The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

Do you guys mean How should CKAN handle forced install ? Thats the link to the discussion started a month ago on it on github. There has been a bit of talk on irc as well. Its a bit more complex than many may realize, because it affects authors a lot. Basically if someone gets bugs that exist because they installed an unverified version against a new KSP version, and it fails, and they go posting to the author's thread "installed via CKAN", then the fault is usually laid on CKAN for cluttering up the author's thread and taking their time chasing a bug in code that should not have been installed anyway (sometimes justified, sometimes not). This is what the CKAN crew is trying to balance, among many other things. And yes, some mod authors have snits about CKAN, but those are generally not done in public. What they run into is dependencies and/or interference between mods: this is an issue -and a complex one - of which part of it is handled by CKAN in their metadata to help keep the end users informed of such issues (and prevent them when practical).

So yeah, they are hashing out a solution, but feel free to contribute.

I'll have a look as soon as I can.... Looking into it now.
It's working now, think an additional config file wasn't uploaded earlier for it.

The Real Plume Stock Configs file is now showing up in CKAN but for me I still can't install Real Plumes because of a greyed out dependency being RealFuels-Engine-Configs (Virtual). Any ideas?

Hello! I'm running Linux Mint 64 bit, currently. Used CKAN successfully back in v0.9 on my old PC, and am now running KSP 1.04 on this PC. My first attempt to install CKAN on this PC a week or so ago didn;t get very far. This time, after getting myself confused over whether I was supposed to be installing mono in Linux or mono for Wine, CKAN is installed. However, on startup it errors as follows: Unable to load mono library from "Z:/home/esme/Games/KSP/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/Mono/mono.dll" (error = 126). - which is perfely reasonable as that file is indeed missing. WHen I try to use synaptic to see what might install it, it tells me I already have stuff installed that should include it, but using locate - I can;t find it. In any case, running CKAN without it it seems that CKAN knows about lots of mods, but can;t download anything. Your advice would be greatly welcomed, as I'm out of ideas (bet I've overlooked something somewhere!). Thank you in anticipation, Esme Additional - restarting my PC, it now no longer throws that error message. It can definitely update the repository data - I'm seeing traffic on the ethernet connection when it tries, but no mtter what I try installing (eg: Kerbal Alarm Clock), when I tell it to install I see a brief spike on the network connection, but it never actually downloads the mod (all network connections are wired btw, no mucking about with wireless connections here). I tried installing just about everything mono-related using Synaptic, but still no sign of that pesky mono.dll :-(

<br/><br/>

Update: Doesn't matter what I do, fresh download and fresh install of CKAN to a new install of KSP even - the current version simply will not work beyond showing a list of mods that are available.

Edited by Esme

The Real Plume Stock Configs file is now showing up in CKAN but for me I still can't install Real Plumes because of a greyed out dependency being RealFuels-Engine-Configs (Virtual). Any ideas?

I'm not quite sure what you're describing with "grayed out dependency" but to fulfill a dependency for RealFuels-Engine-Configs you need to install either "Real Fuels: Stockalike RF Configs" (RFStockalike) or "Realism Overhaul" (RealismOverhaul)

I`m getting a crash whenever i try to update some mods and install some mods at the same time.

Tells me a file cannot be found, installs updates but does not install new mods.

Would include more info but I`ll have to wait fo a mod to update before I can report the error better.

using latest version of course.

I was noticing last night that there are a few mods that aren't available to me through CKAN, that I had used previously. I am particularly interested in kOS and the Kethane mods. I have also noticed that TAC fuel Balancer is throwing an out-of-date notification for the current KSP build.

Full disclosure, while I have about 350hrs in the game, I have only playing casually for the last 4 months or so, and as such, I am totally out of the loop on what Build we are currently in and what mods have been retired/integrated. Also, it is quite likely that I am pointing CKAN to the incorrect library.

So, is kOS and Kethane currently available through CKAN?

Would include more info but I`ll have to wait fo [sic] a mod to update before I can report the error better.

Can't do much without an error message. With any luck though you won't run into it again. (We can hope anyways)

I was noticing last night that there are a few mods that aren't available to me through CKAN, that I had used previously. I am particularly interested in kOS and the Kethane mods. I have also noticed that TAC fuel Balancer is throwing an out-of-date notification for the current KSP build.

Full disclosure, while I have about 350hrs in the game, I have only playing casually for the last 4 months or so, and as such, I am totally out of the loop on what Build we are currently in and what mods have been retired/integrated. Also, it is quite likely that I am pointing CKAN to the incorrect library.

