pack where it says what http://imgur.com/qArH1pb says, i select continue and it just brings me back to manage mods (http://imgur.com/srQMk7f), without installing it. (note error at the bottom...)

Edit: Turns out it was just hiding a seperate error message for some reason, unlike in the previous version. It works now that i deleted something, but you might want to fix that...

Edited by GudPiggeh
Fixed

Now I'm getting the following when using mono ./ckan.exe:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2[CKAN.Version,CKAN.CkanModule].get_Item (CKAN.Version key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.AvailableModule+<Latest>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (CKAN.Version v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1E`1[CKAN.Version].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.AvailableModule.Latest (CKAN.KSPVersion ksp_version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Registry+<Available>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (CKAN.AvailableModule pair) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1E`1[CKAN.AvailableModule].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[AvailableModule] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Registry.Available (CKAN.KSPVersion ksp_version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main._UpdateModsList (Boolean repo_updated) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main+<UpdateModsList>c__AnonStoreyD.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Util.Invoke[Main] (CKAN.Main obj, System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main.UpdateModsList (Boolean repo_updated) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CKAN.Main.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

EDIT: Nvmd, removing the installs the old version of CKAN knew about seems to fix it.

EDIT 2: Any way to get it to recognize KSP installs in /Applications rather than in ~/Desktop? "Add new" seems to only allow me to add installs whose path starts with ~/Desktop.

EDIT 3: Any attempt to select an instance results in the same crash listed above.

EDIT 4: Er ... I lied, that only happens with the 0.90 version. Trying to figure out what's going on.

EDIT 5: Okay, I think I got it working.

To add stuff in Applications (are you sure it's installed there and not in say ~.Libraries?) I think you might have to use commandline, there's some wonky stuff going on with hidden and system folders on both Linux and OS X.

You're the third person to report that kind of error message for 0.90 installs and I've seen it to a few times. I have no idea what might be going on. Will poke a dev about it!

There's a bug when trying to install Astronomers Visual Pack where it says what http://imgur.com/qArH1pb says, i select continue and it just brings me back to manage mods (http://imgur.com/srQMk7f), without installing it. (note error at the bottom...)

Edit: Turns out it was just hiding a seperate error message for some reason, unlike in the previous version. It works now that i deleted something, but you might want to fix that...

Need more information than "it hid another error message but I solved it by deleting something" :)

What was the error message? How did you solve it?