So, is kOS and Kethane currently available through CKAN?

kOS is available through CKAN. Kethane hasn't formally updated for 1.0 (let alone 1.0.4), though there's a sort of hack for it if you look at the ksp thread.

As for TAC fuel balancer, that's AVC throwing up that error because they haven't updated for 1.0.4 (though CKAN allows you to install it because users have determined that it's compatible). CKAN can't do anything about that issue (you just have to click "close" each time).

I'm not quite sure what you're describing with "grayed out dependency" but to fulfill a dependency for RealFuels-Engine-Configs you need to install either "Real Fuels: Stockalike RF Configs" (RFStockalike) or "Realism Overhaul" (RealismOverhaul)

... but I don't want to install RealFuels or RO. I can download and install Real Plumes manually without installing these mods as dependencies so why does CKAN make it a necessity that these mods are installed? That's the issue I am trying to explain.

... but I don't want to install RealFuels or RO. I can download and install Real Plumes manually without installing these mods as dependencies so why does CKAN make it a necessity that these mods are installed? That's the issue I am trying to explain.

If refreshing then trying to install Real Plume still doesn't work, I'm suggesting you install then uninstall Real Fuels: Stockalike RF Configs to satisfy whatever dependency arose. When you uninstall Real Fuels: Stockalike RF Configs it should uninstall whatever mod created the dependency. After that try installing Real Plume again. It's a hacky solution, but rather than getting the full details of what mods you have installed and whatnot by getting you to upload your CKAN registry, this is a quick method to attempt.

It seems that the bot problem is persistent.

SETI-CommunityTechTree from 18? hours ago is not indexed, as before.

Is there something I can change in my zip/version/NetKAN file to solve these problems?

Thank you very much for your help!

Ran a force install of it through the Terminal and this cropped up.

*******~/Desktop$ mono ckan.exe install RealPlume-StockConfigsThe following inconsistencies were found:
HotRockets 1.0.4.1 conflicts with RealPlume 1:v0.4.1, can't install both.
Install canceled. Your files have been returned to their initial state.

Uninstalled HotRockets and RealPlume was able to install fine. This seems a little counter-intuitive when in the OP of Real Plume's thread it explicitly states:

Compatibility

This is fully cross-compatible with HotRockets, however RealPlume will overwrite HotRockets plumes where both configure the same engine. Because of the way ModuleManager works, any other mods that add effects to engines will either be overwritten, or potentially overwrite RealPlume configs depending on where they fall in alphabetical order relative to RealPlume.

Once I install Real Plumes, the same thing happens. I am unable to install HotRockets for the same reason.

Can you guys do anything about this or is it a mono issue? It's terrible having to switch themes just to use one program.

Linux Mint XFCE, xfce-dusk

AJPNbFY.png

It seems that the bot problem is persistent.

SETI-CommunityTechTree from 18? hours ago is not indexed, as before.

Is there something I can change in my zip/version/NetKAN file to solve these problems?

Thank you very much for your help!

The issue persists because the PR that will fix the situation hasn't been merged yet. https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/pull/1299

The bug is caused by netkan.exe disregarding the "build" in AVC's .version file. So `0.9.1.3` becomes `0.9.1`, which CKAN doesn't recognize as newer than `0.9.1.2`. For now we're adding them manually (which really isn't the position we want to be in). Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you and your users.

HotRockets 1.0.4.1 conflicts with RealPlume 1:v0.4.1, can't install both.

This seems a little counter-intuitive when in the OP of Real Plume's thread it explicitly states [that Real Plume is compatible with HotRockets]

Felger is the author of the mod and the OP you quoted, he's also the one who wrote the CKAN metadata for RealPlume. If you want it changed you'll have to address him. Link to the PR where he set HotRockets as a conflict: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/1783

Can you guys do anything about this or is it a mono issue? It's terrible having to switch themes just to use one program.

Linux Mint XFCE, xfce-dusk

I looked through the issues and it seems this has been around for a while: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/1011

First time in a long while I've had a mod blow up CKAN this bad. Tried to update RasterPropMonitor and got this error:

************** Exception Text **************

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'K:\Kerbal Space Program.104_org\GameData\JSI' is denied.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()

at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.Directory.EnumerateFileSystemEntries(String path)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Uninstall(String modName)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.AddRemove(IEnumerable`1 add, IEnumerable`1 remove)

at CKAN.ModuleInstaller.Upgrade(IEnumerable`1 modules, IDownloader netAsyncDownloader)

at CKAN.Main.WasSuccessful(Action action)

at CKAN.Main.InstallMods(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Did a "continue" but no luck. CKAN went out to lunch. Couldn't get to settings or anything on the menu. Tried it again and had to use "Quit" to exist out of CKAN. Tried running CKAN and did a Refresh and also got an error about RPM. Tried clearing cache. Tried deleting RPM directly, still no go because CKAN still thinks it is installed. Tried updating RPM manually, but CKAN can't refresh without an error so it won't recognize the manual install.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Are there any plans to support mulitple GameData mod sets via CKAN for the same kerbal install and switch between them? I do this manually renaming things rather than have multiple whole kerbal copies but it would probably be simple enough to do in CKAN.

First time in a long while I've had a mod blow up CKAN this bad. Tried to update RasterPropMonitor and got this error:

************** Exception Text **************

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'K:\Kerbal Space Program.104_org\GameData\JSI' is denied.

Did a "continue" but no luck. CKAN went out to lunch. Couldn't get to settings or anything on the menu. Tried it again and had to use "Quit" to exist out of CKAN. Tried running CKAN and did a Refresh and also got an error about RPM. Tried clearing cache. Tried deleting RPM directly, still no go because CKAN still thinks it is installed. Tried updating RPM manually, but CKAN can't refresh without an error so it won't recognize the manual install.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Not really my area of expertise, but jumping out at me is the fact that CKAN is complaining about being unable to access `K:\Kerbal Space Program.104_org\GameData\JSI`. Is CKAN able to access everything else in `K:\Kerbal Space Program.104_org\GameData`? Do you have a read-only flag on the folder or any files inside? If these ideas don't help you clear things up, your CKAN version and version of windows will help anyone else who wants to take a crack at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any plans to support mulitple GameData mod sets via CKAN for the same kerbal install and switch between them? I do this manually renaming things rather than have multiple whole kerbal copies but it would probably be simple enough to do in CKAN.

If you have an implementation strategy in mind, here's the issue to contribute to: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/875

If you have an implementation strategy in mind, here's the issue to contribute to: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/875

I do actually but not quite the same as that issue. What I was thinking of was something like - until the user tries to create a new modset, no change in behaviour. To create a new modset, rename the current CKAN and GameData to CKAN-default and GameData-default. Create empty CKAN and GameData, copy Squad from the default into the new GameData. Refresh and restart CKAN.

Thinking about it, this might be easier to do (and cleaner) as a separate executable. I may knock something up over the weekend.

It might (would) be easier to put GameData and CKAN's directory in a version control system.

Would it be difficult to add a "Copy mod list to clipboard" feature that would put a plain text copy of the mod list in the clipboard. Better yet with the mod names hyper linked to they mod pages. This would be useful when a mod list is needed for a troubleshooting report or when sharing a KSP adventure on the various forums, reddit & youtube.

Addon Version Checker has a feature to copy mod list to clipboard. No links though.

- - - Updated - - -

CKAN can do a mod export, but it's in metadata format. Still though, it has all the names there to copy/paste if you open it in notepad.

Hi all,

Contract Configurator was just updated but is throwing this error:

The following inconsistencies were found:

e:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ContractConfigurator/CC_RemoteTech.dll is registered to ContractConfigurator but has not been removed!

* e:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ContractConfigurator/CC_SCANsat.dll is registered to ContractConfigurator but has not been removed!

* e:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ContractConfigurator/ContractConfigurator.dll is registered to ContractConfigurator but has not been removed!

* e:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/ContractConfigurator/MiniAVC.dll is registered to ContractConfigurator but has not been removed!

Update: Fixed!

Edited by eightiesboi
Updated

A super useful feature would be an ability to do a generic text search on the description text and relationships in the metadata area.

This would be to help in the situation where you're thinking "There might be a mod that does such-and-such but I would have no idea what it's called if it exists."

Often the mod name doesn't really generate hits on any sort of search term you'd think of.

I'm getting this error from CKAN after the recent KW Rocketry update:

The following inconsistencies were found:

KWRocketry requires ModuleAnimateEmissive but nothing provides it

Error!

"Installed version" column for the entry for AnimateEmissiveModule contains "supplied by KW Rocketry" for this mod, but the check box for installed is unticked.

So, when trying to install AnimateEmissiveModule, CKAN produces:

About to install...

* ModuleAnimateEmissive v1.8 (cached)

ModuleAnimateEmissive provided by KWRocketry already installed, skipped

Success!

Any suggestions?

Last I checked (30 minutes ago, since I use it), Hangar Extender is updated for, and working fine with, 1.0x. However, I think snjo just pushed an updated dll rather than making a release, and therefore the netkan isn't catching it. Can someone make a 1.0.4 compatible .ckan for it?